Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» escaped birds return
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
YB feeding...............????? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) YB feeding...............????? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.YB feeding...............????? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
YB feeding...............????? Vote_lcapYB feeding...............????? Voting_barYB feeding...............????? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
YB feeding...............????? Vote_lcapYB feeding...............????? Voting_barYB feeding...............????? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222592 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
YB feeding...............????? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
YB feeding...............????? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

YB feeding...............?????

Go down 
+2
IANYOUNG
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB feeding...............????? Empty
PostSubject: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:23 pm

i know ive asked this question a few times before , but im still no wiser...........was giving yb a yb no maize mix 1 oz per bird per day, fed twice a day.......with this i had trouble getting them in after exercise so someone suggested this mix was too high in protien and said give them 2/3 rds barley and 1/3/rd widowood mix 1 oz per bird per day........now they seem starving so i dont know what to do as they are either not hungry or too hungry,

at the moment my ybs are doing very little flying and most days just walk around the garden or flutter a couple of laps around the loft, yesterday a fancier said i should be feeding them 1 oz per day or versela laga dark corn which is for dark ybs.....

any thoughts anyone please ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:35 pm

i use vanroebys youngbird mix at the moment until training with maize once i start training then i will give them widowhood corn they get an ounce and a third per day and are flying an hour out once a day feed half when they come in and half before darking down no problem with getting them in takes less than a minute through trap for 48 youngbirds
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:47 pm

I feed versa laga junior, lots of maize but I add beans and peas until training starts, they still get a bit of barley. Hungry birds are better than fat bad trappers so dont worry, leave it well alone.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:53 pm

my birds are never starved and are not fat they fly the corn off , a hungry bird will not excercise Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:05 pm

one of the problems with mine is they are not flying........they flutter around the loft some of them but at the moment they arent all flying in a bunch and exercising to burn the food off.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:33 pm

changed my y/b corn saturday, corn i was getting too high in protein birds wouldnt fly told to feed different at night from morning, morning i feed buxtons diet supreme night time 50% buxtons diet supreme with 50% maple peas for a week them in morning it will be 50% diet supreme 50% y/b widowhood, to see how they go on, upto now flying and bunching apart from youngest 6
Back to top Go down
fourtoday
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:38 pm

My first batch of young would come out straight onto the floor peck around maybe onto the house and in, this went on for weeks now no problem since second round of young arrived. Feed just the same plenty of protein thats more important for growing young.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:05 am

i was told where i went wrong was feeding same morning and night
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Very Happy steve I totally agree witht that..I feed heavy at night and light after morning feed that way they are not hungry in the morning when I want them to fly, and they fly.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:32 pm

mine are flying much better now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:22 pm

altering my feed to 50% widowood and 50% barley to see if it makes any difference, i prefer to feed once a day as i only let them out once a day at thed moment........was feeding yb mix no maize but was told it was too high protien content at this stage and that ybs do need maize in there diet.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:24 pm

fourtoday wrote:
My first batch of young would come out straight onto the floor peck around maybe onto the house and in, this went on for weeks now no problem since second round of young arrived. Feed just the same plenty of protein thats more important for growing young.

hi richard, good to see you on site...........do you have any trouble getting the ybs in after exercise and how much do you give them per day ?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:29 pm

decided to try 1/3rd barley, 1/3rd yb mix no maize and 1/3rd widowhood.........ill give each bird 1 oz and if still hungry another 1/4 oz per bird per day.

any thoughts anyone.....?

p.s. this will be fed once per day after morning exercise.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:29 pm

seem ok on this mix, they are coming in after exercise fairly well and when fed are not running around the loft as tho they are starving..................was looking a bit hunched as tho they had been out for 3 nights !!!!!!!! looking a lot better now. clown
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Would say David make sure you put the fuel in when time for training and racing
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:45 am

david fuel is too exspensive try corn lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm

You will have to make up your mind between Petrol or Diesel lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:16 pm

I would say Diesel as you get more to the gallon on a good run lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YB feeding...............?????   YB feeding...............????? Empty

Back to top Go down

YB feeding...............?????
Page 1 of 1