Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) 4 crackin birds gifted to me  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 104 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.4 crackin birds gifted to me  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Vote_lcap4 crackin birds gifted to me  Voting_bar4 crackin birds gifted to me  Vote_rcap 
David
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Vote_lcap4 crackin birds gifted to me  Voting_bar4 crackin birds gifted to me  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222597 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
4 crackin birds gifted to me  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

4 crackin birds gifted to me

Go down 
+6
steve b
oldstrain
peel bros
Don Webb
David
Rene A
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

4 crackin birds gifted to me  Empty
PostSubject: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:08 pm

4 crackin birds gifted to me from a Mr Dixon and Sons from County Durham
will take some better pix as soon as i can

4 crackin birds gifted to me  IMAG0053

4 crackin birds gifted to me  IMAG0057

4 crackin birds gifted to me  IMAG0063

4 crackin birds gifted to me  IMAG0065
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:10 pm

all look nice birds rene, hope you breed some winners from them next season................. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Rene they look the part mate good luck with them
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:22 pm

very nice indeed rene,i like the last 2 the best
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:50 pm

thanks for the comments guys the grizzle droped into me a while back so reported it and he asked if i wanted it so said yeh Very Happy then he told me that she had won a coulpe of races for him but he was giving so like a cheeky twat i am i asked if he had a cock that i could put to it Razz he said give me a ring in 4 weeks and when i did he ofered me a cock to go to the hen and another cock an hen for free the are all related to his main bird in the loft thats 15 years old and has bred 27 1st winners for him and others aswell so i got the blood just sort my feeding and management out now cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 pm

well done rene thatsthe way to do it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:03 pm

im sure they will do well for you rene.................... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 pm

like the one in the 3rd pic rene good luck with them
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:15 pm

was his name norman by any chance rene
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:41 pm

i think his name is Andy mate races in the wearside HS flys under Dixon & Sons mate
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: 4 cracking birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Rene hope you have the same success as Steve Aitchison he reported a stray belonging to John Mair john was gratefull to get the bird back and gifted Steve with a bird that bird went on to win 1st open SFNC Alencon in 2008 the pigeon was called EYE VALLEY QUEEN
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Wow, some great birds there mate. Especially the last two, they have everything I look for in a racing bird. But the first one is one I would defo have in the stock loft. Best of luck with them. A superb gift.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: 4 cracking gift birds   4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Gary no idea will ask my son to-morrow do you have a theory? george
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Gary Burgess wrote:
Wow, some great birds there mate. Especially the last two, they have everything I look for in a racing bird. But the first one is one I would defo have in the stock loft. Best of luck with them. A superb gift.

lol! thats where they are mate and thats where their stayin just goin to race the ybs from them mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:33 pm

A wise move mate. Best of luck with them. They should produce the goods. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:41 pm

i realy hope so mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:21 am

I see you mentioned feeding. A trick I use with my youngbirds. I feed them on the floor in the loft. For this I use a large square shallow galvanised tray. About 2ftx2ft, this makes a great sound when you chuck corn onto it and stops corn going all over the place. This gets them to associate you with food. The trick is I only feed them until the third bird goes to the drinker. Don't worry if a few get very little. They will get more the following night. This I have found gets the birds competitive. The will compete for food. Just like in the wild.
But be rigid with the drinker rule. Always remove the tray after feeding. With this regime, you will find that your birds are always alert and full of life.
You will be amazed at the results.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Gary Burgess wrote:
I see you mentioned feeding. A trick I use with my youngbirds. I feed them on the floor in the loft. For this I use a large square shallow galvanised tray. About 2ftx2ft, this makes a great sound when you chuck corn onto it and stops corn going all over the place. This gets them to associate you with food. The trick is I only feed them until the third bird goes to the drinker. Don't worry if a few get very little. They will get more the following night. This I have found gets the birds competitive. The will compete for food. Just like in the wild.
But be rigid with the drinker rule. Always remove the tray after feeding. With this regime, you will find that your birds are always alert and full of life.

Gary agree 1,000,000 % mate always used this with youngbirds
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:21 pm

It's a good system. There are lots of fanciers out there, dare I say it!! Ruin their birds with kindness. By overfeeding them. This makes them lazy, they become selective feeders, eating all their favourite grains leaving all the bigger stuff and as a result doubling your corn bill.
You will know when you have feeding right, because you will have full control over your birds and will be able to get them in the loft in seconds, just by chucking a few grains of corn in the loft.
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Gary Burgess wrote:

thanks for the tip mate i use a whistle and there in like rockets they soon learn that if they dont come in when i want em too they go without till the next day they will learn my way or the hard way lmao but think i might give the tin bath a go see how that works
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:47 pm

hi rene, i tried the whistle a couple of times, coudnt get them to respond..........i suppose it was me who wasnt doing it right or not giving it enough time. Embarassed

i stick to shaking the tin now........... lol!
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:57 pm

its easy mate if ya do it from weaning as soon as ya walk in just blow on the whistle as your shakin the tin do that for a week and gradualy reduce shakin the tin it tokk me about 3 weeks to get them used to the whistle but the trick is to be firm with them mate if they dont do what you want they go with out simples
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:59 pm

David wrote:
hi rene, i tried the whistle a couple of times, coudnt get them to respond..........i suppose it was me who wasnt doing it right or not giving it enough time. Embarassed

try the pizza methord david come in or pizza off lol
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:01 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
David wrote:

try the pizza methord david come in or pizza off lol

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:04 pm

That was my next tip, the tin. That's the reason for the tray. Right from the word go they hear me whistle and say come on when I'm putting the food down for them. It works a treat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 crackin birds gifted to me    4 crackin birds gifted to me  Empty

Back to top Go down

4 crackin birds gifted to me
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next