Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby Knackered Today at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Tracker Pigeons Route Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Tracker Pigeons Route 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 111 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Tracker Pigeons Route Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Tracker Pigeons Route Vote_lcapTracker Pigeons Route Voting_barTracker Pigeons Route Vote_rcap 
David
Tracker Pigeons Route Vote_lcapTracker Pigeons Route Voting_barTracker Pigeons Route Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Tracker Pigeons Route Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Tracker Pigeons Route Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Tracker Pigeons Route

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
David
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Tracker Pigeons Route Empty
PostSubject: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 4:17 pm

no idea how to read it, but it looks to me like it went the opposite way home, then turned round .......can anyone read it ...?

https://skyleader.com.tw/share/20210630xZrfZo?fbclid=IwAR2K4W4HUiixpwS5rWPKnw6vKxtZZtyuXJ9Gxs5V4UiX_nan1apJyze4VHc
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 4:27 pm

done the same as last time came down the east then got a line for home but early on in the race it seems it went back on itself...peregines in big numbers up there so could have been a strike
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 8:35 pm

is this from the yearling race because I thought the rpra loft was further south?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 9:48 pm

yes as far as i know colin, its on his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=529367844
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 2:29 am

David wrote:
no idea how to read it, but it looks to me like it went the opposite way home, then turned round .......can anyone read it ...?

https://skyleader.com.tw/share/20210630xZrfZo?fbclid=IwAR2K4W4HUiixpwS5rWPKnw6vKxtZZtyuXJ9Gxs5V4UiX_nan1apJyze4VHc
Interesting David Smile Smile I'm glad thou  lol! lol! lol! I've found a sole mate here Very Happy Very Happy as I also was battling to make sense out of the graph side of thing there I'm affraid End of the day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a bit all over the place at the start by my reading bounce bounce but over all not bad by my assessment on average when comparing the same to others I've seen tracked in different type races at times. Now Smile Smile many stories will be told I suspect  somehow with what occurred with the race in the end, but with 3 birds reported now in Ireland apparently bounce bounce that's the tale I will long remember here now I'm affraid unfortunately, when remembering our little champ 93  Smile  Smile & the pleasure she gave me down here  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 9:05 am

yes colin its in malvern worcester about 50/55 miles north of me as a crow flies,dissapointed our 93 never homed at least but i dont blame her i blame the clown who had a brain freeze and liberated at midday 10 mins before he said he was going to call it a day ...at the end of the day its the pigeons i feel for that tracker pigeon is a old bird who has raced north
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 12:03 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yes colin its in malvern worcester about 50/55 miles north of me as a crow flies,dissapointed our 93 never homed at least but i dont blame her i blame the clown who had a brain freeze and liberated at midday 10 mins before he said he was going to call it a day ...at the end of the day its the pigeons i feel for that tracker pigeon is a old bird who has raced north

So it wasn't homing to the yearling loft Darren but to Lancs somewhere?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 12:23 pm

it should of been homing to malvern worcs colin not lancs he put it into an earlier hotspot to with a tracker on
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 12:49 pm

so where was the tracker homing to ...? i`m confused , was it homing to the yearling loft ? if it was homing elsewhere it was completely pointless ....... scratch scratch geek Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 12:57 pm

just looked at the tracker pigeons route again, and read fanciers comments and theories on it , to me its a shambles, the info looks to be altered and interpreted to suit ..........they make it up as they go along .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 2:24 pm

David wrote:
just looked at the tracker pigeons route again, and read fanciers comments and theories on it , to me its a shambles, the info looks to be altered and interpreted to suit ..........they make it up as they go along .

does not look like the route/map i originally saw ,does not matter either way nor does the tracker on a experienced north roader eh
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Just checked the distance from lib to end point and it's only @190 miles straight line so this isn't the tracker pigeon that went with the yearlings is it? Seems pointless if it is, I think it's just a genuine mistake, wrong screenshot been uploaded.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 6:09 pm

maybe colin but just goes to show how in-ept the rpra has become ...honestly what a bunch of clown clown clown
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 6:56 pm

or is it colin, they have purposely put this up to cover up what route the bird really took, hoping the common or garden fancier wouldnt notice ....... Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 3:02 am

oldstrain wrote:
maybe colin but just goes to show how in-ept the rpra has become ...honestly what a bunch of clown clown clown
What an indictment there etc O/S Wink Wink if that is so, sadly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  for your RPRA. To have a bum fight of sorts now bounce bounce over the tracker type pigeon in our race, because simply few understand what exactly went on with it & how Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad& whose pigeon it actually was is shambolic to a degree of the highest order I suggest & certainly deserves a place in a circus environment as you say I suspect  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 6:54 am

Before going further David are we sure this is the right link to the one loft tracker? Where did you get get the info from? Not doubting you but once we're sure of this then I'm happy to approach whoever and ask for an explanation as to the tracker pigeon and it's purpose in the race if it wasn't racing to the one loft base.
Just want to ensure we have the facts right firstly.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 9:53 am

the link was given on jeremy davies face book page colin, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=529367844

jeremy gave a brief description of the route the bird took, but refered readers to richard chambers who must have been involved downloading the info, the link posted for readers to view was

on the graph it shows edzell woods, where i presume the birds were liberated from , take a look on jeremy davies face book colin, to see whats been posted, you will get a better idea maybe .

yes i agree colin, lets get some facts first, i for one have no idea how to read it, and can only figure out the bird didnt go straight home, the jorney seemed pretty erratic .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 10:14 am

the bird was jeremys own raced at malvern/worcs where the one loft is based ,onlything i can think is that the tracker bird went down for the night in lancs as indicated on the map ...that would be the only sense i could make out of it,for me it dont matter either way as the tracker bird is not the pied piper of the one loft is it eh lol! lol! lol! it dont tellus what happened to its 84 buddies pale
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 7:46 pm

Yes the bird nighted out in Lancs and was back at Jeremys loft 9:00am next morning, give him credit he got straight back with reply, clever stuff that tracker system when you think about it. Notice there were some well fancied well pooled pigeons picked up a tidy sum. Hope some more have made it back Neutral
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 8:13 pm

never noticed the pools colin, where`s it say ...?
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 8:34 pm

See if this works.......

Final Result with Pools
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 10:36 pm

yes got it colin, thanks.........yep, some very nice pool money won there study
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 3:41 am

barnie wrote:
Yes the bird nighted out in Lancs and was back at Jeremys loft 9:00am next morning,  give him credit he got straight back with reply, clever stuff that tracker system when you think about it. Notice there were some well fancied well pooled pigeons picked up a tidy sum. Hope some more have made it back Neutral  
Thanks for that bit of news etc Barnie Smile Smile was rather confused  here when I saw it drop in at the time there & noticed that it didn't register in our race apparently. Now  Smile  Smile yes I agree, the tracker movement scenario is really brilliant from my end here also  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes really gives one an insight to how certain pigeons become totally confused & bewildered at times I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 1:15 pm

barnie wrote:
Yes the bird nighted out in Lancs and was back at Jeremys loft 9:00am next morning,  give him credit he got straight back with reply, clever stuff that tracker system when you think about it. Notice there were some well fancied well pooled pigeons picked up a tidy sum. Hope some more have made it back Neutral  

another 2 colin 1 yesterday night and one this morning
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 7:10 pm

Losses and reasons have been a bone of contention as long as I can remember.

They have sadly got more and more  of a problem and an enigma regarding the reasons.

My opinion has always been dehydration, which can be just as effective in humans regarding loss of ability to perform.

Just because you have water available does not mean the pigeons partake.

Hot humid weather in transportation can make all the pigeons subject to dehydration and water will not  solve it straight away.

If magnetic North or any other suggested reason, sun spots etc; caused the problem through a sudden change then one would think all would be affected  in the same manner and all deviate accordingly, instead of pigeons going  in all directions.

There is of course the possibility of different countries trying out new technology with regard to potential cyber attacks etc; that can affect homing ability.

Raptors are a menace but certainly not responsible for all the losses.

Think the first step, as I have suggested numerous times is to make sure the pigeons are in the same condition when liberated as when put on the transporter because that is the only time it matters.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tracker Pigeons Route   Tracker Pigeons Route Empty

Back to top Go down

Tracker Pigeons Route
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next