Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) what are your thoughts on the site?.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 44 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.what are your thoughts on the site?.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Vote_lcapwhat are your thoughts on the site?.... Voting_barwhat are your thoughts on the site?.... Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Vote_lcapwhat are your thoughts on the site?.... Voting_barwhat are your thoughts on the site?.... Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
what are your thoughts on the site?.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

what are your thoughts on the site?....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

what are your thoughts on the site?.... Empty
PostSubject: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:47 pm

if any member has any ideas that would make the forum better, or any catagory they would like adding could they please let me know......thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pigeons.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm

hi, will be making some alterations to the site over the next few days, nothing major......things like the signs/pics on the home page for the different catageries/topics. ive put a picture of a pigeon up for members to see if they would prefer this type of thing rather than the ones which are already on......let me know which you prefer.
also due to ians suggestion about a section for jokes etc i will be putting one on the site so please feel free to post yours up anyone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pigeons.forumotion.com
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi David would like it to be easier to put pictures on
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:25 pm

hi ken, apart from using photobucket or tinypics.com the only other way is onto the gallery which at the moment is full......when i first started the site it automatically gave us so much space which we have used and what i need to do now is buy more which will give us a lot more space, the only trouble is that as ive never bought any before i dont know how to do it apart from the fact they allow payment through paypal which is good since i have a paypal account already......ill look into it and try get it sorted. scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks David not to worry, just thought it would be easier than bombarding u with e-mails thats all thanks again
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:47 pm

hi ken, got a new laptop couple of weeks ago and still finding out how to use it as its all different from the other one....its a vista one and when i use photobucket etc is all different, ill get it sorted soon tho. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:49 pm

dont like vista think xp is much easier to use
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:52 pm

yes ian, our other was xp and it was great....very easy to use. this is ok and faster but for me not as easy. scratch
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 pm

can still only use one finger lol so im pretty slow which ever system lol!
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:17 pm

lol! i use one finger on each hand ken, mind you im even worse on the laptop as its even harder to type on this than a pc with seperate keyboard.... lol! scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 pm

like the new avatar ken......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Thanks David she is a Gaby Hen in stock
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:58 pm

hi ken, is she a new hen bought in or a racer that has raced well ?
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:01 pm

She was brought in two years ago from PGW racing stud she is a daughter oout of the "33" cock when paired to birthday girl in her first year she bred prize winners,
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:05 pm

looks a nice racing type ken, not too heavy and slim/slight build.....i like racers to be a bit wirey if you know what i mean, (could be wrong but just my opinion)
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 pm

I also have a son out of the same pair, hes a bit older he raced well, moved over to stock this year i will pair him to his younger sister
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 pm

hi ken, do you like to inbreed ? are you happy to put brother to sister ? i did last year, not because i planned it but because i had very little choice really.
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:27 pm

yes i dont mind the odd ones , but u have to be carfull you dont go too inbred
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:30 pm

ken, might sound a silly question but what is the difference between line breeding and inbreeding ? is linebreeding inbreeding as well ?
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:35 pm

Line breeding is following the line of a Family of pigeons where you have more of the same way bred familey that are not closley related, in breeding is very related, i have to be carefull now thats why i brought in the Lindelaufs and ur birds to put a cross into some of them
Ken
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Hope things work out for you Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:40 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Line breeding is following the line of a Family of pigeons where you have more of the same way bred familey that are not closley related, in breeding is very related, i have to be carefull now thats why i brought in the Lindelaufs and ur birds to put a cross into some of them
Ken

hi ken, what made you choose the lindelaufs to cross into your birds. is it because they are of similar type or have you heard they cross well with your breeds ?
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi David to be honest it was a bit of both, i also noticed that Foxwood lofts was alao using this as a cross into there Melderts and doing well with them,
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 pm

ken ive noticed this breed/family alot recently in the r.p. weekly results and also if im not mistaken in an auction for sale from a top flyer(i think its this breed, i get mixed up the the other one which is spelt similar)....no doubtyou have done your homework on them when you decided to introduce this breed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Lol been looking for past 12 months.
Ken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are your thoughts on the site?....   what are your thoughts on the site?.... Empty

Back to top Go down

what are your thoughts on the site?....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next