Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
On the cheap Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
On the cheap Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
On the cheap Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
On the cheap Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
On the cheap Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
On the cheap Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
On the cheap Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
On the cheap Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
On the cheap Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) On the cheap 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.On the cheap Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
On the cheap Vote_lcapOn the cheap Voting_barOn the cheap Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
On the cheap Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
On the cheap Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

On the cheap

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 10:05 am

More than 5,000 new homes in flood-risk areas of England have been granted planning permission so far this year, as local authorities try to tackle the housing shortage.

Researchers analysing 16,000 planning applications lodged between January and September discovered about 200 had been approved, for a total of 5,283 new homes, in areas where more than 10% of homes were already at significant risk of flooding.

Insurers said they were concerned about the numbers of homes being built where owners were at risk of experiencing “traumatic and devastating losses”.And stuff the buyers.

Won't get any insurance for a fact. Cheap grit to hold back the floods... soon sacking rotts and  flooding again.
That is why we have - or used to 'Flood plains'.
Land bought for a pittance of costs.... But house will cost the going rate, that's for sure.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/more-than-5000-homes-in-england-approved-to-be-built-in-flood-zones/ar-AAQYW06?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 12:00 pm

happening allover the uk daz, building on flood planes or building on land where they alter the water table, thing is the water / rain has to go somewhere, so it causes more flooding ........the builders / planners/ council and government will accept no liability, so the house buyers and locals are the ones to suffer as usual , while the ones behind the scenes get richer .......

all the time immigrants are flooding into the country, hence we need more houses for them ........yet the government do nothing and have an open door policy, everyone is welcome .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 2:06 pm

Yes David, and a more annoying matter, they come over in canoes and think they should and often do get housing provided straight away, not to mention food and everything else whilst thousands of our own are homeless and desperate.

I think we should help anyone who is genuinely in danger, however, a more reasonable solution should be found in doing so.

As for housing and where.

If far less second homes were allowed and 90% fewer detached properties with large gardens built and have only affordable homes built then matters may improve.

The best plots around here have far  too many expensive detached properties when several affordable ones could have been built, although choose which way you look around here properties are going up at a fair rate of knots, problem, many will be bought as holiday homes or to let in the summer and only used part of the year.

We have had our fair share of building on flood prone land in the past and even now there have been concerns about some of the projects but money I feel will be the deciding factor.

Should the world survive the climate change, maybe tents will solve the problem.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Daz wrote:
More than 5,000 new homes in flood-risk areas of England have been granted planning permission so far this year, as local authorities try to tackle the housing shortage.

Researchers analysing 16,000 planning applications lodged between January and September discovered about 200 had been approved, for a total of 5,283 new homes, in areas where more than 10% of homes were already at significant risk of flooding.

Insurers said they were concerned about the numbers of homes being built where owners were at risk of experiencing “traumatic and devastating losses”.And stuff the buyers.

Won't get any insurance for a fact. Cheap grit to hold back the floods... soon sacking rotts and  flooding again.
That is why we have - or used to 'Flood plains'.
Land bought for a pittance of costs.... But house will cost the going rate, that's for sure.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/more-than-5000-homes-in-england-approved-to-be-built-in-flood-zones/ar-AAQYW06?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ
Head line news down here last night etc Daz Smile Smile I'm affraid Thought to myself Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Oh, to live in England type of thing Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 7:58 pm

David wrote:
happening allover the uk daz, building on flood planes or building on land where they alter the water table, thing is the water / rain has to go somewhere, so it causes more flooding ........the builders / planners/ council and government will accept no liability, so the house buyers and locals are the ones to suffer as usual , while the ones behind the scenes get richer .......

all the time immigrants are flooding into the country, hence we need more houses for them ........yet the government do nothing and have an open door policy, everyone is welcome .
You Smile Smile put the welcome mat out there etc David Wink Wink apparently, so what do you expect now bounce bounce with your new influx of immigrants as such. Me being me Wink Wink I would just bring out my generous nature lol! lol! lol! I'm  affraid & send the whole damn lot of them there now to your Falkland islands type of thing, to bath in the sun factor there for the sheer pleasure & enjoyment  Wink  Wink End of the day  Smile  Smile one could maybe suggest, if one doesn't control ones borders  bounce  bounce unfortunately, one really is incapable, of maybe  controlling or being in control anything of value etc  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 10:30 pm

most people did not put out the welcome mat knackered, we were never asked .........as usual the government pleased them selves .

the brexit vote was an anti immigrant vote ..........
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 10:29 am

Tis hard to get ones head round the whole world situation regarding residential qualifications.

Tis pure chance where one is born.

Over the years man has moved from place to place often, and more than not, to the detriment of the original natives.

Most countries residents have ultimately been the result of conflicts.

Afraid to say that religeons, multiple, have played in many cases a major role.

One would think that eventualy all those of differing views would seperate and live in different parts of the world, and to a certain extent that is what has hapened.

Problem???? 

No nation has, or ever will, find a system of Government that will satisfy the majority for any length of time, so it reaches a point of conflict within to the extent that some are so disadvantaged that you get civil war and those wanting to find pastures anew will look towards the best opportunity.

ONE GUESS WHO THEY CHOOSE.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 10:48 am

boy am i glad i live on a hill top ...used to live on a salt marsh the buildings were ruined in 20 years all the reinforcing of the concrete panels eroded ,errrrrrm who's idea was it to mix sodium with cheap and nasty steel  Suspect ££££££££ cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 11:16 am

Daz on hills, one can still get back floodings. But A. Adifferent sort, and B. not so bad - usually.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 pm

never had it daz ,mind we are 2 miles up ...sympathise with those that do the damp in my childhood house was awful they all been renovated now my sister still lives there
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 12:44 am

oldstrain wrote:
never had it daz ,mind we are 2 miles up ...sympathise with those that do the damp in my childhood house was awful they all been renovated now my sister still lives there
Same, same Wink Wink only way I would ever get flooded out here etc O/S bounce bounce was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if the fire hydrant at our front door here on the nature strip, somehow spat the dummy type of thing Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 am

David wrote:
most people did not put out the welcome mat knackered, we were never asked .........as usual the government pleased them selves .

the brexit vote was an anti immigrant vote ..........
I'm Smile Smile thankfully, what I'm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes here David Wink Wink thanks to our immigration factor etc. Greatest thing in my mind  bounce  bounce this country of mine ever did type of thing. That being said thou Very Happy Very Happy local black fellas not happy Wink Wink but they are only about 3% of the population now bounce bounce & most of them on average still sadly spend their time, pissed to their eyeballs somewhere sitting on a river bank Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I suspect & thinking of the good old days Wink Wink back when. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 9:44 am

yes knackered thats the thing, they took drink / alcohol to the abo`s and corrupted them, while they took their country ......same as they did with the red indians in usa.

same as they are doing here in the uk, they created drug addiction and alcoholics, while white people will become a minority well within the next 100 years .......
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 5:51 pm

David wrote:
yes knackered thats the thing, they took drink / alcohol to the abo`s and corrupted them, while they took their country ......same as they did with the red indians in usa.

same as they are doing here in the uk, they created drug addiction and alcoholics, while white people will become a minority well within the next 100 years .......
Interesting scenario, that one etc David Smile Smile white people Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes define as such Very Happy Very Happy maybe, as I've never actually  lol!  lol!  lol! seen that many in my time here Wink Wink Now lol! lol! lol! don't blame me here for the local, locals being piss head types bounce bounce that was more your doing there I suggest  Smile  Smile & well before my time I'm  affraid fortunately, when you sent a little midget type down here by the name of Cook, the crook  Wink  Wink back when Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Now, how do I know you may ask Smile Smile I actually know he was a midget type guy (your, Cook) because I've actually seen his house here in the local park Very Happy Very Happy & I sadly couldn't even fit through his front door type of thing Wink Wink. cheers
***** Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 6:59 pm

David wrote:

Drugs and drink David.

Drugs said to be worth many millions imported every year, not to mention home grown, recently a billion pounds worth seized at sea heading here.

Now all these must be being used.

Common sense tells you that millions of people must be drug users and from all walks of life.

It is also know that they can send  you into Clouded Cuckoo Land.

Perhaps a good idea would be to test all politicians because most are certainly off their rocker.

As for drink doubt if any politician is tee total, many seem under the infuence at 
PMs QuestionTime, or fast asleep.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 7:11 pm

ive lived round this area since i was 3 months old misty, and when i was a kid growing up there was no drugs .......the most exciting thing we did was to have a drink of cider or a cig, even as a teenager there was no drugs locally, people had to travel to another area to buy cannabis off the Jamaicans, who were responsible to bringing it into the country, but in later years home grown cannabis was much better and more profitable ......nowadays the drugs are much worse, heroin, cocaine, crack etc etc mainly imported by the pakistani community ..........yet the government allow it to happen, as it means a great number of people are oblivious to what they are up to behind the scenes.

as for drink, i see men and women walking down the street at any time of the day with a can in their hands, what has this country become .........a nation of addicts who care not what it going on.

if our government wanted to stop the drink and drugs abuse they could, just look at what the Taliban are doing to stop the drug problem .......and we say they are the ban ones scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 10:09 am

Believe me David, if the Teliban ever got over here, there would be little worry about drug taking, or anything else.

Do not agree with their ideas of how to deal with that which they abhor but would be a far better society in many ways. 

As it is ours is going from disaster to beyond recall.

I blame Borris.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 12:22 pm

it was on the tv news a few nights ago misty, taliban rounded up all the adicts, shaved their heads, de flea`d them and put them all in a camp with food and water......they had no choice but to come off the drugs.

might seem harsh to some, but what a better country it will be without drug addicts, its like when a lot of addicts go into prison in the uk, they come out clean, only to hang around with the same crowd again and get back on them.....then again some go into prison clean and come out addicts scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm

They must be getting soft David, I thought it was the heads they chopped off.

Regrads.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 6:57 pm

only westerners allegedly misty ..........our own government should do this here in the uk, instead of providing methadone for the rest of their lives, which still makes them reliant of substances ........
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 9:13 pm

David wrote:
it was on the tv news a few nights ago misty, taliban rounded up all the adicts, shaved their heads, de flea`d them and put them all in a camp with food and water......they had no choice but to come off the drugs.

might seem harsh to some, but what a better country it will be without drug addicts, its like when a lot of addicts go into prison in the uk, they come out clean, only to hang around with the same crowd again and get back on them.....then again some go into prison clean and come out addicts scratch scratch
Watched a show here last night on TV etc about the drug lord types Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Big banks, corruption, money laundering, gold exchange for tainted drug money & the like with the money trail from the drug war lord types involved there. Banks Wink Wink apparently Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes totally oblivious Smile Smile to the mega millions/billions getting the clean factor when washed clean going through their system of banking for their share holder types. Went to bed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad not knowing bounce bounce who actually the biggest crooks were. The BANKS Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes or the drug lords types, type of thing  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On the cheap Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the cheap   On the cheap Empty

Back to top Go down

On the cheap
Page 1 of 1