Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
bean free zone Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
bean free zone Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
bean free zone Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
bean free zone Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
bean free zone Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
bean free zone Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
bean free zone Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
bean free zone Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
bean free zone Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) bean free zone 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 118 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 118 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.bean free zone Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
bean free zone Vote_lcapbean free zone Voting_barbean free zone Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
bean free zone Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
bean free zone Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

bean free zone

Go down 
+3
David
peel bros
barnie
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Haven't paired yet but plan on rearing yb's without beans in the feed. Maples and peas yes, and plenty of other grains but no tic beans. The youngins I brought in last year were reared and weaned bean free and were up in the boxes off the floor, and on the wing in a crack. Pink breasted and no puppy fat. Time will tell Neutral
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 8:28 pm

I don't like beans myself but our barry does . I will persuade him not to use them again ... I like the pellets though
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 8:41 pm

yes i liked using pellets, got to get the feeding right ive found,or they waste a lot when rearing ybs ..........would yours be high protien feed then colin ...?
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 8:57 pm

a general multi grain breeding mix fed in pots in boxes David, 16% protein, plus hopper on floor with maples and few peas mixed. Pigeons can take what they want when they want but lifted off before it gets dark.

bean free zone D04_kw10
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 9:46 pm

Good mix
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 10:00 pm

peel bros wrote:
Good mix
Impressive Smile Smile I would say here etc Wink Wink But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes without actually knowing the protein, fibre/ fat type content in it bounce bounce I'm in some ways confused as of its benefits compared to other type mixes along the same lines Wink Wink which at the end of the day lol! lol! lol! means nothing I suggest Smile Smile if the birds take to it & breed healthy type youngsters, that race. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Most of the time we use breed and wean
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 10:28 pm

nice mix mine is very similar ,a bit of maize but not to much
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 10:50 am

looks nice and colourfull colin, what brand of corn is it ....?
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 11:12 am

yes Barnie, that looks first class for sure. --- How much waste, or forced?

Today, we have so many sites where we can visual the properties of grains, peas, beans etc. What we may have coming instore for our birds.
Many ways - via placing a good mix in front of them for example and see what the go for. Feed more of that today/tomorrow. then will see what they choose  two days later or so... will be very different.
That above is very good looking ... but much, each feed I'd wager is useless as to what the want.
Weather, climate, condition, happy sad etc. ALL take a toll and need a looking too what they are needing. J.M.O.

50% or so Groats all ways for me.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 11:58 am

David wrote:
looks nice and colourfull colin, what brand of corn is it ....?

Paloma breeding mix David
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 11:59 am

Daz wrote:

Today, we have so many sites where we can visual the properties of grains, peas, beans etc. What we may have coming instore for our birds.
Many ways - via placing a good mix in front of them for example and see what the go for. Feed more of that today/tomorrow. then will see what they choose  two days later or so... will be very different.
That above is very good looking ... but much, each feed I'd wager is useless as to what the want.
Weather, climate, condition, happy sad etc. ALL take a toll and need a looking too what they are needing. J.M.O.

yes daz, price and variety of clean grains tempted me
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 9:44 pm

barnie wrote:
Daz wrote:

Smile Smile I could suggest Barnie Smile Smile maybe you forgot the most important part of the equation etc bounce bounce so I will just ask here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes do your bags have a pigeon posted on them lol! lol! lol! as a sign of quality as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm

Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:
Daz wrote:

Smile Smile I could suggest Barnie Smile Smile maybe you forgot the most important part of the equation etc bounce bounce so I will just ask here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes do your bags have a pigeon posted on them lol! lol! lol! as a sign of quality as such Wink Wink. cheers

Yes big pics of pigeons and Belgian writing all over Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 7:36 am

We got a mix , breeding mix the other week in a clear bag and what a fantastic corn it was . Best I have seen for a while. Only got it as our normal one wasn't in
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 9:55 am

beanz meanz heinz and fat ybs who wont get off the ground for weeks Razz glad someone else has noticed Smile
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 5:41 pm

oldstrain wrote:
beanz meanz heinz and fat ybs who wont get off the ground for weeks Razz glad someone else has noticed Smile
One could maybe ask the question etc O/S Smile Smile So what Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes known flyers that keep them in bounce bounce in the early months by preference Very Happy Very Happy & come race day, they still lead the pack as such at times. Condemn beans & peas, like many do now I suggest bounce bounce but has the life of the true long distance type of race pigeon on average, really improved over the years now etc feeding light & when maybe comparing to the old ways of old Wink Wink. End of the day  Very Happy  Very Happy I've seen a boat load of types  Wink  Wink in my time, over the moon with joy  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes dropping a boat load at once on race day in some pissy little 100 mile type race, but they strangely enough for some reason on average are rather silent or go missing totally when the final long races for the season come round  Wink  Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 6:34 pm

I know a few fanciers who have bean there and won far more than those using all the polished mixtures.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Yes you obviously have to add to corn when they go further, widowhood mixes I say will get you if lucky 350 miles then after that it's a different story yes
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Yes I agree beans are heavy for ybs and they do take some getting going, that why I don't like them personally. A good yb mix is good enough
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 9:49 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
One could maybe ask the question etc O/S Smile Smile So what Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes known flyers that keep them in bounce bounce in the early months by preference Very Happy Very Happy & come race day, they still lead the pack as such at times. Condemn beans & peas, like many do now I suggest bounce bounce but has the life of the true long distance type of race pigeon on average, really improved over the years now etc feeding light & when maybe comparing to the old ways of old Wink Wink. End of the day  Very Happy  Very Happy I've seen a boat load of types  Wink  Wink in my time, over the moon with joy  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes dropping a boat load at once on race day in some pissy little 100 mile type race, but they strangely enough for some reason on average are rather silent or go missing totally when the final long races for the season come round  Wink  Wink.  cheers

never said anything about peas oz ...some like the distance others find it a drag personally always liked a 250-400 mile race best but each to his own ,i would suggest some fanciers love p1$$y racing and have it down to a fine art and deserve credit atb
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 10:08 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

never said anything about peas oz ...some like the distance others find it a drag personally always liked a 250-400 mile race best but each to his own ,i would suggest some fanciers love p1$$y racing and have it down to a fine art and deserve credit atb
Very Happy Very Happy just talking in general terms etc O/S I'm affraid as basically peas & beans are as one etc by my way of thinking here bounce bounce Now Very Happy Very Happy as far as the other bit Wink Wink how the hell, someone can just enjoy pigeons dropping like flies in big numbers on average in some short toss type scenario moment, even if it is a race is far beyond my comprehension here sadly,  unfortunately Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 10:12 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Many clubs and feds around here harder to win at 100 miles than 400+ miles.
More fanciers sending, more pigeons, drag, wind, super-motivated pigeons, fanciers on the ball, the list goes on. But that's how it is.

Not all, but a lot of pigeons that score at the distance have only come about because they done nothing sprinting so they are sent to longer races as a last chance or make the numbers up.
Different story with the established distance fanciers, they have the stock and knowledge and generally fly in the many specialist clubs that are springing up constantly. Well known distance fancier Rod Adams, told us at a moot, the easiest race to win is the last channel race, keep yourself a team to one side capable of flying it, don't chance them each week, get them fit, because you'll be racing against a liberation of mostly no-hopers. I think he's right. Still got to get the feeding correct though regardless of distances.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 10:18 am

well some like milers oz some like sprint others middle some long ,i guess the enjoyment is in the husbandry/hobby side of it ...some fanciers think long distance racing is cruel locking a bird up in a basket with 20 others for days on end then have to walk the walk ...especially cock birds hammering eachother so i guess its each to his own eh ,getting back to the bean thing ...what i was referring to is a common trait here of feeding a breeding mix containing ample protein and beans on top ,it gives ybs like tanks that wont fly and get into bad habits and never fly that well even holding the rest of the team back by pulling them down when loft exercising ,each to his own i guess cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 10:52 am

oldstrain wrote:
well some like milers oz some like sprint others middle some long ,i guess the enjoyment is in the husbandry/hobby side of it ...some fanciers think long distance racing is cruel locking a bird up in a basket with 20 others for days on end then have to walk the walk ...especially cock birds hammering eachother so i guess its each to his own eh ,getting back to the bean thing ...what i was referring to is a common trait here of feeding a breeding mix containing ample protein and beans on top ,it gives ybs like tanks that wont fly and get into bad habits and never fly that well even holding the rest of the team back by pulling them down when loft exercising ,each to his own i guess cheers
Very Happy Very Happy true Wink Wink as you say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes each to their own etc O/S Wink Wink. End of the day thou bounce bounce we are in some ways here like politician types on opposite sides of a chamber bounce bounce fighting like hell to impress our side of thinking I suggest Wink Wink but then at the end of the day, then go out & have a drink together like brothers in arms as such for the enjoyment factor. Now  lol!  lol!  lol! won one of those pissy little type races here years ago etc O/S  Smile  Smile 13,500 odd birds in it at the time into a head wind, but it didn't make me change my way of thinking thou I'm affraid  Smile  Smile   cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bean free zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bean free zone   bean free zone Empty

Back to top Go down

bean free zone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next