Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Will you be ready ? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» escaped birds return
Will you be ready ? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
Will you be ready ? Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
Will you be ready ? Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
Will you be ready ? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Will you be ready ? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Will you be ready ? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Will you be ready ? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Will you be ready ? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Will you be ready ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 109 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Will you be ready ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Will you be ready ? Vote_lcapWill you be ready ? Voting_barWill you be ready ? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Will you be ready ? Vote_lcapWill you be ready ? Voting_barWill you be ready ? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222592 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Will you be ready ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Will you be ready ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Will you be ready ?

Go down 
+5
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
David
peel bros
9 posters
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Will you be ready ? Empty
PostSubject: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Will you be ready for your first race whenever that may be . Ours is the 17th of April and so far so good for us . All birds going out and nearly all sitting.  So by the look of it ours will ready for their first race . Can't wait as birds looking fantastic now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 7:16 pm

first race monday 12th april from leicester , then sat 17th from rugby ..... clown
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 7:34 pm

had the cocks out first time tonight, was going to wait till next weekend but nice night so opened the let. First time out since end of september but they struck up and done a few laps before dropping, panting a bit. One cock kept at it on his own and went away, dropped in just before dark none the worse. They can go out every other night now, that's the plan anyway. 2 weeks time should see the hens split off so be pushing it for them. They'll have to go out pretty much open hole for a full weekend then couple of days later in the basket, but at the end of the day everything depends on the weather. Got 18 to race anyway, pick the races, just schooling them this year.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 11:29 pm

barnie wrote:
had the cocks out first time tonight, was going to wait till next weekend but nice night so opened the let. First time out since end of september but they struck up and done a few laps before dropping, panting a bit. One cock kept at it on his own and went away, dropped in just before dark none the worse. They can go out every other night now, that's the plan anyway. 2 weeks time should see the hens split off so be pushing it for them. They'll have to go out pretty much open hole for a full weekend then couple of days later in the basket, but at the end of the day everything depends on the weather. Got 18 to race anyway, pick the races, just schooling them this year.
Similar down here Barnie Smile Smile with all my old cocks yesterday etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes fat as pigs some were Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I'm affraid that bad, 2 couldn't even fly up to the landing board & I had to chase them around the yard to catch then after their bath to save them from the local cat brigade Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 7:17 am

Surely more than 3 of us racing?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 8:00 am

Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:
Similar down here Barnie Smile Smile with all my old cocks yesterday etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes fat as pigs some were Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I'm affraid that bad, 2 couldn't even fly up to the landing board & I had to chase them around the yard to catch then after their bath to save them from the local cat brigade Wink Wink. cheers

lol! lol! lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing given the runaround were we oz Laughing
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 11:49 am

yep, 17th we go but still depends on the welsh minister friday, birds been paired for week now, wont let them rear this year as i'm not going to breed many y/b so see how that pans out
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:59 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:

lol! lol! lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing given the runaround were we oz Laughing
lol! lol! lol! could maybe say that etc O/S Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes fast little buggers thou I found here Wink Wink when trying to save them from a cat type meal moment Wink Wink Now, on the racing side bounce bounce all fires up this weekend apparently in a local sense, with an any age series of sprint type races after a total shut down after last year with the corona scenario. Boys down the bottom Wink Wink talking the talk Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as they do, but will not be much interest up the the top end here somehow on average I suspect  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 pm

got the message club will be open for anhour this weekend, taking our club fee`s ........will have to go pay it Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 11:17 pm

David wrote:
got the message club will be open for anhour this weekend, taking our club fee`s ........will have to go pay it Crying or Very sad
Much is done by phone/text these days etc David Smile Smile I suspect/suggest in a pigeon sense sadly. Chook farmer types here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes just recently received one bounce bounce telling them, no more walking in one minute before close time on basket night & they will have to be there an hour earlier now to do their fair share of the basket work as such. One chook farmer here thou Wink Wink because of the stress factor lol! lol! lol! was going to get a personal type visit apparently, instead of a text Smile Smile retired Vet Smile Smile as some were concerned he would maybe somehow have a heart attack when finding out the new rule come race night & the effect it would have on him when basketing his chook type team Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Ours will be ready,  everything is going well at present but that can soon change
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 7:19 pm

had these out 4 times total, cocks and hens together, but not forced out, in fact some just walked on the front and went back in. young birds in nest all 10-14 days old and the cocks are already driving the hens so speeds things up a bit for me. only let them sit 4 days after second egg laid then they get split. Then I got almost a week off work, now everything depends on the weather during the week off. Ideally I want them out twice a day and doing at least 40 mins at the end. Then the baskets will have to come out about 3rd or 4th April and be going twice a day till they do what I need, straight home and through the bobs without messing but no doubt that will go t***s up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 8:31 pm

barnie wrote:
had these out 4 times total, cocks and hens together, but not forced out, in fact some just walked on the front and went back in. young birds in nest all 10-14 days old and the cocks are already driving the hens so speeds things up a bit for me. only let them sit 4 days after second egg laid then they get split. Then I got almost a week off work, now everything depends on the weather during the week off. Ideally I want them out twice a day and doing at least 40 mins at the end. Then the baskets will have to come out about 3rd or 4th April and be going twice a day till they do what I need, straight home and through the bobs without messing but no doubt that will go t***s up Very Happy
Glad you have a plan there in motion etc Barnie Smile Smile just remember thou, maybe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes plans need to be flexible some what I suggest at times Wink Wink bounce bounce with pigeons being pigeons Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 9:38 pm

more about the weather right now knackered, sleet and strong wind coming in this weekend. Too early for me to be taking chances with a small team. Too many wires close by.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 9:07 am

had the lot out this morning, eventually they all went up and done a few laps but the hens are coming into the second cycle so cocks driving and hens really best off in the shed. They'll be out again tonight if the sleet and rain keeps off but any hens standing over the bowls I'll keep in till they've laid up.

Didn't all drop at the loft, some landed on neighbouring roof tops but they haven't been flying for months so I suppose got to make allowances for them. Oldest YB is 14 days and that pair laid 2nd round last night. They don't hang about once breeding starts.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 12:17 pm

Driving is the most fitness exercise they can get. They use every muscle etc. - like we may do swimming lol -
For it is also very important for the hens to get rid of any excess inner fat.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 3:12 pm

Dont think so our first race will be on the 17 of April to cold to train and not paired the race team yet or the stock birds probably wait till the beginning of may to start
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 7:34 pm

started to batch up properly tonight, did about 10 minutes, some cocks struck back up and clapped around. 3 hens messed about on shed roof until it was almost dark I think they were just buying some time away from the frenzied cocks driving them Smile Smile

On edge watching for hawks, although there's a good few crows knocking about in the high trees, supposed to keep hawks away, I'm not convinced, you can never relax this time of year.
Back to top Go down
chuda
Chipping
Chipping
chuda

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 7:52 pm

don't know if mine will be ready as they are just going down on there 1st set of eggs, not paired the stock up yet.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 9:31 am

Well mine, like a lot of old fanciers' aren't out if East in the wind. Let alone trained. Mind cold day with Westerly - like a N. Westerly today is fine.
 Good adage to save many losses, as true today as it's ever been. 'When wind in the East, no good for man or Beast'!

Indeed only ever, like the old fanciers send a cock, or hen first race(s) or so to keep in the averages. I never bothered regards averages though.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 7:31 am

Training starting on the 30th the local trainer said take them my self first couple of times
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 9:56 am

as you know i hung my T3 up after old birds last year but may get back in the game for 2022 with a small yb team and fly south in the bicc and use the club races as training i may just revert to yb racing...enough interest this year though with the one loft ybs and yearling and a kit being flown by a national flyer who kindly offered me a seat to see them arrive he also has some ybs left from last year to race as yearlings so enough to keep me going for 2021...all the very best to you lads for 2021 i hope it pans out well for you all pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 12:56 pm

oldstrain wrote:
as you know i hung my T3 up after old birds last year but may get back in the game for 2022 with a small yb team and fly south in the bicc and use the club races as training i may just revert to yb racing...enough interest this year though with the one loft ybs and yearling and a kit being flown by a national flyer who kindly offered me a seat to see them arrive he also has some ybs left from last year to race as yearlings so enough to keep me going for 2021...all the very best to you lads for 2021 i hope it pans out well for you all pirat pirat

thats what i like to hear darren, i like it when you race, it gives me some interest with me not racing myself, as you always let me know how they do ........... cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:06 pm

I feel Darren that this season - besides uncertainties, will heighten and resolve exactly where you are and want to be.
A season 'Looking In' and missing blessing's and goals ... though you will have a lot of interests 'Looking In'!
It may well be you being very much a 'Hands On' person it will rekindle a flame to race again.
But most importantly you will - in 10 months - resolve exact where you and what you want and desire and be able to do.
Good to see the 'Pigeons bug' is not waning.
Good fancier are few. Workers and helpers far, far fewer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you be ready ?   Will you be ready ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will you be ready ?
Page 1 of 1