Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Canker, Cocci, Worms  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 118 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 118 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Canker, Cocci, Worms  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Vote_lcapCanker, Cocci, Worms  Voting_barCanker, Cocci, Worms  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Vote_lcapCanker, Cocci, Worms  Voting_barCanker, Cocci, Worms  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Canker, Cocci, Worms  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Canker, Cocci, Worms

Go down 
+3
oldstrain
Daz
David
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Canker, Cocci, Worms  Empty
PostSubject: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 12:52 pm

ordered my canker, cocci and worm prevention yesterday, hope it comes before christmas .............. Very Happy Very Happy Razz

should have ordered weeks ago really pale pale
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Why?

A little canker is very good for the birds. Using the same treatment over two or three times, is very bad for the birds. 32/33 different strains that quickly get immune to canker treatments. Causing a deep rooted canker. Which is very often causing so many various treatments for other things ... which the birds don't have. YB sickness included.

Now a little canker / strain will fight of other strains etc. and do the bird good. But many feed the same treatment willy - nilly every year stating 'All ways have can't fault it etc. that which it becomes immune to.

Have world renown vets stating so. 3 at a moot saying as such too!
I can't say as I every bothered to. Likewise worms. and lice, do the birds good in appropriate quantities.

Only when a full strength mixed with a full strength Baytril once in a while... incase they had contacted it racing. But then again, condition and health, alertness bade them well and not needed mostly.

Had a fellow contact me three weeks ago. had big problems with birds. Went to mates, took advice. Went to a Vet, no good. Birds listless and wet dropping etc. I asked him what he treated etc. Same story. Same canker and worm treatments etc. Especially when pairing up!

I said that the birds were passing on an improved and stronger canker1
Said to give them the Baytril and Another full strength canker cure!

He is over the moon with them now!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 3:33 pm

i always worm before pairing ,our country is to damp not to,mind you a sprinkle of diatamaceous earth about the loft should take care of any eggs ...and any creepy crawlies ...but i do worm once a year with moxidectin as for canker only when racing but do use a few natural herbs to keep on top of sour crop when breeding (oregano,fennel tea) as for cocci hardly ever treated for that either but have the odd young bird,a damp loft is not a good one for cocci or anything else come to think of it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 4:27 pm

thats why i do it darren, as a preventative ......my old lofts got sun all day, but my new lofts face the oposite way and rarely get direct sunlight, only early morning .
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 7:32 pm

I took 2 tests when racing when my birds went off the boil . I will not mention where I got the tests done but I wanted to test the person doing them as well as finding the answer,  anyway one came back via a telephone call all clear , nothing to worry about birds are spot on. The other one , birds ate riddled with cocci...mummy very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 10:22 pm

David wrote:
ordered my canker, cocci and worm prevention yesterday, hope it comes before christmas .............. Very Happy Very Happy Razz

should have ordered weeks ago really pale pale
lol! lol! lol! having a bit of a clean out are we David Very Happy Very Happy it appears, before Xmas etc bounce bounce so your ready to go & enjoy  the good life afterwards Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 11:05 pm

peel bros wrote:
I took 2 tests when racing when my birds went off the boil . I will not mention where I got the tests done but I wanted to test the person doing them as well as finding the answer,  anyway one came back via a telephone call all clear , nothing to worry about birds are spot on. The other one , birds ate riddled with cocci...mummy very interesting.
Vets Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes of the bird kind etc bounce bounce have one down here Ray WinkWink he started racing the local season here recently put on because of the virus issue. 2 races Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & the pain just got to him I heard lol! lol! lol! & he finished up jumping off a cliff like a lemmon type Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 1:44 pm

treatments arrived this morning, will start sunday or monday ....... Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 10:10 pm

Its costs a canny big fof us to treat every year but it has to be done
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 10:57 pm

peel bros wrote:
Its costs a canny big fof us to treat every year but it has to be done
At least you can split it 3 ways etc Ray Smile Smile I suggest Wink Wink More money wasted on medication scenarios by Mr average thou I suspect bounce bounce than what they could/may win in the end on average. Could even Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes tell a tale bounce bounce about a world renowned expert type ???? who jumped off a cliff here recently Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & survived & then yesterday actually come back for more punishment I'm affraid lol! lol! lol! & I somehow suspect now Smile Smile he may just be jumping out of a plane now without a parachute to take the pain away again, because all his magic type potions weren't worth a crumpet again sadly here come the end of the day for him with his race Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 7:21 am

Not split 3 ways , our loft boy pays nothing
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 10:46 am

peel bros wrote:
Not split 3 ways , our loft boy pays nothing

lol! lol! lol! yeah compo needs his dosh for the summer wine eh bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 4:21 pm

I think mob treating can help some and be detrimental to most.

If there is a decernable problem I would have isolated those concerned.

Thankfully after a while I had no problems.

When you first start up or introduce you will always have problems.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Best to do the lot in our case as got to treat as a team not individually.  Much easier for us
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Yes Darren   little edd won't pay a penny not one ... he never will
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 8:18 pm

I havnt treated for cocci worms or canker for a year now, saying that I put one spot on the back of the neck for lice so that’s supposed to kill internal worms, and I use RopaB, Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday which is supposed to suppress all 3.
I’ve used it for years and the only trouble I ever seem to have is YBS, I cant remember off hand ever having a problem with an old bird for anything.
I really rate Ropa, I think it is dear but it lasts a long time.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 9:45 pm

i used ropa b all the time for quite a few years boosey, but stopped around a year ago ........found it too expensive if im honest, as i had quite a lot of pigeons, and at £50 a bottle it didnt last too long.

now i use the ronfields avidress most days, and vits in the water once or twice a week......avidress £11 and lasts ages .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 10:28 pm

David wrote:
i used ropa b all the time for quite a few years boosey, but stopped around a year ago ........found it too expensive if im honest, as i had quite a lot of pigeons, and at £50 a bottle it didnt last too long.

now i use the ronfields avidress most days, and vits in the water once or twice a week......avidress £11 and lasts ages .
50 pound a bottle Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I know whose laughing all the way to the bank etc Wink Wink there Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 10:29 pm

yes thats what i thought too knackered ..........fella who distributes it in uk is a slink anyway in my opinion . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 10:51 pm

David wrote:
yes thats what i thought too knackered ..........fella who distributes it in uk is a slink anyway in my opinion . Very Happy
Colliodal Silver etc David Smile Smile taught me many years ago here bounce bounce what a total rort these type of things are on average for Mr Average. Make them for pennies Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & then sell them for pounds type of thing  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 9:15 am

avidress/ropa both very very good products both oregano based although avidress contains cinnammon and organic acids along with oregano and i prefer the avidress myself but when breeding ropa is used i just think avidress may be too acidic for feeders jmo though and doubt it matters any atb
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 1:06 pm

Hardly ever treated. Only when told by some, I needed too! Though I never had a need also!

John Tranter gave us a talk regards a solution and made into a cake-like treatment to feed the birds! Which is wife gave him. Said it was very effective and cost next to nothing. She was a nurse. John said he went chemist and bought some.
Gosh! The first day he treated. Next morning said he'd saw nothing like it! The worms were everywhere. Crawling on the floor and hanging from the perches etc.
Some fed members tried it and said it there was unbelievable results. - Worms taking the goodness from the feed? -

I tried it, was disappointed - don't know why!

Told members had nothing! No result at all!
Two members, who had had great results, came to my house and made me some. Fed it to the pigeons. Next morning 'Nothing'1
So the other fancier made it up for me! Why? Same result 'Nothing'!

My worry was, was I destroying worthwhile worms. Never have wormed since.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 2:19 pm

worms can be a real barsteward to the fancier as they dont really harm short term but can show awful droppings and send a fancier into a frenzy of treatments thinking he has a bacterial problem and i just wonder how many birds been blind treated i dont think a annual treatment does much harm...most lofts with a wood based deep litter would have some form of worm issue i would think ,i like to worm annually to stop any worm build up in the birds but also for air sac mite and other bloodsuckers with the use of moxidectin which is not so harsh as some other treatments like fenbenzadole ,hal uses diatamaceous earth which is good stuff and a natural product but very dusty as its fine like talc so no good for my lungs but i do put some under the nest felt its great stuff and food grade and have heard of fanciers using it on the corn to eliminate worms Smile great for mites etc...to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 3:28 pm

oldstrain wrote:
worms can be a real barsteward to the fancier as they dont really harm short term but can show awful droppings and send a fancier into a frenzy of treatments thinking he has a bacterial problem and i just wonder how many birds been blind treated i dont think a annual treatment does much harm...most lofts with a wood based deep litter would have some form of worm issue i would think ,i like to worm annually to stop any worm build up in the birds but also for air sac mite and other bloodsuckers with the use of moxidectin which is not so harsh as some other treatments like fenbenzadole ,hal uses diatamaceous earth which is good stuff and a natural product but very dusty as its fine like talc so no good for my lungs but i do put some under the nest felt its great stuff and food grade and have heard of fanciers using it on the corn to eliminate worms Smile great for mites etc...to Very Happy
I had never heard of diatamaceous earth until Hal mentioned it, it appears it may be used by a number of fanciers, and if it works why not.

I never realy needed anything other than lime and sharpn sand deep litter to keep the outside right and garlic the inside, thought all the commercials rubbish and still do.

Nature, Nature.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 12:13 pm

started cocci treatment today .............feel safer giving as a preventative, as ive rarely had much success with treating ill birds in the past, rarely been able to make then right again . No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canker, Cocci, Worms    Canker, Cocci, Worms  Empty

Back to top Go down

Canker, Cocci, Worms
Page 1 of 1