Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» Weather today
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Good Morning
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» APHA Forms .......
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
balloons on loft floor Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) balloons on loft floor 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.balloons on loft floor Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
balloons on loft floor Vote_lcapballoons on loft floor Voting_barballoons on loft floor Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
balloons on loft floor Vote_lcapballoons on loft floor Voting_barballoons on loft floor Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222873 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
balloons on loft floor Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
balloons on loft floor Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

balloons on loft floor

Go down 
+2
MISTY
George & Morgan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

balloons on loft floor Empty
PostSubject: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:12 am

on facebook fancier said he puts balloons on the loft floor when he moves the ybs over says birds get used to them and become very tame when you enter the loft asked if it would work with old birds he said yes will give it a go lol
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:39 am

Can think of far better ways of having tame pigeons.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:40 am

i found some breeds tame better than others
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 11:13 am

ive heard of using balloons on the floor to stop hens pairing up, but its a new one to me to make them tame.......ive always used either redskin peanuts or simply sat in with them and got to know them, also not grabbing them all the time .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 11:23 am

the problem i had David loft was too big
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 11:28 am

George & Morgan wrote:
the problem i had David loft was too big

ah right, yes george it doesnt help does it ..........some say small sections are better for being in close contact with the birds therefore calmer, and easier for basketting etc
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 1:50 pm

Get a grandchild or younger kid sitting in amongst them when they're first parted, then as much as possible, just messing about with the scraper or sweeping brush, filling drinkers and dropping a bit corn here and there. Once the babies get used they'll climb all over them looking for feed. I think we tend to tiptoe around with slow movements, not to scare them, but kids don't care they just clatter around the place and the babies quickly get used to the chaos and become very tame.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 10:06 pm

some of mine fly onto me in the loft, and some dont, but they arnt bothered by me in the loft, they arnt scared or on edge ......i dont seem to have any wild birds or one that is always on edge and wild .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 10:10 pm

mine come about David because loft was too big
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 11:27 am

yes ive heard this before george, other fanciers have said the same thing ....my biggest section is 7.5 ft x 7.5 ft square with 16 nest boxes in .......they seem pretty settled in there, none are wild.

i could really do with more space as this recent loft is only 14 ft x 7.5 ft, i did consider an L shape extension but it would take up too much of the garden, so my other plan is go upwards to a second floor, but with the cost of materials at the moment i cant justify doing it .

although its like everything else, once the price goes up, it never comes back down .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 2:39 pm

a former club member used to have a radio playing in the loft, i also notice mark caudwell does too ........i presume its to make the birds relaxed and tame Smile
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 2:55 pm

can't buy balloons any were David
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 3:22 pm

asda george .......
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 9:21 pm

smaller sections does encourage tamer birds but they all come round in the end eh Wink apart from the odd nutter
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 12:28 am

oldstrain wrote:
smaller sections does encourage tamer birds but they all come round in the end eh Wink apart from the odd nutter
Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! nutter types Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I seem somehow to have a loft full of those types here now these days etc O/S Smile Smile Perfect loft/section for me thou bounce bounce is one, where one stands in the middle in general & is able to simply touch all four walls there by hand as such without effort.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: balloons on loft floor   balloons on loft floor Empty

Back to top Go down

balloons on loft floor
Page 1 of 1