Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:04 am

» Weather today
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:01 am

» RPRA Partnerships
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Vote_lcapTips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Voting_barTips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Vote_rcap 
David
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Vote_lcapTips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Voting_barTips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222811 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Empty
PostSubject: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 9:32 pm

have known john murray for many years, i know he has done pretty well in one loft races.........just found this on youtube while i was looking for something else.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 9:34 pm

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 9:36 pm

a longer video this one, but i found it very interesting and he gives info on his one loft racing ....and his birds performances .

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 8:52 am

very good David they don't seem to me be a family more birds that have been raced
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 9:13 am

i like how he knows what every bird is in his loft, what they are bred off, what they have bred/won them selves .....john murray is one of the very few pigeon men i know in person that i would take advise off, most talk shit .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 10:22 am

the problem i have David i bought some birds that had been raced and other birds do you take his advice and move them on because they don't have narrow end wing flights i don't think so but will take a closer look at the birds
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 11:15 am

George & Morgan wrote:
the problem i have David i bought some birds that had been raced and other birds do you take his advice and move them on because they don't have narrow end wing flights i don't think so but will take a closer look at the birds  

You only have to look at all the best performance pigeons ever to know there is NO
standard, they come in all shapes and sizes relative to every physical aspect.

A fancier finds method that suits him/her and it works, another adppts a completely different method and does the same.

The basket tells you all you need to know.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 5:21 pm

yes i 100% agree there misty, fanciers should do what works for them and their pigeons, just because one man likes a certain type of wing or a certain "breed" of bird doesnt mean we have to think the same way as them .

if my birds dont meet the criteria another fanciers do, doesnt mean im going to get rid of my birds.......

i always like to listen to fanciers, then make my mind up on what i want to do when i ive weighed up the pros and cons of what would work best fr me and my birds .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 6:29 pm

when i selected ours it was on constitution coupled with siblings results ,if they cannot hack the immunity side of things then send what ya want but they will end up falling by the wayside and they will be found out sooner or later so constitution is very important
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 6:31 pm

This is where I'd go if I was solely interested in breeding one loft pigeons: they are all bred off top performers or breeders of top performers in the big one loft races, South Africa, Tenerife, Portugal  and won't break the bank either.

CLICK Masserella
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 6:43 pm

the problem i have is they pair a champion to a non raced bird i was gifted birds this loft went from Northern Ireland to buy just one bird from the father
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 7:40 pm

you can borrow the cock who bred 3rd ace for the forum if ya want george ,you can borrow for as long as you want but no fancy ped just a honest bird who did well racing himself to he raced out to perth on the NR and was 9th amalgamation flying an extra 110 miles than the other organisation involved ,i think it was a derby fed or similar he is lefebre dhaenen and carries the old stichelbaut lines
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 7:42 pm

barnie wrote:
This is where I'd go if I was solely interested in breeding one loft pigeons: they are all bred off top performers or breeders of top performers in the big one loft races, South Africa, Tenerife, Portugal  and won't break the bank either.

CLICK Masserella

yes colin you will certainly get the constitution aspect and more doing this Wink as ever colin go to top of the class study Smile
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 8:20 am

If I had a stock loft and aviary I'd be keen to try a couple of pairs of Masserella one -loft Darrren, swap them around for a few rounds, race the youngsters see how they came on the dodgy days we get frequently now. Couple in breeder buyers see how other fanciers did with them. But they could be the base for a strong family, maybe just homers not racers as often happens in one loft racing.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 9:07 am

chap i know has been very successful at rpra winning one year best 2 bird average and £5000 next year i was able to get one of his birds from rpra olr auction it said cock bird so he sent me a hen free with 2x2nds 2x3rds and a 4 th racing as a yb the cock from rpra was clearly a hen so had 2 hens from him he races NR and his birds are short body this year i bred of the rpra hen paired to a cock that has been raced the ybs are much slimmer than mine but do handle very well i have 2 at olr and 2 out for club racing for me now i want just to breed of raced birds unless i'm sure the unraced one is from but still at least one of the pair has to have been raced
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 10:27 am

A lot depends on the treatment the OL pigeons receive.

A healthy pigeon can be ruined and a poor pigeon improved.

The vast majority of today's pigeons have very little natural immunity, you only have to see the use the so called experts make of vets, never heard of years ago when pigeons won races into almost their teens.

Expensive sick pigeons have been kept alive by medication where in nature they would have gone to the loft in the sky.

Would be VERY INYERESTING to follow EVERY stage in the RPRA OL.

Feeding, any flock treatments, any individual treatments, culling etc;

No one only the very few involved know the full story of any OL race.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 1:45 pm

one thing i did notice about john going through the birds and telling us how they perform/breed, is that he pays a lot of attention to how they handle and the wing...he doesnt really pay a lot of attention to the birds eyes .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing   Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for choosing pigeons for one loft racing
Page 1 of 1