Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Today at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) York Road Flying Club - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 42 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Vote_lcapYork Road Flying Club - Page 3 Voting_barYork Road Flying Club - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Vote_lcapYork Road Flying Club - Page 3 Voting_barYork Road Flying Club - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

York Road Flying Club

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 11:42 am

MISTY wrote:
David wrote:
yes it is george, they have been members for a year or two and have flown consistently , wining the odd 1st now and then .

yes its good to see healthy competition and different members wining .

Seems a good competetive club, nice to see these days.

Wonder how the actual returns were.

Well gone the winner.

Regards...

Nearly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as big as some feds I've seen on display here at times type thing Misty Wink Wink in the results page on that popular forum most know here. End of the day Smile Smile well done all etc. Now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad my report card here lol! lol! lol! for my big come back moment as such Very Happy Very Happy work to be done type thing Wink Wink but then, even back when Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes more times than not I finished nearer last than first as such at the start bounce bounce End of the day 14/20 local flyers like me sent 300 odd birds here to our first race & didn't even get one fed spot type thing, because of the wind factor. Now a bit of useless information, a follow on to the sponsor type scenario as such mentioned earlier. Found out Very Happy Very Happy & only God knows why I suspect Smile Smile but another sponsor for my club here is a Tattoo parlour apparently Wink Wink which allowed me in a strange type way I suspect to put my up front payment up for the Fed season as required of 400 odd dollars & the race secretary say bounce bounce on basket night, put it all back in your wallet Smile Smile as we are paying the lot for you now to our Fed as a welcome back type gesture Wink Wink Final note  Very Happy  Very Happy club secretary rang just before  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes sussing out my returns I suspect in certain ways. Mentioned in passing figures like 12,9,& 6 for his nearest neighbours & I spoilt the moment somehow when I said 2  Smile  Smile for virtually the same amount of birds between us we all sent to our 1st race in my club of around a 100 odd miles.  cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 12:13 pm

many years ago there was a club there was no joining fee and birds was free in races it had it's club and the bar was a public bar so it made enough money it also took it's members to Belgium to a famous market each member was given £100 and if you didn't go you got £200 the club was called Lagan valley rpc and was in the Ulster fed could still be going to-day not sure
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 12:21 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
many years ago there was a club there was no joining fee and birds was free in races it had it's club and the bar was a public bar so it made enough money it also took it's members to Belgium to a famous market each member was given £100 and if you didn't go you got £200 the club was called Lagan valley rpc  and was in the Ulster fed could still be going to-day not sure
Public bar here Smile Smile is free for the piss pot types George Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I drank lol! lol! lol! & had that much pizza on basket night here (all free) I thought I had somehow gone to heaven type thing Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 3:49 pm

Knackered wrote:
George & Morgan wrote:
many years ago there was a club there was no joining fee and birds was free in races it had it's club and the bar was a public bar so it made enough money it also took it's members to Belgium to a famous market each member was given £100 and if you didn't go you got £200 the club was called Lagan valley rpc  and was in the Ulster fed could still be going to-day not sure
Public bar here Smile Smile is free for the piss pot types George Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I drank lol! lol! lol! & had that much pizza on basket night here (all free) I thought I had somehow gone to heaven type thing Wink Wink. cheers

Never ever touch the stuff, seen too many problems caused by drink in our sport.

Better to have a bad start, then there is only upwards and onwards, win and only the very possibility it will be your last.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 10:41 pm

Sounds some cub does that George, I bet there is t many like that....it sounds a club who look after there members and everything isn’t about money, it’s for the pleasure of the hobby
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 11:47 am

8 members sent 59 birds 214 miles to brighton 24/6/23, liberated in a west wind turning to south west .

1st ......Mr & Mrs Andrew Llewellyn, sent 4 velocity 1509

2nd .......Mr K Bryan & Son, sent 9 velocity 1458

3rd ...... Mr & Mrs Andrew Llewellyn, velocity 1440

4th ....... Mr & Mrs Andrew Llewellyn, velocity 1428

5th ........ Mr J Walker, sent 2 velocity 213

well done those in the results
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 12:17 pm

well done all were numbers down in your club David i could read this result
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 12:21 pm

yes george, not many went this week, only just over 400 went in the leeds amal ....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 3:31 pm

Yes, well done to all concerned, good job some are willing to have a go.

Numbers very disappointing.

Sign of the times.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 9:12 am

a fancier in another local club to me who usually takes the top 15 places only sent 41 birds this week, out of 80 birds sent in the club ...... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 10:21 am

David wrote:
a fancier in another local club to me who usually takes the top 15 places only sent 41 birds this week, out of 80 birds sent in the club ...... Razz Razz
Past the point Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes of calling that a club David Smile Smile I'm affraid Rather an embarrassing scenario situation there from my point of view here. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 10:34 am

past the local allotements yesterday, i remembered when they were full of mainly pigeon fanciers and a couple of greyhound racers, twas a long time ago .......if im right there is one pigeon fancier on there now.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 10:49 am

some clubs have only one fancier now David
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 11:16 am

George & Morgan wrote:
some clubs have only one fancier now David
What's Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the world coming too now George Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad in a pigeon type sense. Shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances from my perspective here I'm affraid End of the day apparently  Wink  Wink these days a lot of phantom type pigeon flyers  bounce  bounce holding clubs together now it appears maybe for some perhaps selfish unknown reason. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 11:44 am

life has changed george, but not always for the best ......young people do not get into pigeons any more they prefer computers, drink or drugs.

british culture is all but destroyed .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 2:10 pm

i think there is another reason David those at the top table in a club would rather see the club fold than merge if that is the right word with other clubs
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 11:41 am

10 members sent 80 birds 149 miles to bovingdon, liberated in a strong west wind .

1st ......Mr & Mrs D Reed sent 22, velocity 1334

2nd ...... Mr & Mrs Andrew Llewellyn sent 9, velocity 1309

3rd ...... Mr & Mrs D Reed, velocity 1307

4th ...... Mr Albert Brown sent 18, velocity 1302

5th ....... Mr & Mrs D Reed, velocity 1297

well done all in the results
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 11:44 am

well done all must check fed here
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 4:29 pm

Yes, good to see some results and well done to the winners.

How ever those in the hunt sent 49 of the entries of 80.with 10 fanciers competing. ?.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 4:40 pm

normally would see fed result 11-00 am Sunday 4-30 and still not on waiting for few more club results would be the reason maybe no member timed
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 1:22 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
normally would see fed result 11-00 am Sunday 4-30 and still not on  waiting for few more club results would be the reason maybe no member timed  
Bit old school George Smile Smile there maybe could I suggest bounce bounce in this day & age. Provisional type result here for all feds, spat out while at the centres/clubs for pull over on race day here type thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 9:44 am

Our last old bird race this weekend, next week the young bird racing starts ....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 10:08 am

David wrote:
Our last old bird race this weekend, next week the young bird racing starts ....

Does not seem two minutes before we were saying it will be soon racing time and it is now nearly half over.

Time flies, pity about the OL birds who have not cottoned on yet.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm

yes its gone fast hasnt it misty, doesnt seem two minutes since the season started.....after tomorrow 8 more yb races then thats the 2023 season over .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 9:50 am

Bad weather at Guernsey not for to liberated, rain and storms on route ......update at 10 am
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: York Road Flying Club   York Road Flying Club - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

York Road Flying Club
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next