Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
could be the end of the road  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:46 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
could be the end of the road  Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
could be the end of the road  Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» Weather today
could be the end of the road  Emptyby David Today at 1:49 pm

» good luck weekend
could be the end of the road  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
could be the end of the road  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
could be the end of the road  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
could be the end of the road  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
could be the end of the road  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) could be the end of the road  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 118 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 115 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.could be the end of the road  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
could be the end of the road  Vote_lcapcould be the end of the road  Voting_barcould be the end of the road  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
could be the end of the road  Vote_lcapcould be the end of the road  Voting_barcould be the end of the road  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222670 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
could be the end of the road  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
could be the end of the road  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

could be the end of the road

Go down 
+3
big pete
IANYOUNG
notykinlofts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

could be the end of the road  Empty
PostSubject: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:37 pm

i got yb sickness in the yb loft again i had this two years back and it wiped most of my yb birds out,i gave them all there is to give and will see what happens if it end up like last time and lost most of the ybs it will be the end of the game for me i will get rid of whats left and burn the loft. cant be starting all over again, i was thinking of packing up before i moved back here but thought i bring them with me but now this and if it do go the same way as before its the end of he road for me
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:47 pm

havent heard of anyone getting youngbird sickness this late in season are you sure this is the problem could it not be something else Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm

well i seen a vet and he said that is what it is mate.so i treated for that and everything else the vet said wont do any harm to treat for everything.it not looking good mate lol.well i had anough now not had much luck with them for the past two years so if this go tits up its the end of the game for me i had anough buddy cant be botherd anymore.i got to much other things going on in my life these days to have pigeons adding to the stress so will play it by ear for now but i think its all over now ,
Back to top Go down
big pete
Hatchling
Hatchling
big pete

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm

very sorry to hear that mate, hope all turns out well for you, I wouldn't be to hasty, I've packed in twice saying that was final only to start again, once its in your blood pigeons are hard to shake off, and costs a fortune to start again from scratch, Good luck anyway
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:22 pm

realy sorry to hear this mate try not to let it get you down to much mate and keep your chin up like pete said once it in ya blood mate it there for good and it costs a fortune to restart the good stronger birds will pull through for ya mate let us know on the progress on the birds mate
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:45 pm

yeah i know what you are saying lads and i agree tottaly but i will play it by ear and see what happens
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:28 pm

hi mark, sorry to hear of the illness with your birds...........im of the same oinion as ian re yb sickness, never heard of it at this time of year....a lot of fanciers automatically say they have yb sickness if their ybs are off colour or have loose droppings and its not allways the case, what are the synptums ? my ybs had what most thought was yb sickness early in the season and it turned out to be a bacterial infection in the digestive system, which made them unable to digest their food properly and also on occasions be sick............also what vet did you see, as most normal vets dont have a clue about birds.
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:42 pm

lol this was a vet from the UEA a teacher of all anaimals my friends son is on the course.he is a professor lol.any how they on treatment i am real gutterd at the mo i will let ya know how it go they got a dead one they doing a pm on tomorrow so will know more then.
Back to top Go down
big pete
Hatchling
Hatchling
big pete

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:45 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi mark, sorry to hear of the illness with your birds...........im of the same oinion as ian re yb sickness, never heard of it at this time of year....a lot of fanciers automatically say they have yb sickness if their ybs are off colour or have loose droppings and its not allways the case, what are the synptums ? my ybs had what most thought was yb sickness early in the season and it turned out to be a bacterial infection in the digestive system, which made them unable to digest their food properly and also on occasions be sick............also what vet did you see, as most normal vets dont have a clue about birds.

got to agree david, very unlikely to be y/b sickness this time of year, and like you say unless he's a avain vet he probably aint got a clue, even then is they are not familular with pigeons not always right. also a avain vet wouldn't tell you to treat for everything. dont treat unessecary, sounds like he's guessing proffesor or not
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:51 pm

what symptums are they showing mark.....?
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:19 pm

right lads just had a call from the vet he said its a case of a bacteria the bird that died didnt die from that it had a growth on its intestings he said thats somthing no one could have done anything about not canker.he said just give them para stop or what ever i wish ti use he said it will pass in time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:38 pm

hope they make a speedy recovery then mark................... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:03 pm

cheers thats realy good news mate hope they get over it quikly mate
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 pm

yes good luck,let us know
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:37 pm

hi ray, havnt seen much of you on lately.................. scratch
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Thats a shame if your going to give up.

Hope they make a fast recovery cheers
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:04 pm

yeah they be ok know what it is now nad can get them sorted i feel better now
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:35 pm

notykinlofts wrote:
yeah they be ok know what it is now nad can get them sorted i feel better now

Bet you are really pleased cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:21 pm

so what is it you are going to treat them for mark, what has he prescribed ?
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 11:53 am

he didnt he told me it be cheeper to go to my local pigeon feed suplyer and get somthing from there it will be cheeper.im of today and see what they got
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:28 pm

i got some tablets from murray and mills in leeds which i gave one per day for three days.........also gave "magic" in the water which is for good bacteria, birds were fine within a week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: could be the end of the road    could be the end of the road  Empty

Back to top Go down

could be the end of the road
Page 1 of 1