Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
feeding seeds.... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:34 pm

» Good Morning
feeding seeds.... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:33 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
feeding seeds.... Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
feeding seeds.... Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
feeding seeds.... Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
feeding seeds.... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
feeding seeds.... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
feeding seeds.... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
feeding seeds.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) feeding seeds.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.feeding seeds.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
feeding seeds.... Vote_lcapfeeding seeds.... Voting_barfeeding seeds.... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
feeding seeds.... Vote_lcapfeeding seeds.... Voting_barfeeding seeds.... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222880 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
feeding seeds.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
feeding seeds.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

feeding seeds....

Go down 
+3
David
Knackered
barnie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 8:46 pm

Best just mixed in with usual mixture or fed separately after main feed?

These get it mixed in with the regular feed, eat the big stuff first to fill themselves and then pick at the smaller seeds, few bits of barley left then trough taken off at 3pm, 50% Canary conditioning seed 50% Linseed. Looking well on it.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 11:10 pm

barnie wrote:
Best just mixed in with usual mixture or fed separately after main feed?

These get it mixed in with the regular feed, eat the big stuff first to fill themselves and then pick at the smaller seeds, few bits of barley left then trough taken off at 3pm, 50% Canary conditioning seed 50% Linseed. Looking well on it.
Certainly working for you etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy I suggest, when looking at the pictures you have posted here in the past as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 12:29 am

i just mix TK conditioner with their normal feed, they just eat it all together........i dont see it making any difference together or separate .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 8:08 am

we give it for breakfast 50% groats and 50% conditioner and a vegetable pellett is added to that mix to ....main feed on a evening has a percentage of depurative added to the mix ,always a few grains of barley left to empty out after they have perched for the night Smile
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 9:28 am

David wrote:
i just mix TK conditioner with their normal feed, they just eat it all together........i dont see it making any difference together or separate .
Only to the owners Wink Wink maybe David Smile Smile Normally thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what goes in one end bounce bounce lol! lol! lol! goes out the other end as such, so matters little on average I suspect/suggest Wink Wink. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 10:37 am

Whatever works for you.

Used the same mix throughout the year.

Included basic young bird mix including maize and the large grains.

Then a trapping mix and added pea nuts, linseed and hemp.

The former was fed onto the deep litter.

The latter onto a small area where I could clean up any left, usually linseed and rape at different times of the year.

Used this for over 35 years when the best beans became unobtainable on a regular basis.

The only thing I used otherwise was pea nuts as and when, over and above that in the basic feed.

Do not think any two pigeons ate the same feed any two days running.

Just like the wild pigeons.

Worked for me.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 am

David wrote:

its just so that i can gauge how much of the small stuff there getting david they get 1/4 ounce for breakfast of the mix in the morning then 1 ounce main meal in the evening
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 12:02 pm

i just mix approx 5 oz of TK in with their daily feed ........only feed once a day now .

they do get the TK all year round anyway, i rarely alter the corn / feeding, its always the same breeding / racing mix , i dare say i would alter it if i ever raced ........maybe .
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 1:52 pm

oldstrain wrote:
we give it for breakfast 50% groats and 50% conditioner and a vegetable pellett is added to that mix to ....main feed on a evening has a percentage of depurative added to the mix ,always a few grains of barley left to empty out after they have perched for the night Smile
Am pleased to see your use of Groats Oldstrain.

Best all round feed one can have I'd warrant.
50% I fed nigh al season. Great for racing and Breeding.

Feeding youngsters 50%, or more, groats with tic  beans/ Maple peas, and 10% small seed, say a canary. Will give you the best youngsters in the nest and leaving than any other I'd wager.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Groats are in many if not most commercial products.

Balanced with other grains by proffesionals in their field.

So most fanciers will be feeding a certain amount.

I fed some to the canaries prior to the breeding season, well known amongst cannary breeders to put a bit of weight on prior to breeding.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Daz wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
Am pleased to see your use of Groats Oldstrain.

Best all round feed one can have I'd warrant.
50% I fed nigh al season. Great for racing and Breeding.

Feeding youngsters 50%, or more, groats with tic  beans/ Maple peas, and 10% small seed, say a canary. Will give you the best youngsters in the nest and leaving than any other I'd wager.

i only have 3 food bins now 1 for breeding mixture 1 for conditioner and 1 for groats always used pinhead oatmeal for trapping ybs to...also add wheatgerm oil to it to and let it soak in and then add some more small seeds to create a hign fat mix for racing/treat has to be given fresh though as oils go rancid ,i like to dabble its half the fun lol!
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 6:54 pm

A handful of aldi porridge Oates in with the food in the morning then locked up till the next day that's mine
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 pm

markevans wrote:
A handful of aldi porridge Oates in with the food in the morning then locked up till the next day that's mine
For years I always fed a porridge type mix here, multitude of goodies in it. Breeding time Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the stock birds look an absolute mess I'm affraid so I gave it all away in the end. Strange thing was thou Smile Smile I always bred a multitude of 11 flighted youngsters, to a ridiculous type degree each year. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 10:58 am

Do not think feed can have any influence on number of flights Knackerd genes are responsible for anythings make up.

I like the idea though.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 4:19 pm

Just for a but of fun, ran through several experts views on feed today
Every one condems the thoughts of others in some way or other but all think they are right.

Did go through many ideas years ago to form my own opinions and ended up with a mixture of all of them and guided by a fancier of renoun served me well.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 9:37 pm

MISTY wrote:
Just for a but of fun, ran through several experts views on feed today
Every one condems the thoughts of others in some way or other but all think they are right.

Did go through many ideas years ago to form my own opinions and ended up with a mixture of all of them and guided by a fancier of renoun served  me well.

Regards.
lol! lol! lol! Experts Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile could suggest here bounce bounce maybe most of them talk a load of total bollocks on average etc Misty Very Happy Very Happy. Magic formulas Wink Wink Magic mixes Wink Wink lol! lol! lol! give me strength here now Smile  Smile. Even prepared here Smile Smile as generous as I'm Wink Wink to bet Ray's spare 800,000 odd he has there now, that in 50 years the same spin & waffle will be around about the next great magic type mix that one must have if one just wishes to become a champion flyer type Smile Smile. End of the story, what have they all actually achieved come race day on average, all these magic type formulas. For the most part I suggest, empty lofts at seasons end which require replacing each year for the same type of scenario to just happen over & over again, year in year out etc sadly for the average type flyer Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

feeding seeds.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding seeds....   feeding seeds.... Empty

Back to top Go down

feeding seeds....
Page 1 of 1