Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Vote_lcapRPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Voting_barRPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Vote_lcapRPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Voting_barRPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway

Go down 
+2
MISTY
David
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Empty
PostSubject: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 9:52 am

Jeremy Davies
·
The birds have been liberated at East Prawle at 08:45 into sunshine going into a moderate head wind birds cleared in one group online.
I would say 12 noon to 12:15 for the winning birds.
Loft cameras will be online around 11:30.
Best of luck to one and all.
Jeremy..
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 12:18 pm

Royal Pigeon Racing Association
21 m ·
The live YouTube feed from the loft, awaiting the arrival of the One Loft Young Birds from East Prawle

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 1:08 pm

Just tuned in when saw post regarding race.

Put it on and within a couple of minutes three dropped in, a blue hit the board first and was happy to see it also trap first through the ETS, which is not always the case.

Do not know if they were the first birds back.

What I did notice some of the ETs entrances appeared less open than others several pigeons had to go from one to another to activate the ETS.

Saw one pair come back together with the cock obviously paired up and drving.

THose I saw returned looked in good nick.

Regrds.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm

MISTY wrote:

Put it on and within a couple of minutes three dropped in, a blue hit the board first and was happy to see it also trap first through the ETS, which is not always the case.

What I did notice some of the ETs entrances appeared less open than others several pigeons had to go from one to another to activate the ETS.

Regrds.

In a bit of a quandary here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm affraid etc Misty Smile Smile hour wasted type of thing bounce bounce do I just Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad maybe even, just lol! lol! lol! or perhaps just end it all now Very Happy Very Happy & simple jump off a cliff to end my pain factor. 10% home there in the first hour it appears Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Down here Smile Smile we would be calling a Royal commission for the legal eagles to hopefully maybe find out what's actually gone wrong again in paradise there as such, on what first appears to be a beautiful type day for a race Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 2:35 pm

MISTY wrote:

Regrds.

Disregard my last post he Misty Wink Wink another 14 home etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes after 2 hours there now. Bones tell me here  Smile Smile lights will be on long after dark there maybe somehow, I suspect. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 3:40 pm

David wrote:

Royal Pigeon Racing Association
21 m  ·
The live YouTube feed from the loft, awaiting the arrival of the One Loft Young Birds from East Prawle

Somehow David Smile Smile I suspect with 78 birds home now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad after 3 hours today etc bounce bounce over crowding is now not going to be an issue as such  Wink Wink End of the day thou Very Happy Very Happy have a feeling here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Jeremy may just be feeling like Putin now I suspect. cheers alien flower afro
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 4:38 pm

Begining to think along the lines of the white faced well dressed kids of the so callee ilite who are pampered and given everything but the kitchen sink but are the most sickly kids around Knackerd, no playing and getting rough and dirty no real tests of life in general and usualy end up behind a desk being useless at life in general.

Dressed up they look the part BUT.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 8:38 pm

1/3 rd of the birds are home around 150 of them and 300 on the tiles somewhere,absolutely crazy releasing ybs this time of year down on the coast...peregine alley all along that coastline pale and the only liberation in the country today let alone down in devon / cornwall ...why are they racing so late in the year it should all be done and dusted,same old every year eh ...poor birds are getting hammered
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 8:48 pm

maybe racing the yearlings should stop
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 3:39 pm

i think they should stop the lot its clearly not working is it ,it would seem they make it up as they go along,nobody said they would be racing south until all the money was in Wink last year they took away a hotspot and yet had 20 tosses at 5 miles Razz i would say its a farce ...as i said all along they would be better racing with an organisation ,they could still basket up on there own wagon ,the year they raced with a north road organisation they had a really good year but the rpra have got greedy and have doubled the entries ,and the yearlings are no better eh ...sorry to be so negative but its true
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 4:31 pm

spot on darren, i totally agree, its all about the money, they care nothing for the birds and the risks they run during racing or training........it is a complete farce.

weve entered the one loft for quite a few years in the past, and really glad we finally put a stop to entering ,yes it was something for those of us who do not race our selves, but when you consider the welfare of the birds and how things are run, i think we did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 4:36 pm

Problem is some fanciers or syndicates not racing but with a few quid behind them are happy to enter multiple one-lofts, a bit like spread betting.
Then it's fingers crossed pay day comes up, no interest in the birds as individuals and don't seem phased by how well or badly things go but just looking for £££££

Better off buying a few lottery tickets each week.

Some of the smaller lofts might be better run, not sure, not much interest to be honest without ourselves entered this year.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 7:13 pm

i did enjoy entering colin, i wont deny it ....but the rpra just went down hill, and continued to do so year after year without making any attempts to make it any better .
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 11:03 pm

yes we did the right thing giving it a miss this time
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 5:12 am

barnie wrote:
yes we did the right thing giving it a miss this time
Sad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but true etc Colin Smile Smile I'm affraid Problem with the race in question bounce bounce & the like I suggest, is we actually know now the general outcome in the end bounce bounce on average, before the birds even enter the lofts each year at the start Wink Wink Final race coming up shortly under discussion  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad from wherever & nearly half of the birds there in the race will maybe have had a night out in recent times I suspect from 130 odd miles or less. Whole set up there is & has been a disaster exercise (train wreck) sadly in general terms lately from my perspective.  That being said thou  lol!  lol!  lol! if they maybe somehow just gave me 2 free entries next year  Very Happy  Very Happy my views here could possible change  Wink  Wink maybe  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes.  cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 8:21 am

the only good point if there is one in the auction you can see the performance of each bird and how it done in the hot spots and final
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 9:48 am

There is no way in such races every pigeon can be given an equal chance of survival and participation in every event.

No one can be certain of the pigeons health state without handling and observation.

With so many pigeons many may go to even the ridiculous short tosses when they should be isolated and treated.

Flock treatment may help some and be dertrimental to many.

A couple of hours lounging about the loft and then fastened in for 80% of the time is detrimental rather than helpful.

Think maybe a lot of squabling may go on in the loft over perches etc; and an unhappy bunny finds a new home.

In the end, you know what is involved regarding results you do not know how the pigeons are treated so you either take a chance or say no thanks.

For me, I enjoyed the participation but not neither the overall results nor the treatment of the pigeons.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 10:00 am

but it is nice to get a bird from the final and all the bad days forgotten
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 6:16 pm

one thing for sure, if a bird has been to all hot spots and the finaland still there at the end, it must be a decent enough pigeon .......one thats tried .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 6:21 pm

my thoughts exactly David
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 11:27 am

David wrote:
one thing for sure, if a bird has been to all hot spots and the finaland still there at the end, it must be a decent enough pigeon .......one thats tried .
Smile Smile Perhaps Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the question one should simply maybe ask oneself etc David Very Happy Very Happy does one want homers or racing types as such Wink Wink In the years I've been following the race in question bounce bounce I've found few there I'm  affraid on average,  that actually fit the latter scenario from my perspective here unfortunately. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 pm

the loft were i got my olr bird from doe's very well in olr last year he enter 2 and won best 2 bird  average  so do olr birds breed better olr birds

Last edited by George & Morgan on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 12:23 pm

yes thats a point knackered, homers or racers .....but i think luck plays a very big part in how the pigeons perform in one loft races, judging by how they trap and how they return id compare it to throwing a handful of darts at a dart board, one of them will stick .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 12:37 pm

David wrote:
yes thats a point knackered, homers or racers .....but i think luck plays a very big part in how the pigeons perform in one loft races, judging by how they trap and how they return id compare it to throwing a handful of darts at a dart board, one of them will stick .
Luck Very Happy Very Happy you say  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Could I suggest maybe David Wink Wink there are a hell of a lot bounce bounce of unlucky type pigeons Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad that somehow  I'm  affraid simply find their way into the races in question as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 2:03 pm

the thing thats getting forgotten here is that its not about the auction its about people paying £125 per bird for a fiasco,i dont think you can rely on the results to portray a decent bird generally ,most are indeed homers its a lottery the racing and the auction cheers too many silly tosses for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway   RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway Empty

Back to top Go down

RPRA Hot Spot 4 Underway
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next