Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
how many hours aday with pigeons  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) how many hours aday with pigeons  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.how many hours aday with pigeons  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
how many hours aday with pigeons  Vote_lcaphow many hours aday with pigeons  Voting_barhow many hours aday with pigeons  Vote_rcap 
David
how many hours aday with pigeons  Vote_lcaphow many hours aday with pigeons  Voting_barhow many hours aday with pigeons  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
how many hours aday with pigeons  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
how many hours aday with pigeons  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

how many hours aday with pigeons

Go down 
+3
David
IANYOUNG
kev d
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

how many hours aday with pigeons  Empty
PostSubject: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:34 pm

just wanderd how many hours aday do you spend with the birds
ie , winter and in the racing season .
during the winter when im working 20 mins aday , in the breeding and racing season can be any thing
up to 3-4 hrs aday .
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:35 pm

too many
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:37 pm

hi kev,in the winter probably about an hour to an hour and half......it all depends on if the water is frozen which takes longer to change, and if i clean out as sometimes the droppings are frozen arnt they.........at the moment im keeping the birds in the loft but usually in the summer depending what work is being done i can be there for hours lol!
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Very Happy For once I agree with Ian too much isnt that good, pigeons need to be observed but they also need to be left alone I give them lots of visits totaling 15/ 25 mins winter, and about 1 hour summer, made up of lots of visits at different times.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:48 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy For once I agree with Ian too much isnt that good, pigeons need to be observed but they also need to be left alone I give them lots of visits totaling 15/ 25 mins winter, and about 1 hour summer, made up of lots of visits at different times.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm

during the winter on week days im restricted i only half hour lunch break
don,t go down on the nights but some times i do i take the wind up latterns and spend about 1 hr
on a night but no very often , in the summer one hr in the morn and a couple hrs on a night
but like rudderfett says some times you can up set them with disturbing them all the time .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:53 pm

in the winter it takes longer to feed and clean out anyway, but i dont disterb them any more than necessary, and when they are pairing i just nip over to check on them through the front of the loft.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 pm

we spend a lot of time with our birds epecially the weekend which is all day ,at the moment a couple of hours amorning then night time just to lock up so about a hour or so by the time we have our famous cup of tetleys lol
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:58 pm

DAVID wrote:
in the winter it takes longer to feed and clean out anyway, but i dont disterb them any more than necessary, and when they are pairing i just nip over to check on them through the front of the loft.
david i don,t clean out every day in the winter might do it about 2 times a week i just put kiln dry
sand down keeps every thing nice and dry .
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 pm

we clean out everyday, twice in the summer or breeding time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:02 pm

thats been a problem with me during the winter kev, whe i was able to scrape out i used the floor whitener but it didnt dry it out totally and the floor was still a bit damp.......then with wet shoes it made it worse No
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:03 pm

peel bros wrote:

how did you go on with the droppings frozen ray.....?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:10 pm

i know what you mean david but with sprinkling down sand the dropping just get brushed up
and it keeps the damp at bay , try putting a matt in side where the door is to wipe your feet on but soak the matt in bleach .
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:10 pm

DAVID wrote:
peel bros wrote:

same as we all do play marbles lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:11 pm

just scrap harder
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:17 pm

chris perry wrote:
DAVID wrote:
peel bros wrote:

same as we all do play marbles lol!

tell you what, they were solid..............i didnt even attemp to scrape them some days. No
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:17 pm

peel bros wrote:
just scrap harder

your joking ray, they were like rock..................they bent the scraper.. lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:27 pm

snapped my scraper
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm

i broke water bowls too trying to get the ice out...........luckyly i had a spare just in case.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 pm

ian wrote:
snapped my scraper
saying that you lads up north have had it a lot colder than
us down in the west country i think the coldest we have had was about minus 9-10 thats one thing i don,t miss about yorkshire is the cold weather .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 pm

what about rene and ginger in gurnsey kev, they havnt had snow yet and ginger was in his shorts and t shirt the other week........ lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:37 pm

rudderfett wrote:

Your right there
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:07 pm

DAVID wrote:
what about rene and ginger in gurnsey kev, they havnt had snow yet and ginger was in his shorts and t shirt the other week........ lol!
lucky sods
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how many hours aday with pigeons    how many hours aday with pigeons  Empty

Back to top Go down

how many hours aday with pigeons
Page 1 of 1