Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:04 pm

» Weather today
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby David Today at 11:40 am

» APHA Forms .......
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby David Today at 11:38 am

» Good Morning
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby David Today at 11:36 am

» come join us
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Vote_lcapRPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Voting_barRPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Vote_lcapRPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Voting_barRPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222862 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA Oneloft Auction Started

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 9:03 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
families now days don't want to be sitting around  waiting on pigeons till dark  

Too many families do not want to do anything George, just sponge off the state.

The real pigeon fanciers would wait till after dark under certain circumstances that is what the sport is all about, I would wait until the last pigeon had a chance to arrive, straight from doing my duty regarding results, back to the loft, if a favourite had a bad day would be as pleased to see it back as my first bird.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 9:10 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
families now days don't want to be sitting around  waiting on pigeons till dark  
Smile Smile Few families Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes race pigeons down here etc George Wink Wink it's, more a man against man type thing Wink Wink especially when talking distance races bounce bounce & besides Very Happy Very Happy what greater pleasure can a man have as such, than see his birds drop on dark after 12/13 hours on the wing or even early next morning type thing when few birds find their way into a clock by pull over time. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2023 7:48 pm

Just had a ramble through auctions world wide.

America in particular have bids into four figures on many pigeons and other countries similar.

Elimar and other sites here are not getting many bids and then only basic ones.

Think many are loosing faith in the sport here.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2023 7:58 pm

i dont think many want to buy older birds misty, lets face it most are the crap fanciers want rid of at the end of the season ......
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 2:02 pm

David wrote:
i dont think many want to buy older birds misty, lets face it most are the crap fanciers want rid of at the end of the season ......

Agree David about many in that category but one or too I think genuinely offer the goods to help finance their sport.

Thinking of prices paid for pigeons, I think many fanciers are daft, then I look back and think what I paid for some stock birds first time round.

In the sixties  paid £75 to £100 and odd for some, would not like to  think what that would relate to now.

Regards

Do not believe it looked up the value of £100 in 1970 to todays value £1907.63

I must have been mad.

But at least everyone I bought bred winners. other than two I gave one away and culled the other within days of purchasing them.

Having said that got more than a million pounds worth of enjoyment would do the same again, tis only money.

Friend just rang small job to do on the car then OK but cannot do it today going in early tomorrow and having it here by 9.15, at the doctors at 9.45 for blood tests, they have more of my blood than I have.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 5:56 pm

yes misty some ofg the prices fanciers are paying for pigeons is crazy, i think the most ive ever paid for a pigeon is £100. and even if the bird has previously won or bred winners it doesnt mean they will do the same again .

glad to hear its something minor for the mot misty ..... cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 7:05 pm

David wrote:
yes misty some ofg the prices fanciers are paying for pigeons is crazy, i think the most ive ever paid for a pigeon is £100. and even if the bird has previously won or bred winners it doesnt mean they will do the same again .

glad to hear its something minor for the mot misty ..... cheers

Yes the old girl has another year at least David.

As for price of pigeons the last time I saw the RPRA auction the winner had a bid of £5,300..

Cannot find out now.

Maybe in the BHW this week.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 9:05 pm

its just crazy, how can someone justify spending over £5,000 on a pigeon, especially when the win was only in one loft racing ...... thats even more crazy
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 10:40 am

David wrote:
its just crazy, how can someone justify spending over £5,000 on a pigeon, especially when the win was only in one loft racing ...... thats even more crazy

It is crazy David.

More so when I would wager that if all those back from the final were put in a race the next week it would not be first back.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 10:43 am

not sure if it was the olr i bought the 3rd bird in but there were about 13 birds land to-gather
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 10:59 am

im sure one of the one lofts used to send the birds racing along with a local club/fed birds ......... seems familiar but could be wrong.

if so it would give a better result and more meaningful winner ....... (if it won)
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 11:01 am

rpra went with north London fed in the final think many years ago
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 1:52 pm

i think it would give a better idea of how the winner races in actual real life racing .......
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 1:55 pm

it did David only 2 birds on the day winner was hours in front
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 3:25 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
it did David only 2 birds on the day winner was hours in front

Appears from that, that the OL pigeons are not as well looked after as the run of the mill fanciers taking it that only a fanciers best are sent to OLs.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 3:27 pm

are they fed enough misty
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 3:31 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
are they fed enough  misty

IN all fairness George cannot see so many pigeons being able to get a fair feed every time thy are fed collectively, an impossibility.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 4:26 pm

If I had to look after so many pigeons they would be hopper fed, not hungry all the time as a means of control, and use a treat as a means of control.

My pigeons were never hungry if they know the food is their they will not over eat.

But be your best mate for a pea nut.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 4:44 pm

i cant cope with over 25 young birds......... i cant seem to get control over them trapping, i dont know how some fanciers do it scratch
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 4:59 pm

David wrote:
i cant cope with over 25 young birds......... i cant seem to get control over them trapping, i dont know how some fanciers do it scratch
😊😊

I had a different set up, open loft young and old together.

Only time the loft was closed was on race day, no problem trapping.

Never trained other than on the odd occasion when we were going a good distance
on the North Road, Redcar the first race point, South Road Hull 40 miles.

Vast difference to them fastened up 20 hours a day.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 7:38 pm

Had a look round the auctions and offers at the Massarella stud.

Appears fanciers are buying the offers ready for the breeding season, stuck for a while but now many bought.

The Elimar auction does not look too good, not long to go and many with no bids
on them.

Hope the result of the RPRA OL auction is in the BHW this week will be interesting.

Think one of todays problems is fanciers swapping and changing their pigeons instead of sorting out the good from the rubbish they have.

Regards,

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 pm

they do misty they keep the good and sell the rubbish
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 8:09 pm

[quote="George & Morgan"]they do misty they keep the good and sell the rubbish[/quote

Yes George and then buy someone else's rubbish to try.

Merry go round.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 8:09 pm

ive often suspected foul play with some of these one loft birds, in fact we have been very suspicious a few times especially the mnfc the year we bought our own bird back ..
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 8:14 pm

was in that one he was the biggest conman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Auction Started    RPRA Oneloft Auction Started  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RPRA Oneloft Auction Started
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next