Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:39 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:37 am

» good luck weekend
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Good Morning
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:03 am

» Weather today
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:00 am

» Scandalous .......
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
overnight and multiple nights basket Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) overnight and multiple nights basket 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 99 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 97 Guests :: 3 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.overnight and multiple nights basket Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
overnight and multiple nights basket Vote_lcapovernight and multiple nights basket Voting_barovernight and multiple nights basket Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
overnight and multiple nights basket Vote_lcapovernight and multiple nights basket Voting_barovernight and multiple nights basket Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
overnight and multiple nights basket Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
overnight and multiple nights basket Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

overnight and multiple nights basket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

overnight and multiple nights basket Empty
PostSubject: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 6:18 pm

HI,
I have seen in many schedules that for saturday race, basket on Friday and sometimes on Thursday. So my assumption is multiple night basket is only for Fed races where transport needs to load pigeons from multiple clubs, also to mitigate doping effect for money races or it is to reach liberation site a day prior to give pigeons rest ? why and under what circumstances multiple night basket is needed or suggested
after one of recent bad race of 650KM/400 miles , some fanciers started arguing that rest for the pigeons was not optimal . we sent our van by 9AM. they stayed multiple time for watering. at 4Pm they serve them feed and water. they reached at liberation site by 11Pm (water again) and liberated pigeon on 7Am next morning. I think that much rest is not bad.. my opinion about bad race is temperature. it was mostly 31c (dry ) throughout the track no tail wind support Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 9:03 pm

I think they need an extra day rest over about 270 miles depending on when they get to the liberation site. Our transporters leave thursday about 5pm for a saturday race at 270 miles but rarely have to face the heat your birds race in. I can't see many good races at 400miles in extreme heat and no help with wind, I think you're right Tanz
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 11:28 pm

when we raced from scotland they would basket on a wednesday for a saturday race for 400 mile + races ,they would arrive at racepoint at least 24 hours before liberation.whenever it was hot or humid conditions it was always a very hard race with very few birds on the day but there were always a few ,even the perth and berwick racepoints were like this from 350,300 miles if it was hot/humid :pale:nice to hear from you tanveer Smile
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 am

tanveerhbaig wrote:
HI,
I have seen in many schedules that for saturday race, basket on Friday and sometimes on Thursday. So my assumption is multiple night basket is only for Fed races where transport needs to load pigeons from multiple clubs, also to mitigate doping effect for money races or it is to reach liberation site a day prior to give pigeons rest ? why and under what circumstances multiple night basket is needed or suggested
after one of recent bad race of 650KM/400 miles , some fanciers started arguing that rest for the pigeons was not optimal . we sent our van by 9AM. they stayed multiple time for watering. at 4Pm they serve them feed and water. they reached at liberation site by 11Pm (water again) and liberated pigeon on 7Am next morning. I think that much rest is not bad.. my opinion about bad race is temperature. it was mostly 31c (dry ) throughout the track no tail wind support Sad
Some say Tanveer Smile Smile certain folk are sadly dumb some what Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm  affraid & full of excuses etc after a bad type race, where as, more times than not the pain is more self inflicted to a degree from my general experience of 60 odd years here. We all experience hard races at different times, that's just the way things happen I'm affraid in a pigeon sense for us peasant folk in general. Now Very Happy Very Happy for your moaner brigade there Wink Wink could I perhaps suggest maybe bounce bounce they go have a wee talk with Dr Umar who clocked 9 pigeons out of the 39 clocked I believe in the recent bad race we are discussing here if I'm correct with my thinking process & I'm quite sure if they did  Wink  Wink they would learn something worth learning I suspect of a worthful type nature there. Now Very Happy Very Happy Van, that could mean many things here Tanveer from my perspective, good bad or indifferent as such. Our birds here go away also in a van of sorts, a $100,000 type Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if not 2  Smile  Smile with the most up to date ventilation going around for the pigeons on board there & also modern day roads here for the journey there & back at our 400 odd mile points. Normal to basket on a Thursday night & liberate Saturday down here at 400 odd miles, unless heat comes into the equation at times like you there apparently, then we look at all options available even if it means bounce bounce taking them off the line of flight 100 odd miles any which way to perhaps maybe find a cooler liberation site if possible. cheers
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 8:20 am

Dr umar is flying from another group . they raced 12 days before us and in these 12 days temperature raised around 8 degree Sad

here is the link for our race
https://mypigeons.benzing.live/pk/en/results/on-the-fly/r-133-final-race-rrpc-sadiqabad-650km/by-pigeons/

Knackered wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:
HI,
Some say Tanveer Smile Smile certain folk are sadly dumb some what Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm  affraid & full of excuses etc after a bad type race, where as, more times than not the pain is more self inflicted to a degree from my general experience of 60 odd years here. We all experience hard races at different times, that's just the way things happen I'm affraid in a pigeon sense for us peasant folk in general. Now Very Happy Very Happy for your moaner brigade there Wink Wink could I perhaps suggest maybe bounce bounce they go have a wee talk with Dr Umar who clocked 9 pigeons out of the 39 clocked I believe in the recent bad race we are discussing here if I'm correct with my thinking process & I'm quite sure if they did  Wink  Wink they would learn something worth learning I suspect of a worthful type nature there. Now Very Happy Very Happy Van, that could mean many things here Tanveer from my perspective, good bad or indifferent as such. Our birds here go away also in a van of sorts, a $100,000 type Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if not 2  Smile  Smile with the most up to date ventilation going around for the pigeons on board there & also modern day roads here for the journey there & back at our 400 odd mile points. Normal to basket on a Thursday night & liberate Saturday down here at 400 odd miles, unless heat comes into the equation at times like you there apparently, then we look at all options available even if it means bounce bounce taking them off the line of flight 100 odd miles any which way to perhaps maybe find a cooler liberation site if possible. cheers
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 8:26 am

Thank you Darren.
we had tried early basketing before and found no benefit. I still think that more days in basket means more stress. If we reach 10-12 hrs before liberation at spot, that may be more than enough. So lets see next year now, as team quite motivated to do things differently next year cheers cheers . I think it happens after every bad race Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

oldstrain wrote:
when we raced from scotland they would basket on a wednesday for a saturday race for 400 mile + races ,they would arrive at racepoint at least 24 hours before liberation.whenever it was hot or humid conditions it was always a very hard race with very few birds on the day but there were always a few ,even the perth and berwick racepoints were like this from 350,300 miles if it was hot/humid :pale:nice to hear from you tanveer Smile
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 9:05 am

tanveerhbaig wrote:
Dr umar is flying from another group . they raced 12 days before us and in these 12 days temperature raised around 8 degree Sad

https://mypigeons.benzing.live/pk/en/results/on-the-fly/r-133-final-race-rrpc-sadiqabad-650km/by-pigeons/

Knackered wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:
HI,

Ok Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! just shows Tanveer Wink Wink I'm affraid what an idiot I'm here etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad End of the day though I suggest, change Dr Umar to Marwat perhaps & the same type scenario applies somehow I suspect to a certain degree. cheers
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 9:08 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Knackered wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:

Knackered wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:
HI,

Ok Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! just shows Tanveer Wink Wink I'm affraid what an idiot I'm here etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad End of the day though I suggest, change Dr Umar to Marwat perhaps & the same type scenario applies somehow I suspect to a certain degree. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 9:37 am

tanveerhbaig wrote:
Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Knackered wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:

Knackered wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:
HI,

Thanks for that etc Tanveer Wink Wink encouragement for an old bloke type thing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Now bounce bounce I know roughly how far there you live from Marwat as such, but how far would you actually be roughly from Dr Umar if flying from the same general point there come race day type thing being somewhat curious here to a certain degree. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 6:04 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
HI,
Arguing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you say Very Happy  Very Happy We simply carn't have that etc Tanveer  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes disharmony in paradise type of thing, apparently. Could I maybe suggest, perhaps Dr Umar & his lot could be your moaners salvation to a certain degree if thinking of the general welfare of the birds concerned & perhaps for both sides with your present predicament of discontent as it appears. Around 2 football teams in size (Aussie style) combines/organisation's doing the same general thing there on race day it appears by what I see. Crazy stuff I'm affraid from my way of thinking here, when all are flying into the one general area etc & at the one time roughly. End of the day  Smile  Smile knowing a bit somewhat about the heat factor down here as such  Wink  Wink happy to agree with your general thought process 100% though still best I suspect/suggest to consider other issues that may just perhaps have played a part somewhat with your final race there to cover all basis when looking for a final solution to your predicament.  cheers
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 10:49 am

thank you Knackered Smile yeah Dr umar is good but topic was to understand under what circumstances we need to have multiple night basket. like one the fellow told that for 400 miles , their pigeons are at liberation site 24 hrs before.

Knackered wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:
HI,
Arguing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you say Very Happy  Very Happy We simply carn't have that etc Tanveer  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes disharmony in paradise type of thing, apparently. Could I maybe suggest, perhaps Dr Umar & his lot could be your moaners salvation to a certain degree if thinking of the general welfare of the birds concerned & perhaps for both sides with your present predicament of discontent as it appears. Around 2 football teams in size (Aussie style) combines/organisation's doing the same general thing there on race day it appears by what I see. Crazy stuff I'm affraid from my way of thinking here, when all are flying into the one general area etc & at the one time roughly. End of the day  Smile  Smile knowing a bit somewhat about the heat factor down here as such  Wink  Wink happy to agree with your general thought process 100% though still best I suspect/suggest to consider other issues that may just perhaps have played a part somewhat with your final race there to cover all basis when looking for a final solution to your predicament.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
thank you Knackered  Smile  yeah Dr umar is good but topic was to understand under what circumstances we need to have multiple night basket. like one the fellow told that for 400 miles , their pigeons are at liberation site 24 hrs before.

Knackered wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:
HI,
Ok Smile Smile that maybe so Tanveer (24 hrs) but I raise the point Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes has his birds over many years of competition, ever sat at a liberation site in the stifling heat as such above 30 odd degrees as an example, for those 24 hrs at around 400 odd miles before being liberated. Dehydration in a pigeon sense, because of the heat factor isn't quite like I suggest Wink Wink sitting beside a lake maybe with a cool breeze for 24 hrs. Rome Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes has many roads leading to it in certain ways I've found & what one may suggest as the best option to get there  maybe isn't quite the best way when considering all the options available in a heat scenario & the general welfare of one's birds. Now  Very Happy  Very Happy down here Tanveer, believe it or not  bounce  bounce & just slightly before my time  Smile  Smile we at one stage actually transported pigeons by camel train here out into our desert area for our distance type events & somehow 24 hours rest back then may maybe have perhaps been required I suspect somehow. These days though it wouldn't be my cup of tea if looking for an enjoyable moment/experience all things considered on average, as anything over 12 hours total rest in a good environment situation for ones birds is a waste of time & money & effort from my perspective if one is using a modern day type of transport regime & just have the best interest of one's members birds as the only concern that really matters in a heat situation.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: overnight and multiple nights basket   overnight and multiple nights basket Empty

Back to top Go down

overnight and multiple nights basket
Page 1 of 1