Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:39 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:37 am

» good luck weekend
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Good Morning
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:03 am

» Weather today
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:00 am

» Scandalous .......
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
BHW Show, Blackpool  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) BHW Show, Blackpool  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 96 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 3 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.BHW Show, Blackpool  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
BHW Show, Blackpool  Vote_lcapBHW Show, Blackpool  Voting_barBHW Show, Blackpool  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
BHW Show, Blackpool  Vote_lcapBHW Show, Blackpool  Voting_barBHW Show, Blackpool  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
BHW Show, Blackpool  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
BHW Show, Blackpool  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

BHW Show, Blackpool

Go down 
+3
MISTY
barnie
David
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

BHW Show, Blackpool  Empty
PostSubject: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 10:41 am

BHW Show, Blackpool  24014910
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 12:29 pm

great idea, keep the fanciers in and around the winter gardens, more footfall for the stall holders who pay an extortionate rate for a trade stand over the weekend. Without stalls there's no show. Thousands drift away from the show area to auction venues by mid day and nothing spent there goes back to the fancy in general.
Looks first class purpose built building, hopefully the start of more major upgrades of the winter gardens which desperately needs sorting.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 3:24 pm

If I read the Balance sheet right, the cost of running the Blackpool Show costs £27,107 (loss).

Think the Chief Execs and the Editors salaries are fair considering what is involved and must include any pension payments which used to be shown seperately.

As with the other staff, no seperate pension payments mentioned and £410,613 appears a rather  large sum considering what is involved.

Would realy like to know just how many actual participating ( in club racing) fanciers there are.

Do not believe the membership as per RPRA fees received represents the decline in memvership,
just add the number off faciers who have joined the loft in the skies, published every week in the BHW, and those who have packed in as indicated in many offers of free pigeons because they have had enough, not to mention clearance sales etc;    

Think it needs a complete overhaul, should have something like a HALL REPORT, only costs  £10,000 and then you can totaly ignore it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Last count 5 years ago was 26... about 5 years before that 34.000.
Late 50's 150.000.

Yet today even we are send many times more birds than they did.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 4:15 pm

yes looks better all round eh colin ,last time i was there i think they were ball room dancing amongst the show pigeons Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Yes Daz, pigeons in those days were healthier and lasted a lot longer, today they breed too many and lose the majority, or sell the duds.

I can remember when many (most) fanciers had a family of their own bred over many years, no swapping and changing.

Breeds are a means of selling, and if truth be known many porkies would be  involved, that is why DNA is now often demanded.

Get a collection of healthy pigeons, breed and select over a period of time and you would end up with the same number of good as using any other method.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 12:06 am

MISTY wrote:
Yes Daz, pigeons in those days were healthier and lasted a lot longer, today they breed too many and lose the majority, or sell the duds.

I can remember when many (most) fanciers had a family of their own bred over many years, no swapping and changing.

Breeds are a means of selling, and if truth be known many porkies would be  involved, that is why DNA is now often demanded.

Get a collection of healthy pigeons, breed and select over a period of time and you would end up with the same number of good as using any other method.

Regards.
Strange world now Misty Smile Smile in a pigeon sense Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one is supposed to have better pigeons, better lofts/feed, better knowledge Wink Wink better transport & Vets on hand 24/7 type of thing, with magic potions Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & we are somehow sadly heading the same way the Titanic finished up I suspect/suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:39 am

pigeon racing is more money orientated knackered, everything is about money .....its not the hobby it once was, certain types are out to make a quick buck ......
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 11:45 am

Yes David.

Too many money mad taking the gullible for a ride.

Typical example.

One clever clogs who said I did not know what I was talking about in the 70s , although all I said has come true has made a fortune selling young and old birds on the auction sites.

If he has half a dozen realy good birds, as with most fanciers he is lucky, but sells off all and sundry, cannot understand anyone buying them.

This goes on all the time, sales based on one or two pigeons performances.

Another thing I think happens, a fancier pays a fortune for new pigeons and then starts to look after them better and gets better results and thinks the pigeons are better but had  he/she looked after the initial ones the same ?????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 11:56 am

Dean pallet said, and it it is virtue truth 'You can't win trying buy success.
Yes, some have tested 'Managers' that do the job etc.

But again, it's the manager, not from a bottle.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 12:03 pm

i went to a show and there was an individual selling products he is very well known in the magazines and product lines ,he was sat there on a stall with wheat germ oil and other oils for sale ...i picked a bottle up and it was warm Shocked he had a heater down by his feet and beneath the oils Shocked i mentioned it but was greeted with ignorance Rolling Eyes anyone for rancid oils cheers now that will turn yer birds eh and you would never know Basketball but the coffers are full so nay bother eh
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 12:10 pm

Like some good fishermen, I know, who get freebies to advertise, but never use.

Graham Heaps, a former world champ, when I worked on the 'Ash Cart' used to have apile of stuff, all broken up and unuseable, to stop any one taking.

I know a few very good flyers, who advertise, but never personally use the wares.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 3:55 pm

MISTY wrote:
If I read the Balance sheet right, the cost of running the Blackpool Show costs £27,107 (loss).

Think the Chief Execs and the Editors salaries are fair considering what is involved and must include any pension payments which used to be shown seperately.

As with the other staff, no seperate pension payments mentioned and £410,613 appears a rather  large sum considering what is involved.

Would realy like to know just how many actual participating ( in club racing) fanciers there are.

Do not believe the membership as per RPRA fees received represents the decline in memvership,
just add the number off faciers who have joined the loft in the skies, published every week in the BHW, and those who have packed in as indicated in many offers of free pigeons because they have had enough, not to mention clearance sales etc;    

Think it needs a complete overhaul, should have something like a HALL REPORT, only costs  £10,000 and then you can totaly ignore it.

Regards.
Just had another look at the balance sheet, gives me a head ache nowa days.

It does show the pension contributions, an amount I have always thought a bit high, £22,774 a year, just how many are employed ?.

In the end it is no good grumbling or  complaining, not their money, so who cares.

Too late me feels to change anything.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 4:14 pm

22,000 is a lotof money misty, either they employ a lot of peopleor they are giving them selves a nice pension .....
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 7:43 pm

I think average employer pension is @ 6% - 10% of employee salary so if maybe 12 full time staff on the books £22K is probably about right . All depends on how many employees rpra employ, I haven't a clue.
The way we are denied state pension till 67 and likely rising to 70 years of age, it's absolutely essential to have a decent employer pension believe me.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 3:19 am

barnie wrote:
I think average employer pension is @ 6% - 10% of employee salary so if maybe 12 full time staff on the books £22K is probably about right . All depends on how many employees rpra employ, I haven't a clue.
The way we are denied state pension till 67 and likely rising to 70 years of age, it's absolutely essential to have a decent employer pension believe me.
One of those must have type of things etc Colin Smile Smile I suggest. Tripe/Bread & dripping Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad may have been OK Wink Wink in the good old days in retirement bounce bounce but not by todays standards on average I suspect  Very Happy  Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 7:09 am

Too right knackered, 55-65 year olds and we're the generation being taken to the cleaners by everyone else.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 10:19 am

barnie wrote:
The way we are denied state pension till 67 and likely rising to 70 years of age, it's absolutely essential to have a decent employer pension believe mThe minimum 
The minimum employers contribution is 3%.

So either there are a lot of employees on some very good pension options or a lot of employees.

I had option  of either Government or private, I was responsible for employees wages etc; 

When the company set  up a private pension sceme I decided on the Government option, and have a pension above many private ones, not to mention that many private ones including the one entered had problems.

The draw back to the Government one is you cannot have a lump sum, you have to live long enough to get any benifit.

I have been drawing mine for over 21 years, doubt if many pension pots have that amount in.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 11:21 am

Hopefully RPRA is responsible towards it's employees and pays well above the miserly 3% option otherwise it's staff are going to find themselves on the breadline at retirement age. That's if they live long enough to draw a pension. Pensions bone of contention with me at the moment.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 7:55 pm

Agree with your sentiments barnie.

Problem is, money does not grow on trees ( good job too they are cutting  them all down round here) so to give everyone a living pension is not a simple matter.

Swapping and changing jobs is one problem.

Another problem is people are living longer and if they have not overall paid into, or their employer has not paid into, a fund to cover all eventualities you have problems.

The pensions some Government employees receive is scandelous  even payments when they leave a job is scanadalous but  the public let them get away with it.

The present set up I agree needs and leaves much to be desired wish I had an answer.

But you are right it stinks.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm

hoiw is it, those who do the easiest jobs get to retire early, yet the people who do the hardest jobs haveto work for years longer .......politicians and police retire early with nice big pensions.

also public servants retire early, why ?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 1:46 am

David wrote:
hoiw is it, those who do the easiest jobs get to retire early, yet the people who do the hardest jobs haveto work for years longer .......politicians and police retire early with nice big pensions.

also public servants retire early, why ?
Smile Smile They say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes they work harder etc David Wink Wink in their view. Brickie or a Plumber Very Happy Very Happy easy street type of thing WinkWink  cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:58 am

always been the same david the harder you work the less thought of you are
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 9:35 am

A willing horse springs to mind.

Could scream when reading some of the pay offs desk wallies get, even when they leave under a cloud.

Think what happens they all have something unsavoury on each other and pay for silence.

We need a bit of Shira Law for a while, a few heads would roll.

Cannot begin to think what some religions, although I think they are misled think of our present society.

Every direct Government body I feel is full of corruption from top to bottom, police, MPS, Civil servants of all descriptions been allowed through apathy to forge a means of takng advantage of us peasants.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 10:51 am

Can't wait for Blackpool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BHW Show, Blackpool    BHW Show, Blackpool  Empty

Back to top Go down

BHW Show, Blackpool
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next