Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
one show this Wed Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
one show this Wed Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
one show this Wed Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
one show this Wed Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
one show this Wed Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
one show this Wed Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
one show this Wed Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
one show this Wed Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
one show this Wed Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) one show this Wed 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 97 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 96 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.one show this Wed Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
one show this Wed Vote_lcapone show this Wed Voting_barone show this Wed Vote_rcap 
David
one show this Wed Vote_lcapone show this Wed Voting_barone show this Wed Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222597 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
one show this Wed Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
one show this Wed Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

one show this Wed

Go down 
+2
barnie
Daz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 2:49 pm

Wednesday the 14th there is a slot regards pigeons one the 'One Show'. Believe its about the Whitby stray Centre, and the guy that runs it Kyle Douglas. Told it
was filmed today.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 6:28 pm

yes read this else where, hope he gets a chance as no doubt the BBC will be well prepared probably asking some probing questions along the way about big losses during racing and some fanciers not wanting them back. Hope it's a straight forward interview but I just don't trust the BBC Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 12:01 pm

i wonder why colin lol! bbc is all for our bird of prey lover chris peckum eh ,no doubt he will be whispering in corridors although nothing to do with the one show...i wont be watching anyway as have not watched bbc for 2 years now cheers i am not having that drivel rammed down my neck
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 3:38 pm

I know years ago we used  to send some strays to Whitby to be repatriated with  their owners.

Seems  a funny time for the BBC to become involved, maybe due to the coverage the press has given to the high losses encountered recently.

Cannot see the Whitby lads not mentioning the part raptors are playing in the losses, and our other bird species being reduced by the increase in raptors.

However, the BBC will edit to suit.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 4:06 am

MISTY wrote:
I know years ago we used  to send some strays to Whitby to be repatriated with  their owners.

Seems  a funny time for the BBC to become involved, maybe due to the coverage the press has given to the high losses encountered recently.

Cannot see the Whitby lads not mentioning the part raptors are playing in the losses, and our other bird species being reduced by the increase in raptors.

However, the BBC will edit to suit.

Regards.
One thing that's utterly amazed me here etc Misty Smile Smile is the apparent lack, apparently of education sent out for the general public there in a pigeon sense, by those in charge type of thing. We may be just a bunch of convict types down here Wink Wink but for years we have had a community weekly radio show about pigeons & pigeon racing & also have a weekly community TV series here educating the general local public etc on TV about pigeons & pigeon racing, Called Winners & pigeon racing  bounce  bounce which runs for an hour each episode there every week about the many benefits of having & enjoying pigeons as such.   cheers& take care.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 10:40 am

We have in depth coverage of nearly every sport Knackered, other than Pigeon Racing.

None of which have played a major part in wartime saving lives etc;

The Queen is our Patron and also races pigeons.

We have the RPRA running our affairs the most useless set of individuals possible.

Some been  ruining the sport for over 40 odd years.

Village cricket and football get more coverage and can involve only a small number of people.

We have toads running the BBC only interested in Raptors and how good it is,
(yesterdays news)first time falcons have bred on particular a Cathedral, showing shots of the young pigeon gobblers in the nest.

The BBC have a certain Chris Packham who is a raptor fanatic, he fronts a popular programme and uses it constantly to point that raptors need protecting as they are threatened etc; 

The fat cats running  the BBC could not care less, they have their own bank balance to worry about and no doubt their dubious activities.

The whole manner from top to bottom in the manner our sport has been left to rot is  unforgiveable.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 1:06 pm

would agree 99% with your post misty, also i would be cautious as to which way the interview goes, we dont the stray centre fella to be made to look like an idiot, some nut job who keeps pigeons and is waging war on these poor inocent raptors / bops etc .......

one thing i must say is, i doubt very much the queen ever goes into the royal loft and cleans out, feeds them, or even ever sees them ......i reckon its just something passed down to her from previous kings .

i dont really see the need / point in the rpra having the queen as patron, does it benefit us in any way .......?
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 2:17 pm

True Dave, the queen - especially in last 78 years hasn't cleaned out the lofts.
Mind- like her horses - she does know every single detail, according to the Italian sounding name last but one 'Loft Manager'.

He stated the Queen decides on the matings and the races chosen, with his consultation of course. Knew all their' ring numbers and history.

Which I guess she rehearse/studied whilst watching another take the corgis for therir walks and nothing else to think of... No, I believe she is, and has been a very active queen, in more ways than one Rolling Eyes lol Wink
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 2:10 am

Daz wrote:
True Dave, the queen - especially in last 78 years hasn't cleaned out the lofts.
Mind- like her horses - she does know every single detail, according to the Italian sounding name last but one 'Loft Manager'.

He stated the Queen decides on the matings and the races chosen, with his consultation of course. Knew all their' ring numbers and history.

Which I guess she rehearse/studied whilst watching another take the corgis for therir walks and nothing else to think of... No, I believe she is, and has been a very active queen, in more ways than one Rolling Eyes lol Wink
I'm a true Republican type down here etc Daz Smile Smile & think on average Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes most of your royals are just sponger types on your tax payers as such. That being said thou Very Happy Very Happy I do really admire your Queen there for her durability factor & dedication in holding down her job over many, many years so to speak. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 9:00 am

Me, I don't care either way regards the Royals. Feel only immediate family should be pay for by us... they do bring in much needed money from tourists, so deserve a percentage of that!

NOT the cousins and far away relativs and scoungers! The likes of Princess Micheal etc. Let Germany sponsor their own! etc. etc and hangers on. Most filthy rich in own rights and powerful.
Prince Harry's titles etc should be taken away. If he disowns the Royal family and his role... Just whyis it he is allowed to keep his 'Prince Title' etc. any way? If Meegan felt unwanted before, she certainly should be now!

Harry is just the same stamp as his father James Hewitt, a cad and scoundrel.

Last edited by Daz on Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 9:06 am

Daz wrote:
Me, I don't care either way regards the Royals. Feel only immediate family should be pay for by us... they do bring in much needed money from tourists, so deserve a percentage of that!

NOT the cousins and far away relativs and scoungers! The likes of Princess Micheal etc. Let Germany sponsor their own! etc. etc and hangers on. Most filthy rich in own rights and powerful.
Prince Harry's titles etc should be taken away. If he disowns the Royal family and his role... Just whyis it he is allowed to keep his 'Prince Title' etc. any way? If Meegan felt unwanted before, she certainly should be now!

Harry is just the same stamp as his fater James Hewitt, a cad and scoundrel.
Last remark ???? would not bet on the outcome of a blood test.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 9:28 am

Daz wrote:

Harry is just the same stamp as his fater James Hewitt, a cad and scoundrel.

agree on this one daz ,give the hangers on the boot cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:39 pm

Just watched the One Show, no mention of pigeons and a complete waste of time.

Typical BBC.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 1:07 pm

Daz wrote:
Wednesday the 14th there is a slot regards pigeons one the 'One Show'. Believe its about the Whitby stray Centre, and the guy that runs it Kyle Douglas. Told it
was filmed today.
Did anyone actually see this episode?.

I got mixed up with the dates.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 1:23 pm

forgot about it misty, No Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

one show this Wed Empty
PostSubject: Re: one show this Wed   one show this Wed Empty

Back to top Go down

one show this Wed
Page 1 of 1