Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
greens for them Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:25 am

» Weather today
greens for them Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
greens for them Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
greens for them Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
greens for them Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
greens for them Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
greens for them Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
greens for them Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
greens for them Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) greens for them 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 84 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 84 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.greens for them Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
greens for them Vote_lcapgreens for them Voting_bargreens for them Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222734 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
greens for them Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
greens for them Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

greens for them

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: greens for them   greens for them EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 11:26 am

do you give the birds greens? I've been giving them spinach and they demolish it, cheap enough from supermarket. tried lettuce, carrot other stuff but they don't look at it, love the spinach though. Lidl and Aldi do bags of leaves cheap as can be.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 11:49 am

water cress Colin they love it
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 11:56 am

barnie wrote:
do you give the birds greens? I've been giving them spinach and they demolish it, cheap enough from supermarket. tried lettuce, carrot other stuff but they don't look at it, love the spinach though. Lidl and Aldi do bags of leaves cheap as can be.

Only greens I ever gave them was watercress straight from stream near the loft when on Oliver's Mount, water from same stream, when moved to home after vandals ruined the loft and stole all the pigeons, never bothered again and just used garlic every day in the water, but have no idea what they picked up all day having open loft, they had the chance to drink from the pond but I had to top the garlic water containers every day, or change them.

Woodies eat greens in the Winter and never seen an ill one.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 10:31 am

yes same as you colin spinach and watercress ,watercress was given to ybs day of basketing i would buy the stuff in the containers and lodge them inside a small clay pot and all would be eaten just stumps left ,the cress holds water was my reasoning to give to ybs day before basketing ...dont know if it helped but it made me feel i was doing all i could lol! study lettuce was hit and miss and carrot was a non starter as they just messed about with it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 6:50 pm

anyone heard of giving birds rice before basketing, and syringing water down the beak ...supposed to stop them getting de hydrated during the race ..... scratch study
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 7:06 pm

David wrote:
anyone heard of giving birds rice before basketing, and syringing water down the beak ...supposed to stop them getting de hydrated during the race ..... scratch study

Not the syringing bit but already said I new fanciers who fed rice before the race
and then gave them water, think anyone using a syring should not keep pigeons or any other animal.

Disgusting.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 7:12 pm

lol! lol! i used a syringe last year to clean a birds crop out misty, it had sour crop so i turned it upside down and massages all the crap out of its crop, then syringed bicarb i think it was, mixed with water to clean the crop out, seemed to do the trick .

i think it was bi carb im not sure, but it was a mix it did to clean it out .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 8:06 pm

David wrote:
lol! lol!  i used a syringe last year to clean a birds crop out misty, it had sour crop so i turned it upside down and massages all the crap out of its crop, then syringed bicarb i think it was, mixed with water to clean the crop out, seemed to do the trick .

i think it was bi carb im not sure, but it was a mix it did to clean it out .

Big difference in medication and dealing with illness David as opposed to subjecting a pigeon to forced feeding water.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 11:15 pm

yes thats true misty, ive found my birds are better just giving food and fresh water daily, plus grit, pink and black minerals with vitamins in the water twice a week .....gone are the days i pay for expensive products with a picture of a pigeon on the bottle ........
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 10:07 am

David wrote:
yes thats true misty, ive found my birds are better just giving food and fresh water daily, plus grit, pink and black minerals with vitamins in the water twice a week .....gone are the days i pay for expensive products with a picture of a pigeon on the bottle ........

Grit and minerals basic requirements David, never gave any other of the commercial boys products.

Think you will find all that they have done is put elements in basic feed into posh containers.

As far as I am concerned garlic is the best long term benefit for good health in the pigeons and as cheap as chips ( sorry they have gone up now) or as one top fancier does grow your own. (was in the BHW not too long ago).

Roman soldiers had to have a clove a day and they were tough blighters.

Think experience outdoes theories.

The OLs are an example of pigeons from many different backgrounds dealing with all being (hopefully) treated the same.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

greens for them Empty
PostSubject: Re: greens for them   greens for them Empty

Back to top Go down

greens for them
Page 1 of 1