Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Partnerships
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:37 pm

» BHW Subscriptions
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» Weather today
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Good Morning
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» King removes Patronage
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests :: 2 Bots

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Vote_lcapA Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Voting_barA Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Vote_lcapA Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Voting_barA Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222779 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

A Year in March, how much Longer .

Go down 
+5
markevans
oldstrain
halcanada81
MISTY
David
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 12:40 pm

car insurers are a rip off, im wanting to buy a van, but my 15 years plus no claims for a car mean nothing for insuring a van, so would have to start from 0 again .......i dont see the logic in that Suspect Suspect Suspect

end of the day, being insured doesnt make you a good driver, your ability to be safe doesnt rely on if you having paid £££££££`s to some company No No
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 2:47 pm

The whole point in insurance David is to cover the costs of "accidents" for both parties.

Accidents happen we are only human, if you have a nasty one it can involve thousands of pounds to make good.

Either one of the insured Company pays for both less any ageed amount the insured agreed to pay when taking out the insurance.

The high cost of insurance is because many are not insured and false claims.

Thousands of motorists will have been very pleased there are insurance companies.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 9:54 pm

David wrote:
car insurers are a rip off, im wanting to buy a van, but my 15 years plus no claims for a car mean nothing for insuring a van, so would have to start from 0 again .......i dont see the logic in that Suspect Suspect Suspect

end of the day, being insured doesnt make you a good driver, your ability to be safe doesnt rely on if you having paid £££££££`s to some company No No
So I take it David Smile Smile it's all OK  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  if you just run up the backside of some other driver bounce bounce causing thousands of pounds of damage to his car because of your negligence factor & you have no insurance for the situation, it's all somehow his fault etc & he should just carry the can/burden & costs for all his repairs to get back on the road. Insurers may be rip off merchants, in some cases Wink Wink but please don't use that as an excuse for not acting in a responsible type manner/way at the end of the day & especially if you wish to drive on your local roads there I suggest as a responsible type citizen of your general local community  Smile Smile. cheers& drive safe now Very Happy Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 11:41 am

I think we we bought the van for Eddie his insurance went up because they closed it as a van because the back doors opened like normal doors . It was a doblo,  we have a berlingo now as classed as a car because the back door opens like a car boot ..I think I have that the right way round lol , but I know basically same car/van but different back doors so one a van , one a car
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

So I take it David Smile Smile it's all OK  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  if you just run up the backside of some other driver bounce bounce causing thousands of pounds of damage to his car because of your negligence factor & you have no insurance for the situation, it's all somehow his fault etc & he should just carry the can/burden & costs for all his repairs to get back on the road. Insurers may be rip off merchants, in some cases Wink Wink but please don't use that as an excuse for not acting in a responsible type manner/way at the end of the day & especially if you wish to drive on your local roads there I suggest as a responsible type citizen of your general local community  Smile Smile. cheers& drive safe now Very Happy Very Happy.

your getting confused knackered, i never said it was ok not to be insured .........i said that being insured doesnt make you a better / safer driver , being insured is not a benchmark as to your driving ability . study
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 1:30 pm

David wrote:

Try 'Switch'. Some times brill. Likewise the Post Office van insurance.
Budget are good first time... like many. I always go and look around. Seldom ever use the same one two years on trot.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 2:07 pm

i went on the compare the market daz, wanting £1,100 to insure a vauxhall van (transit size) , then gradually down to £750 for a small car size van, which would be a waste of time ........will give those you mention a try . cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 4:09 pm

Yeah, Days of Compare' markets, them days are gone. Just those that don't want change I guess.
They get - used to - a price, and other companies strived to beat or be there about.
Now they realise that they used to cut prices so the compare the markets sites could, would, and now do add lots more £'''''S on.
Try them I put up David. Mate was told £700 plus- like his mate. Went direct to. this year Transit van was dear, because he didn't bother to - let me shop around more £340 Fully com. Churchill of all people. Fully com. This has all the add on's too.
Several prices were lower and many around the same.
I definitely wouldn't pay more than £350 fully com.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 4:18 pm

ive over 15 years no claims for a car, yet it means nothing when insuring a van ...wheres the logic in that ?

i had a transit around 10 years ago, and when i sold it and went back to a car, they said that years no claims couldnt go back onto insuring a car ..........they have it all ways, when i was young it was expensive, now im older its more expensive scratch scratch scratch lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Absolutely nothing,  its pathetic.  Another thing that angers me is , when s bloke in a hire van hit our parked car outside our house and we where told if we claimed it would affect jaynes insurance,  that is unbelievable it really is , especially when the car is parked up .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 5:28 pm

I get my car insurance through the Senior Citizens Advice Organisation, David.

Originally got one myself and got a Quote from Citizens Advice from the same Insurance Company £100 cheaper.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 9:53 pm

David wrote:
Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

your getting confused knackered, i never said it was ok not to be insured .........i said that being insured doesnt make you a better / safer driver , being insured is not a benchmark as to your driving ability . study
Smile Smile & I said Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes  bounce  bounce So I take it David Smile Smile & "if" type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Have sent you an P.m. David. Transit van for my mate £239 (329) Fully com with an on's.

Most companies only recognise 9 years no claim.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 11:10 pm

peel bros wrote:
I think we we bought the van for Eddie his insurance went up because they closed it as a van because the back doors opened like normal doors . It was a doblo,  we have a berlingo now as classed as a car because the back door opens like a car boot ..I think I have that the right way round lol , but I know basically same car/van but different back doors so one a van , one a car
Went for power plus did we Ray Smile Smile it appears lol! lol! lol! with the Berlingo van there etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes same, same down here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes when  loaded up with grain & the like bounce bounce mine has as great fear of hills I'm affraid unfortunately  Very Happy  Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:54 am

Daz wrote:
Have sent you an P.m. David. Transit van for my mate £239 (329) Fully com with an on's.

yes daz, had a look at it ........thing is im keeping my car as well, so can only use no claims on one vehicle . wouldhave to start off with no claims for a van .

smaller vans are cheaper to insure, but a smallone would be of very little use to me.

what company was your mates with ...?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:57 am

peel bros wrote:

didnt know about that ray, might be worth investigating ....... Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:37 am

David wrote:
Daz wrote:

yes daz, had a look at it ........thing is im keeping my car as well, so can only use no claims on one vehicle .  wouldhave to start off with no claims for a van .

smaller vans are cheaper to insure, but a smallone would be of very little use to me.

what company was your mates with ...?
Down here David Smile Smile something the size of a Berlingo van etc bounce bounce is classed as car on our toll roads. Adds up here somewhat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in a money sense, when out tossing the birds compared to a normal size commercial type van. Now small  Wink  Wink had 30 odd bags of grain in mine here at times  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 12:23 pm

That was Churchill David.
R.A.C gave my Van/Car -  Peugeot Partner 2.0. Was great for training - which I didn't do when ! bought this 2013 and real good on deasil.

Insurance, lowest was £138 - dearest ever was  £178. Now £153 on this Peugeot.

I always have Fully Com as it is 99% cheaper than 3rd party etc.
Often have name drivers. This can bring the price down too ... if clean licence of course.

So obviously cheaper to insure separately. This will most likely also bring the price down, as they bear in mind another insurance could be had. Likewise they like to know when House insurance is due"
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Do not know if you qualify but AGE CONCERN  is who I use and they shop around on ones behalf.

I care more for the cover offered rather than the cost.

Would not want to have to sell the families lead to cover the costs of nasty accident.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:43 pm

MISTY wrote:
Do not know if you qualify but AGE CONCERN  is who I use and they shop around on ones behalf.

I care more for the cover offered rather than the cost.

Would not want to have to sell the families lead to cover the costs of nasty accident.

Regards.
Accident insurance, should be made compulsory by law from my perspective here etc Misty Smile Smile Condition of getting & having a license to drive type of thing for the protection of others on the road. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 9:38 am

It is actually illegal Knackered to drive without insurance, a driving license or road tax.

Police now actualy crushing cars that have no insurance etc;

The biggest problem is the drugies and the louts who have no respect for anyone or anything.

Unless they are jailed they just steal another car and carry on.

Did not realy have any concern regarding the damage burning petrol and deisel was having on the environment until I considered  seeing the lines of cars etc; in our area and then considering that this is the case world wide.

It is a wonder we have any oxygen left.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:46 am

what about the foreign registered cars in the uk, they can drive them without taxing , insuring them in the uk or mot`ing them for 6 months .......... Evil or Very Mad Suspect
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 11:38 am

No one resident in England can drive a foreign car.

If they do they must comply with the rules relative to residents.

Seems a stupid idea to me but has no real effect on how the resident drivers flaunt the law.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:41 pm

foreigners can come here and bring their car with them, use it for up to 6 months without abiding by our rules ......after 6 months if they want to keep the car they have to register it with DVLA .

i couldnt go buy a foreign registered car, and drive it without abiding by DVLA rules on foreign plates .......thats exactly my point .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Can understand your comments on this matter David, appears a bit weird to me.

What annoys me more than anything is the vast amount of money taken from motorists on one pretence or another and we have some of the worst roads possible.

Me thinks the money is going in the wrong direction.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Year in March, how much Longer .   A Year in March, how much Longer . - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Year in March, how much Longer .
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next