Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:25 am

» Weather today
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Pink minerals.....? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pink minerals.....? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pink minerals.....? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Pink minerals.....? Vote_lcapPink minerals.....? Voting_barPink minerals.....? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Pink minerals.....? Vote_lcapPink minerals.....? Voting_barPink minerals.....? Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222734 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pink minerals.....? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pink minerals.....? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pink minerals.....?

Go down 
+6
feather
Lightning
Alex
Rene A
Rudderfett
David
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pink minerals.....? Empty
PostSubject: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:27 pm

does anyone use pink minerals and what do they think the importance of it is for conditioning pigeons.......? good or not important ?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Very Happy Hi David, Although I give my birds pink, black and mineral blocks and grit, to the birds fresh every day. It is my opinion that birds that are healthy dont use them, grit however they always eat daily and this is important for different reasons, but going back to minerals its only lacking birds that take them in my opinion. This is born out this season so far as I have had an excellant hatch with my birds never looking better, and they are hardly touching the minerals, but as the season wears on and the stock birds are on second round they mop the minerals up as its replaced.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 pm

ah right, so do you think they are an important suppliment or dont you think theres much need for it if they are kept fit and healthy .....?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Very Happy To be honest david I dont have an answer to that quetion for sure. Today I have had a day with the birds all cleaned out spik and span, when I gave fresh grit and minerals they all went for the grit, and out of 65 birds I think I saw 4 pick at the minerals for a couple of seconds. I really do think that when all is well they dont eat it, and dont need it, but thats me I do however give it to them anyway. I would say if pushed for an answer as long as you have grit on offer like matrix which does seem to contain a varied mixture, then you could not give minerals at all with no ill effects.
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:25 pm

mine get the pink and the black every day and matrix twice a week is it me or do the birds go mad for the matrix ???
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:30 pm

i give matrix every day at a rate of a teaspoon per pair of birds, fed to them in their box............apart from honey and cider vinegar i dont give them anything else, including vitamins etc.
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:41 pm

i put vit twice a week in the water
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:59 pm

i just like to use honey now rene, i think its as good as anything and its also fairly inexpensive too.......
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:32 pm

mine always have matrix really rate the stuff birds love it and it has everything they need in there. the matrix has the pink minerals in it but i do add pink minerals to the corn aswell
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:39 pm

i swear by pink minerals when breeding only............never used at any other time of year, not used black minerals in years.

Matrix is expensive, basically grit, pink minerals and trapping seen mixed together imo
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:48 pm

do you use hormoform atall mark. if you do what do you think of it
Back to top Go down
feather
Chipping
Chipping
feather

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:50 pm

i use vita alex and hormoform with cocks
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:52 pm

yes mate, love homoform again when rearing, once they get the taste for it they love it..........only downside is it takes weeks to get it off the feathering esecially any pieds

i love to give the birds as much as possible when they are rearing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:58 pm

so do you think it is a benefit to the ybs mark, does it rear good ybs ? do you think it is better thqan pellets etc?
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:01 pm

yes mate, very oily good for feather growth.......only downside is so damn expensive
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 pm

ah right, never used it myself but have been feeding a neighbours birds for him while hes away and been putting some in a pot on the floor.........the birds seem to love it but i didnt know if it was any good as i usually use pellets.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Thanks jason and mark Very Happy have ben giving mine hormoform but nice to hear that top flyers use it as im not wasting my money because it must be good for experienced flyers to be using it.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:27 pm

how much is it alex, and what size is the bag.....?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:28 pm

2kg - £7 odd quid
5kg - £13 odd quid
20kg - £44

use 3ounces to 450g of food for breeders
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:30 pm

ah right, so do you mix it with their food and not in pots on the floor.....?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:36 pm

put it in the pot on the floor david but to be honest i seem to use alot more than 3 ounces in comparison to the corn but yes do it however you want fill a pot up daily or mix with corn....in the stock loft they get it in a pot....but the parents in the other loft get it mixed with there corn in their nestboxes.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 pm

do they eat it all when mixed with the corn.....?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:47 pm

yes all goes david in the pots and with the food....
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:50 pm

my reply before was a bit vauge looking back lol will try again... Laughing Laughing Laughing

when i put it in a pot on the floor, i seem to want to keep it full, that way im using alot more than they should have.....

3ounces in with 450g of corn is a bit more measured, so that way, the birds are getting the exact amount and im just not giving them it for the sake of it.

But the stock get it in a pot, the others get it in there nest box just mix it up and fill there individual pots
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:53 pm

right, think i`ll try it next season as its too late now..........when i give it to those birds im looking after they eat two pots full per day and its all gone the next morning when i go round to feed them..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pink minerals.....?   Pink minerals.....? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pink minerals.....?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next