Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
psyco yearlings Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:36 pm

» Good Morning
psyco yearlings Emptyby David Today at 9:42 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
psyco yearlings Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
psyco yearlings Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:32 am

» PR For Pigeons
psyco yearlings Emptyby David Sun May 26, 2024 8:41 pm

» APHA Forms .......
psyco yearlings Emptyby David Fri May 24, 2024 12:03 pm

» Young Pigeon Fanciers
psyco yearlings Emptyby David Wed May 22, 2024 12:08 am

» King removes Patronage
psyco yearlings Emptyby David Wed May 22, 2024 12:02 am

» come join us
psyco yearlings Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) psyco yearlings 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.psyco yearlings Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
psyco yearlings Vote_lcappsyco yearlings Voting_barpsyco yearlings Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 223007 messages in 14009 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
psyco yearlings Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
psyco yearlings Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

psyco yearlings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 12:27 pm

been putting intended pairs together for a few hours each weekend for about a month now. pair at a time in young bird end and another empty section, sometimes overnight, plenty perches for hen to get away from revved up cocks. All happily messing about feeding and treading, no scalped hens, all seem happy with mates. So today let the hens through into the cocks section, open boxes see how they get on, trial run for pairing next week..
Crazy mad yearling cocks are so protective of their boxes they just knock hell out the hens who are mad keen to get with them, no way will they let them in Mad

Yearling cocks are mad hatters, only one out of the 8 letting hen anywhere near but even he turns psyco now and again and throws her out.

Good sign for racing maybe, racing to box rather than hen?  I'll lock hens in the nest boxes alone overnight see if they wake up tomorrow a bit kinder with each other  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 4:15 pm

barnie wrote:
been putting intended pairs together for a few hours each weekend for about a month now. pair at a time in young bird end and another empty section, sometimes overnight, plenty perches for hen to get away from revved up cocks. All happily messing about feeding and treading, no scalped hens, all seem happy with mates. So today let the hens through into the cocks section, open boxes see how they get on, trial run for pairing next week..
Crazy mad yearling cocks are so protective of their boxes they just knock hell out the hens who are mad keen to get with them, no way will they let them in Mad

Yearling cocks are mad hatters, only one out of the 8 letting hen anywhere near but even he turns psyco now and again and throws her out.

Good sign for racing maybe, racing to box rather than hen?  I'll lock hens in the nest boxes alone overnight see if they wake up tomorrow a bit kinder with each other  Laughing
Can be a bit of a nightmare type scenario at times I found here etc Barnie Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes at breeding time. Some require watching like a hawk I suggest bounce bounce Turn your back for 5 minutes & it could be fatal to some degree with the carnage inflicted by some sex craved type cock Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 4:37 pm

i always put the cock in one side of the box and the hen in the other side, if using the plastic widowhood fronts i put a spare down the middle into the plasic blocks which hold it in place, then they can see each other without the hen getting attacked .

i know you dont need this info colin, your clued up enough already, just saying what i do ......... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 4:45 pm

those type are excellent for that david. tonight I have the cocks shut in the boxes and the hens are roosting on the perch on the front. The hens know exactly where they need to be, keen as mustard, sure they'll wake up a lot friendlier tomorrow. Freezing temps haven't helped today either. hovered around minus 2 all day, colder now.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 4:59 pm

yes been a cold day here too, went out in the car around 10.00am, windows still frozen over ..........been cold all day .

im just leaving mine to it colin, hopefully they will just go to there usual box and to the same hen as last year............if not they can choose their own, doesnt make much difference to me really, with me not racing .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 5:04 pm

barnie wrote:
those type are excellent for that david. tonight I have the cocks shut in the boxes and the hens are roosting on the perch on the front. The hens know exactly where they need to be, keen as mustard, sure they'll wake up a lot friendlier tomorrow. Freezing temps haven't helped today either. hovered around minus 2 all day, colder now.
Smile Smile + 20 here etc Barnie Wink Wink as I speak Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & its not even 4 am as such,  Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:
Smile Smile + 20 here etc Barnie Wink Wink as I speak Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & its not even 4 am as such,  Wink Wink. cheers

We rarely get 20 deg here midday in the summer !!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 6:05 pm

barnie wrote:
Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:

We rarely get 20 deg here midday in the summer !!
Very Happy Very Happy no sense then Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes talking the talk etc Barnie bounce bounce I suggest, about some locals here Wink Wink who will have here shortly  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  3/4 days of 40 + type temperatures etc to enjoy Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 6:20 pm

You give them all the fancy mixtures, mollygoddle them, give them every preventative treatment you can lay your hands on and expect them to behave  themseves ?????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 1:55 am

MISTY wrote:
You give them all the fancy mixtures, mollygoddle them, give them every preventative treatment you can lay your hands on and expect them to behave  themseves ?????.

Regards.
That's true Smile Smile & where, oh where Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad do most of them finish up at the end of it all Misty bounce bounce as fertilizer in the ground on average eventually Wink Wink on a good day  Smile  Smile maybe  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

psyco yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: psyco yearlings   psyco yearlings Empty

Back to top Go down

psyco yearlings
Page 1 of 1