Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
1st of the year. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
1st of the year. Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
1st of the year. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
1st of the year. Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
1st of the year. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
1st of the year. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
1st of the year. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
1st of the year. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
1st of the year. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) 1st of the year. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 99 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 98 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.1st of the year. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
1st of the year. Vote_lcap1st of the year. Voting_bar1st of the year. Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222597 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
1st of the year. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
1st of the year. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

1st of the year.

Go down 
+4
Knackered
oldstrain
David
halcanada81
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Egg shell on the loft floor. Hatching started.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 3:41 pm

same here hal, went in today, 1st yb hatched ........ Razz Razz flower

more to follow i expect .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 6:07 pm

blimey you 2 are breeding early....paired new years eve and might have a layer tonight by the looks of it ,6 days Suspect will they be fertile i wonder Basketball good luck lads
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 am

oldstrain wrote:
blimey you 2 are breeding early....paired new years eve and might have a layer tonight by the looks of it ,6 days Suspect will they be fertile i wonder Basketball good luck lads
Shouldn't I suggest Smile Smile be any problems there at 6 days etc O/S Wink Wink as long as the cock has done his duty as intended Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 4:04 pm

Few drops of vegetable oil and sprinkled with yeast on the feed today.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 8:00 pm

6 days Darren seems a bit early but they may be OK wouldn't be the first ones to have fertile eggs under a week , hope everything goes well for both of you hal and Dave and have a good breeding season
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 8:24 pm

markevans wrote:
6 days Darren seems a bit early but they may be OK wouldn't be the first ones to have fertile eggs under a week , hope everything goes well for both of you hal and Dave and have a good breeding season

false alarm mark lol! wont be long though by the looks of it tbh i am glad it was a false alarm as i feel much better with 10 days or at least 8 but so long as they are full that all that matters eh atb
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 8:49 pm

Yes 8/10 day is much better you can be quite sure they will be full or should be full fingers crossed always a bit of a let down when you have clear eggs
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 9:41 pm

markevans wrote:
Yes 8/10 day is much better you can be quite sure they will be full or should be full fingers crossed always a bit of a let down when you have clear eggs
Suspect in some ways etc Mark Smile Smile clear eggs could be more of an issue at times bounce bounce than many would just like to maybe admit too when breeding  Wink  Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 7:07 pm

Lot of mine. younger ones deserted 1st egg because of the cold. Just 2 nests hatched. 1st time I have seen them. Too cold to get the parents off to look.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Woodies driving and nest building.

Think they must know something we do not.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 8:17 pm

The only thing driving round here today was the snow plough. 9" snow in 24 hours.

Putting back pairing up till @4th feb but some of the hens have other ideas and getting fresh with each other so on 100% barley now and fed tight.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 9:02 pm

barniewild wrote:
Putting back pairing up till @4th feb but some of the hens have other ideas and getting fresh with each other so on 100% barley now and fed tight.
Can understand your area is slightly different to ours and you should be keeping snow buntings and not pigeons, but birds and animals usualy have instincts regarding when and when not to breed in the wild.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Great stuff , mine just paired , well most if them . So all to look forward to
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 9:23 pm

peel bros wrote:
Great stuff , mine just paired , well most if them . So all to look forward to
Smile Smile Hope so Ray Wink Wink fingers been busy here I see lol! lol! lol!. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 7:33 pm

ive a couple need ringing around tuesday, for a local fancier friend of mine ........rest will be paired once the drinking water stops freezing over, i need to add worm mix into water, but no point if its freezing over ...... scratch
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 7:38 pm

David if you worm birds with water based meds this time of year, especially when it's extra cold, they won't drink enough water to take effect mate. They don't take to the taste when mixed in water as it is so need to get enough into them, I do it on the corn. What are you using pal?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:12 pm

If I had ever had worm problems with my pigeons I would have treated them individualy, the only way you can be sure all receive the proper treatment, water a gamble.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:13 pm

im using the easifen wormer colin, in water for one day ........not sure if it can be added to corn, ill need to look
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:16 pm

MISTY wrote:
If I had ever had worm problems with my pigeons I would have treated them individualy, the only way you can be sure all receive the proper treatment, water a gamble.

Regards.

yes thats true enough misty, i did worm via tablet a few years ago, and like you say, i knew every bird had been treated.......only downside was it was time consuming.

60 + pigeons takes too long, much easier to treat in water .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:23 pm

Come on David, gives you a good chance to handle all the pigeons and see any possible problems.

At least 12 hours a  day available under the prevailing circumstances.

Otherwise get some garlic in the water, I never had any health problems once I  
used it constantly and the drinkers needed constant topping up when the pigeons could have had a drink from the pond.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:26 pm

10ml to around 30 birds on the corn David.

Miss a feed one morning so they are hungry p.m. then they're going to eat it all. You can always give them some untreated corn to top them up afterwards.
Get in the shed before it gets daylight with a torch next morning before they start trampling in the droppings and you might be able to see worms if they pass any. You might need to repeat within a set time to break the worms/eggs cycle, instructions will tell you. Get them done and then they're ready to pair when you're ready mate.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 pm

barnie wrote:

Miss a feed one morning so they are hungry p.m. then they're going to eat it all. You can always give them some untreated corn to top them up afterwards.
Get in the shed before it gets daylight with a torch next morning before they start trampling in the droppings and you might be able to see worms if they pass any. You might need to repeat within a set time to break the worms/eggs cycle, instructions will tell you. Get them done and then they're ready to pair when you're ready mate.
Only trouble with that barnie.

Some pigeons will gobble and have more than others.

The only certain way to ensure ALL get the right amount is to treat individualy.

You cannot gaurantee all the feed has the same amount of the treatment either.

Think individual treatment by far the best.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:45 pm

barnie wrote:

the easifen wormer is the best stuff ive ever used colin, usually cant see anything on the day after worming, but on the day after its sometimes been like an explosion in a spaggetti factory.....that was a few years ago, ive done them every year since and usually not as bad.

i think the easifen kills eggs too, i do know its good stuff, its from the pigeon pharma advertised in the BHW
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:46 pm

MISTY wrote:
Come on David, gives you a good chance to handle all the pigeons and see any possible problems.

At least 12 hours a  day available under the prevailing circumstances.

Otherwise get some garlic in the water, I never had any health problems once I  
used it constantly and the drinkers needed constant topping up when the pigeons could have had a drink from the pond.

Regards.

yes true enough misty, gives a chance to check them over etc .......but i just dont have the time to handle over 60 pigeons, and give them all a tablet . No

20 birds, yes ...........60+ no . No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1st of the year. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st of the year.   1st of the year. Empty

Back to top Go down

1st of the year.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next