Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Vote_lcapDiscipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Voting_barDiscipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Vote_lcapDiscipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Voting_barDiscipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Discipline Through The Off-Season

Go down 
+2
kev d
SGWBrown
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:06 pm

my advise is to let them fly if they want to, even tho they are moulting........if they didnt want to fly, believe me they wouldnt. No

if you start keeping them in for any length of time you will loose them when you eventually let them out, just my opinion tho............
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

if your birds are settled to your loft ok then keep them in mate let them get over the stress of moulting , why have the fittest birds in the winter and knackered and burnt out when it comes to racing
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Agree with you David
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm

how can you loose them if they are sett scratch scratch led
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:53 pm

ian wrote:
how can you loose them if they are sett scratch scratch led

they are only young ian, they are latebreds which are still in the process of being settled.............

put it this way, do fanciers keep their darkness ybs in the loft for 3 or 4 months while they are moulting ...? no.

do fanciers keep their natural ybs in the loft while they are moulting.....? no.

as normally our ybs are moulting during the season and we dont keep them in the loft untill they have finished, why should these latebreds be kept in ?

with natural ybs usually after the first 4 - 5 races they might be falling to bits, some still race them but those that dont, dont keep them in the loft do they......... scratch

each to there own i suppose so if i was you steve id just see how they go......it isnt as tho your going to race them next year is it ????? if so you will need to train them well.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:57 pm

david i said if you loo back iam talking about birds you plan to race next year , why burn them out , i was under the impression he was going to race them scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:06 pm

No David I'm not intending to race them just to learn the craft with them and whilst I'm going along raising the questions which occur as a result.

As I've said happy, healthy birds are priorities but as my ultimate intention is to race I'm looking to learn the various aspects required and putting some of them into practice before taking the plunge. -I will train them next year but only to learn how to train hence my interest in trapping Very Happy

I reckon my next lot of questions will be about breeding Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:09 pm

if you dont ask you wont find out anything so keep asking and well keep trying to answer the best we can
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:17 pm

its been a good topic of conversation this one steve, and as always you will get many different opinions which is good, as this means you can decide which methods/ideas suit you and your birds................

the only way we will all learn is to listen and discuss ideas, this is what ive done for the past year and half and its due to our members that have helped me and others to get some idea of the correct management etc..........if everybody agreed with each other it would be boring, its good to debate and discuss. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:18 pm

well said david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:20 pm

ian wrote:
well said david
Very Happy lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:30 pm

king king king
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Spot on David
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Through The Off-Season   Discipline Through The Off-Season - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discipline Through The Off-Season
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2