Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:20 pm

» Good Morning
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:18 pm

» BHW Subscriptions
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:17 pm

» King removes Patronage
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 55 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Vote_lcapTracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Voting_barTracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Vote_lcapTracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Voting_barTracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222771 messages in 14004 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Tracker Pigeons Route

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
David
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 7:41 pm

oldstrain wrote:
barnie wrote:
Yes the bird nighted out in Lancs and was back at Jeremys loft 9:00am next morning,  give him credit he got straight back with reply, clever stuff that tracker system when you think about it. Notice there were some well fancied well pooled pigeons picked up a tidy sum. Hope some more have made it back Neutral  

another 2 colin 1 yesterday night and one this morning

Hope they're not too far down, they've done well, hearts like lions when you think about it!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 7:52 pm

was thinking the same colin ,another one back to ,would think they be ok with the right TLC and light feed for a few days Suspect
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 9:16 pm

MISTY wrote:
Losses and reasons have been a bone of contention as long as I can remember.

They have sadly got more and more  of a problem and an enigma regarding the reasons.

My opinion has always been dehydration, which can be just as effective in humans regarding loss of ability to perform.

Just because you have water available does not mean the pigeons partake.

Hot humid weather in transportation can make all the pigeons subject to dehydration and water will not  solve it straight away.

If magnetic North or any other suggested reason, sun spots etc; caused the problem through a sudden change then one would think all would be affected  in the same manner and all deviate accordingly, instead of pigeons going  in all directions.

There is of course the possibility of different countries trying out new technology with regard to potential cyber attacks etc; that can affect homing ability.

Raptors are a menace but certainly not responsible for all the losses.

Think the first step, as I have suggested numerous times is to make sure the pigeons are in the same condition when liberated as when put on the transporter because that is the only time it matters.

Regards.
As far as  I am concerned the only pigeons with courage and the ability to defy the odds  were those  timed on the day.

The birds should not have been liberated, no doubt about that, however, it proved  it could be done.

93 as  others flew the whole programme last year, they should have matured during the Winter and the distance involved was just about middle distance which any yearling properly conditioned should return from that distance with no problem.

Instead of making excuses we need answers as to why.

There  is no doubt it was a fiasco.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 2:00 am

MISTY wrote:
MISTY wrote:
Losses and reasons have been a bone of contention as long as I can remember.

They have sadly got more and more  of a problem and an enigma regarding the reasons.

My opinion has always been dehydration, which can be just as effective in humans regarding loss of ability to perform.

Just because you have water available does not mean the pigeons partake.

Hot humid weather in transportation can make all the pigeons subject to dehydration and water will not  solve it straight away.

If magnetic North or any other suggested reason, sun spots etc; caused the problem through a sudden change then one would think all would be affected  in the same manner and all deviate accordingly, instead of pigeons going  in all directions.

There is of course the possibility of different countries trying out new technology with regard to potential cyber attacks etc; that can affect homing ability.

Raptors are a menace but certainly not responsible for all the losses.

Think the first step, as I have suggested numerous times is to make sure the pigeons are in the same condition when liberated as when put on the transporter because that is the only time it matters.

Regards.
As far as  I am concerned the only pigeons with courage and the ability to defy the odds  were those  timed on the day.

The birds should not have been liberated, no doubt about that, however, it proved  it could be done.

93 as  others flew the whole programme last year, they should have matured during the Winter and the distance involved was just about middle distance which any yearling properly conditioned should return from that distance with no problem.

Instead of making excuses we need answers as to why.

There  is no doubt it was a fiasco.

Regards.
I agree etc Smile Smile the poor pigeons should never have been liberated as such Misty Wink Wink But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I would never quite condemn those that didn't make it on the day there. Sometimes I've found, the task set by those that should know better (in a pigeon sense) is just to great on average for our little pigeon warriors to overcome at times. Now Smile Smile maybe one could think back to the black weekend recently you had there, were those pigeons that didn't make it on the day there 2nd rate type birds on average, I suggest not in many/most type cases Wink Wink. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 9:59 am

anything that has made it back to the one loft has ability and is worth its weight in gold ,sorry misty but i think you statement of the only birds having ability were the 3 returnees on the day is at least "bizzare" some of the later arrivals are very brave birds indeed and have ability as weather conditions since the lib have been awful to be fair to them eh Wink for example the second day bird that dropped in at 21.48 at night has to be a brave bird with ability eh but each to his own ideas/thoughts i guess confused
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 10:10 am

Could not agree more Knackered that many top class pigeons  have been lost that is my whole point WHY?.

No attempt is ever made to find out because it suits the commercial  boys to have as many losses as possible and we have a useless RPRA who are back in the 50s and 60s with no intention of making changes or attempting to find solutions. Whoops sorry forgot about the Raptor Alliance, all the posh meetings resulting in the matter getting worse, not to mention the money involved.

Oh and the Hall Report, cost thousands, stated clearly where there should be changes, totally ignored.

For every problem you should attempt to find the cause and then better still a solution.

We have a problem regarding losses, RPRA solution, there are plenty of studs why worry.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 10:15 am

could not agree more regards the raptor alliance ,i mean wtf has it done what gain has it made,absolutely none ...but a nice cushy £30,000 per annum and office,phone at least maybe other benefits to Rolling Eyes and for what return Suspect
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 am

Think you misunderstood my remark oldstrain.

Reality says the only birds to defy the odds and  the courage to do so were those day birds, that does not imply anything regarding those that for one reason or another could not.

That is FACT.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 12:36 pm

yes i do have a tendency to take things at face value/or as written should i say
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 12:41 pm

oldstrain wrote:
could not agree more regards the raptor alliance ,i mean wtf has it done what gain has it made,absolutely none ...but a nice cushy £30,000 per annum and office,phone at least maybe other benefits to Rolling Eyes and for what return Suspect

Got a yearling cock back last night from the earlier race yesterday 2 gaping puncture wounds off talons, half his backwing out on the otherside and feathers out his back. Don't know how he got home, went to drinker and water running right through a hole in his crop. And he can't put weight on one leg, covered in blood again this morning, My first experience of this and turns my stomach. If a team are supposed to be working to address this then doesn't seem to be getting very far.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 12:55 pm

Sorry to hear that barnie, have stitched crops up and cured serious injuries with nearly half the back exposed using germeline, and cotton stitches(spelling ? have some upstairs too idle to check spelling).

One in particular kept as a pet rather than subject her to any further possible such injuries.

Hope it recovers, deserves a medal.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 2:41 pm

barnie wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Got a yearling cock back last night from the earlier race yesterday 2 gaping puncture wounds off talons, half his backwing out on the otherside and feathers out his back. Don't know how he got home, went to drinker and water running right through a hole in his crop. And he can't put weight on one leg, covered in blood again this morning, My first experience of this and turns my stomach. If a team are supposed to be working to address this then doesn't seem to be getting very far.

sickening colin ,hope the poor bird makes a full recovery ,have heard of fanciers using super glue in extreme cases with not detriment to the bird but stitches would be better but of course if yer on yer own the stitching cant be done really ...the raptor alliance is a decade old now i think but done nothing for our feathered freinds eh
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 11:33 pm

barnie wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Cruel at times Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what one must stitch up Colin Wink Wink or glue together type of thing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Utter admiration Very Happy Very Happy is about how I would best sum it all up bounce bounce when some poor thing finds home somehow cut to ribands by the hawks/wires type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 11:41 pm

oldstrain wrote:
barnie wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

sickening colin ,hope the poor bird makes a full recovery ,have heard of fanciers using super glue in extreme cases with not detriment to the bird but stitches would be better but of course if yer on yer own the stitching cant be done really ...the raptor alliance is a decade old now i think but done nothing for our feathered freinds eh
God help Smile Smile a poor pigeon here now etc O/S Wink Wink requiring stitching as such bounce bounce these days Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I can hardly hold a knife & folk to eat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if truth be told.  cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 8:12 am

arthritis oz ? sorry to hear this whatever the problem atb to ya
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 3:03 am

oldstrain wrote:
Arthritis is but a minor player here etc O/S Smile Smile thankfully & please refrain Wink Wink from being sorry for me here with my aliments as such, as many are far, far worse off in a tragic type way if being quite honest. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes that being said thou bounce bounce I'm one step/stage away from Parkinson's decease of sorts. Essential tremor is my bug bare now & I now take a medication called Madopar here, which basically is a Parkinson's type medication. End of the day thou  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes in certain ways I've had 50 odd years here more than I should & will have few regrets fortunately  Very Happy  Very Happy when I finely finish up in a box type structure  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 10:23 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
Arthritis is but a minor player here etc O/S Smile Smile thankfully & please refrain Wink Wink from being sorry for me here with my aliments as such, as many are far, far worse off in a tragic type way if being quite honest. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes that being said thou bounce bounce I'm one step/stage away from Parkinson's decease of sorts. Essential tremor is my bug bare now & I now take a medication called Madopar here, which basically is a Parkinson's type medication. End of the day thou  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes in certain ways I've had 50 odd years here more than I should & will have few regrets fortunately  Very Happy  Very Happy when I finely finish up in a box type structure  Wink  Wink. cheers

your posts and carefree attitude always bring a smile to my face knackered ..........well, nearly always Very Happy Razz cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:05 pm

well thats for sure david our freind in oz always brings a smile with his wit/humour Laughing cheers take care fella alien Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Sorry about your problems Knackered, these things are sent to test us, and when you see the handicapped and the young with no possible solution to their problems even in our twilight  years with all that old age throws at us we have much to be thankful for.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 8:19 pm

After almost 70 years my birds are gone. Could not look after them way I should have. All went free to a friend of mine. His g,daughter loves the whites!
Cat scans, Cataract removal, blood tests etc,. But holding up pretty good.
I do not go to the docs anymore. Every one is a specialist in one body part.
I am pretty sure one doc refers you to another doc. Shares the money. and so on.
Talk about hotdog getting passed around!
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 8:46 pm

halcanada81 wrote:
After almost 70 years my birds are gone. Could not look after them way I should have. All went free to a friend of mine. His g,daughter loves the whites!
I am pretty sure one doc refers you to another  doc. Shares the money. and so on.

Hope things work out fine for you, sorry to hear the birds have gone after so long with them,hope you can still maintain an interest somehow, sounds like you've been putting more miles in than the pigeons, best wishes.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 10:59 pm

sorry to hear this hal, we wondered where you were .........good to hear from you all the same.

even though you wont have your birds, i hope you`ll still come on as normal .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 1:37 am

David wrote:
sorry to hear this hal, we wondered where you were .........good to hear from you all the same.

even though you wont have your birds, i hope you`ll still come on as normal .
Same, same Smile Smile Hal is like our Ray here I suggest David Wink Wink being part of the family type of thing etc Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 1:44 am

MISTY wrote:
Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Sorry about your problems Knackered, these things are sent to test us, and when you see the handicapped and the young with no possible solution to their problems even in our twilight  years with all that old age throws at us we have much to be thankful for.

Regards.

Our children's hospital here Misty Smile Smile is my therapy factor when feeling pity for myself at times in the mirror Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes makes me quickly realize all up, how fortunate I've been in life type of thing Wink Wink.  cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 10:51 am

halcanada81 wrote:
I am pretty sure one doc refers you to another  doc. Shares the money. and so on.
Know the feeling Hal regarding not being able to give our feathered friends the attention they deserve after having them for many decades.

Felt exactly as you do and also gave them away rather than sell them, would be like selling your soul.

As for health issues, just hope you are able to control your problems, we all unfortunately have them as we get older.

Although many complain about our NHS I and my family have nothing but respect and admiration for the attention we have received (free of charge).

Know many would disagree but think there is something better awaiting mankind or everything would have been a waste of time and pointless.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tracker Pigeons Route
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next