Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) New Nestboxes Fitted Today . 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 89 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Vote_lcapNew Nestboxes Fitted Today . Voting_barNew Nestboxes Fitted Today . Vote_rcap 
David
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Vote_lcapNew Nestboxes Fitted Today . Voting_barNew Nestboxes Fitted Today . Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

New Nestboxes Fitted Today .

Go down 
+4
MISTY
oldstrain
barnie
David
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Empty
PostSubject: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:08 pm

decided to fit the new boxes today, the weather was fine and dry so made a start ........first basketted the pigeons, then removed the box perches then made a start on fitting the nest boxes, all went smoothly, nothing went wrong for a change, and all fitted and birds in without too much upheavel ......

NOT PERFECT, A BIT OUT, BUT THEY WILL DO FOR NOW, CAN ALWAYS ADJUST AT A LATER DATE . lol! lol! lol!

a bit of quabbling but nothing much, so all birds in two sections are now together ....ready for breeding cheers

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Img_1621

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Img_1620

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Img_1622

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Img_1623

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Img_1625

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Img_1624

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Img_1626

New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Img_1627
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:16 pm

10/10 David,  another job out the way. Nice family of pigeons, hope you got them housetrained no sh***ing  allowed on that new plywood Laughing

What's the pigeon in pic 7 with the white spot?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:20 pm

noooooo colin, cant sh*t on the boxes ......... lol! lol! will all have to wear a nappy Razz Razz cheers

yes i can just leave them to it now colin, will just keep an eye on any who arnt paired, but most are pairs who have been togetyher for a few years, so cant see any problems with those .........i do have 3 - 4 pairs who are new, so ill leave them to choose their own mates .

next job decorating the hallway and living room .......... pale pale Crying or Very sad Sad afro
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:23 pm

barnie wrote:
10/10 David,  another job out the way. Nice family of pigeons, hope you got them housetrained no sh***ing  allowed on that new plywood Laughing

the one in the nestbox colin ...? caudwell van reet, in fact they all are in that section, apart from one pair of frans zwol from darren .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:24 pm

all ya need david eh ....well done now it all starts ,do youput a supporting leg at the front of the boxes from the underside to the floor ? maybe not required
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:29 pm

David wrote:
barnie wrote:

the one in the nestbox colin ...? caudwell van reet, in fact they all are in that section, apart from one pair of frans zwol from darren .

Yes that's the one , be on eggs in @10 days all being well, best wishes
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 pm

Should have been a Chippy David, saved being out in the cold not a brickie.

Can now enjoy one of most enjoyable parts of the sport nothing like
breeding and all that it entails.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:10 pm

oldstrain wrote:
all ya need david eh ....well done now it all starts ,do youput a supporting leg at the front of the boxes from the underside to the floor ? maybe not required

no darren, ive a length of 2 x 2 fixed along the back wall, that the boxes rests on, then screwed through into it ...........
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 pm

MISTY wrote:

Regards.

a couple of minor adjustments misty, i`ll do them over the next few days, it will prey on my mind if they arn`t lined up properly .

i remember years ago misty, bricks sticking to my hands when it was freezing .........but it was nice in the summer Very Happy Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:26 pm

David wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.

a couple of minor adjustments misty, i`ll do them over the next few days, it will prey on my mind if they arn`t lined up properly .

i remember years ago misty, bricks sticking to my hands when it was freezing .........but it was nice in the summer Very Happy Very Happy sunny
Balancing type act being a Traddie type in some ways etc I suggest David Smile Smile when considering how the weather effects how one works on the tools & what in the end is enjoyable or not on average I found Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:34 pm

David wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

no darren, ive a length of 2 x 2 fixed along the back wall, that the boxes rests on, then screwed through into it ...........

ah right sorted ...are the 2 zwols paired david
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:54 pm

barnie wrote:

True Smile Smile 10/10, thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes suspect somehow Very Happy Very Happy they are going to working overtime etc bounce bounce filling David's ring issue of 140 rings, if I remember it correctly Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 9:18 pm

They’re better than most of the furniture in my house
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:40 pm

oldstrain wrote:

yes darren, they were paired up last year, but i didnt breed anything off them, one egg rolled out of the box, and they left the other one .........hoping to get a pair off them this year .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:41 pm

Boosey wrote:

lol! lol! pictures make them look better than they are Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:44 pm

Knackered wrote:
Balancing type act being a Traddie type in some ways etc I suggest David Smile Smile when considering how the weather effects how one works on the tools & what in the end is enjoyable or not on average I found Wink Wink. cheers

couldnt beat being rained off knackered, sat in the cabin all day playing cards, still getting paid ............ Razz Razz cheers lol! afro
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 am

David wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

yes darren, they were paired up last year, but i didnt breed anything off them, one egg rolled out of the box, and they left the other one .........hoping to get a pair off them this year .

ah right they should breed some nice ybs that pairing ...goodluck with the breeding david at least its milder now to eh ,was no fun out in that cold snap What a Face lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Boosey wrote:
Appears Boosey Very Happy Very Happy somehow we apparently shop at the same type places etc Wink Wink End of the day thou bounce bounce not all bad I suggest Very Happy Very Happy as it's amazing at times, the joy one can get out off an old type piano when played by the right hands as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 7:41 am

Canny
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 6:32 pm

Boxes look good their dave nice and big enough for two nest pans what fronts you going to put on them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 6:39 pm

markevans wrote:
Boxes look good their dave nice and big enough for two nest pans what fronts you going to put on them

im not putting fronts on them mark, i took all my other fronts off too ......i can scrape out easier and fit 2 bowls if need be, i find it a lot easier without fronts .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 6:58 pm

Makes a lot of sense to me David not having fronts on if you are not racing.

Do not expect any fighting but with fronts many a pigeon has been injured through not being able to get out when an intruder, and it will only take ten minutes to keep them as clean as you want.

Think the less nooks and  cranies the better.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 7:31 pm

yes exactly my thoughts misty, most pairs are kept the same, plus i dont race , so it suits my needs having no fronts .........
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Thought you may have had up and over one's dave help with pairing and out the way when you don't need them that's mine
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:04 pm

i more or less let them pair them selves mark, most are the same pairings evey year ...........any that have bred good ybs are always kept together, but its not a problem the pairs staying together normally .

plus i didnt have time to make up and overs, i needed to get them built and fitted so i could pair up .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Nestboxes Fitted Today .   New Nestboxes Fitted Today . Empty

Back to top Go down

New Nestboxes Fitted Today .
Page 1 of 1