Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
multi-grains mixtures Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) multi-grains mixtures 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 105 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 105 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.multi-grains mixtures Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
multi-grains mixtures Vote_lcapmulti-grains mixtures Voting_barmulti-grains mixtures Vote_rcap 
David
multi-grains mixtures Vote_lcapmulti-grains mixtures Voting_barmulti-grains mixtures Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
multi-grains mixtures Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
multi-grains mixtures Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

multi-grains mixtures

Go down 
+2
MISTY
barnie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

multi-grains mixtures Empty
PostSubject: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 7:59 pm

Im feeding whats left over from racing mixed with a few handfuls of mixed canary seed and farm barley, I guess up to around 20 different grains at the moment.
Strange how some pigeons go straight for peas, others maize, some go direct to the small stuff, all different. But one thing they all have in common is leaving the barley to last. Many fanciers rave about how good a grain that barley is for our birds but mine are telling me differently, voting with their beaks Laughing
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 8:34 pm

Never fed barley, always the same mix year round, do not think it matters what ever grain is used as long as it has the nutrients for the job asked.

Some successful fanciers say the only grain they use in winter is barley.

Some feed nothing but beans all year round.

More none sense talked about food to line the pockets of the polishing and posh bags brigade than anything else.

Pigeons were flying from Rome when only farm beans, wheat, barley and dog tooth maize etc were available warts and all, losses few in racing and most fanciers had their own BREED.

Time to start polishing corn is when you see the healthy wild birds that fly thousands of miles doing it.

Until then just use common sense.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 8:37 pm

thr mix i buy has small seeds in it they just don't eat them
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 5:02 am

George & Morgan wrote:
thr mix i buy has small seeds in it they just don't eat them
Always said here Smile Smile if one wishes to simply finish up in the nut house bounce bounce spent your lifetime looking for that magic type mix in a pigeon sense  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Magic mixes are simply Spin/Bling for the most part from my perspective I'm affraid by those out to fleece the unwary. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 10:39 am

What I'm meaning is if barley is so good for the pigeons why do they not eat it first? They aren't interested in it unless hungry.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 11:28 am

barnie wrote:
What I'm meaning is if barley is so good for the pigeons why do they not eat it first? They aren't interested in it unless hungry.

barnie, if you had the choice of food that included all that you liked and one that you were not keen on ?.

I think barley is not as good to eat as most grains it is husky nothing to do with the
potential energy value etc;

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 4:25 pm

good plump barley is hard to get hold of ,i remember years ago a oldhand gave me 20kg of barley and it was golden in colour and very plump and have not seen the like since ...todays barley is all husk basically absolute rubbish ...malting barley or brewers barley is said to be good for the early races but i always fed a mix from start to finish of the race season and added fats as the season progressed in distance .
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 8:11 pm

on this now till eggs hatch next season, once a day about 1:30pm until they're full then another handful for good measure

multi-grains mixtures 39377110

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 10:52 pm

whats that mix then colin, your own or a shop bought one .....?
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyFri Oct 20, 2023 8:43 am

my own David, mainly left over YB racing mix, bit of barley/depurative that I had left over, added a bag of mixed peas, couple handfuls of canary seed, then some cheap rice and porridge oats from the supermarket. They're thick in the moult right now but seem fine to me, not that I see much of them. dark when I leave for work and only 30 mins before dark once I get home.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures EmptyFri Oct 20, 2023 12:41 pm

Knew a successful old time fancier who gave rice prior to basketing for a race, just brought it to mind.

Think the mixture I used all year round had everything in it but the kitchen sink.

Never tried to analyse it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: multi-grains mixtures   multi-grains mixtures Empty

Back to top Go down

multi-grains mixtures
Page 1 of 1