Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 pm

» Good Morning
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Vote_lcapPigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Voting_barPigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Vote_lcapPigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Voting_barPigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222883 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pigeons That Handle Well

Go down 
+4
kev d
IANYOUNG
Rudderfett
SGWBrown
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Fair play Ian it's in now lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Good comment David spot on there
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Will say Steve that everyone has there own perference but as time goes you will make you own asumptions mate it takes time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:28 pm

whilst we are on the subject about weak/strong backs......i have noticed that some of my ybs have apeared to have weak backs when they are young, then as they get older and mature the back strengthens up.....anyone else seen this ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:48 pm

is this not the case with every species including humans david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 pm

ian wrote:
is this not the case with every species including humans david

maybe so, but i dont remember my back curling up in a letter "L" when i was youger............... lol!

i have found that they do seem to get stronger tho as they develope so sometimes we might think a certain bird has a week back when in fact they done have one........ive been suprised sometimes when ive picked birds up which i havnt handled for a while, and felt the differens in how they handle.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:01 pm

yes david know where your coming from
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 pm

i must say tho, this season my ybs have been the best team ive had since returning......they are all so settled and calm around the loft, most of them are very tame and sit all over me on my head shoulders etc......most of the young cocks who have taken a nestbox will attack me if i put my hand in, and this is not because ive tamed them with peanuts, they all seem very terratorial and agressive and like i said before sometimes i have to pull them apart when they are fighting like a couple of dogs....... affraid
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 pm

good sign david should race well
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

DAVID wrote:
i must say tho, this season my ybs have been the best team ive had since returning......they are all so settled and calm around the loft, most of them are very tame and sit all over me on my head shoulders etc......most of the young cocks who have taken a nestbox will attack me if i put my hand in, and this is not because ive tamed them with peanuts, they all seem very terratorial and agressive and like i said before sometimes i have to pull them apart when they are fighting like a couple of dogs....... affraid

Mine are similar to this, all very tame im in there as much as possible
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:27 pm

i always sit in when they are eating but as i only feed once per day now i dont get to spend as much time with them as i did........but thankfully it doesnt seem to have made any difference.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 pm

DAVID wrote:
i always sit in when they are eating but as i only feed once per day now i dont get to spend as much time with them as i did........but thankfully it doesnt seem to have made any difference.

Once theyve been tamed down, and see you daily then they are fine, its the taming part thats the main thing. A wise fancier told me if the birds are tame around you, they want to come back to you. I cant say its worked with them racing yet obviously but its worked in training Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

yes ive realised its important to have them happy/tame around home, i wonder if wild/edgy pigeons win many races...........
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:29 pm

they make bad trappers david so no not many winners
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Carm pigeons are best for any loft environment
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Wild pigeons like gutters, pigeons that are always moving about the loft and never settled are no good for the rest of the team
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:42 pm

scary pigeons no good
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 pm

ian wrote:
they make bad trappers david so no not many winners

do you use a flirt bird on race days ian ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:46 pm

two fantails david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:47 pm

and do you think they make a difference to your trapping ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:49 pm

yes very much so
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:54 pm

WE call them droppers and they am a must for good trapping
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:58 pm

we call them trappers
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Do you use your fantails to float eggs under Ian?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:12 pm

yes i do also use widowhood to float stock eggs early breeding season so i can get another round out of stock winthin a couple of weeks of each other
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons That Handle Well   Pigeons That Handle Well - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pigeons That Handle Well
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next