Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:12 pm

» Weather today
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
What's in your drinkers? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What's in your drinkers? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 105 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 105 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What's in your drinkers? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
What's in your drinkers? Vote_lcapWhat's in your drinkers? Voting_barWhat's in your drinkers? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
What's in your drinkers? Vote_lcapWhat's in your drinkers? Voting_barWhat's in your drinkers? Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222736 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What's in your drinkers? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What's in your drinkers? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What's in your drinkers?

Go down 
+3
Grizzle cock
friendsloft
Lightning
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

What's in your drinkers? Empty
PostSubject: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 pm

What's the members use in the drinkers at this time of year and why?
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:52 pm

we use an alternate water system at this time of year, from the last race till around the end of november all our birds will get in the drinkers is 2 days plain water, followed by 2 days cider vinegar, then back to 2 days plain water etc

the cider vinegar just keeps the gut acidic and stops the bugs from building especially as we are coming into the damp season.
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:54 pm

The only thing i add to water is Garlic and Cider vinigar, as you all know garlic is the best natural antibiotic and dosent cost the earth,
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:57 pm

The racing season is over, no need for medicine or treatment, no cleaning of loft, only fresh clean water everyday, clean food everyday, want them to build some natural resistance .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:54 pm

i use garlic in the drinkers 24/7.....this is left in and just the water changed every day and when it goes mushy i take it out and then give clean water for about a week or two.....then back to garlic.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:58 pm

thing with cloves of garlic, all the goodness is absorbed in the first 48hrs

after that they just a bit of rubber like in the drinkers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:01 pm

i always felt it got stronger the longer it was left in as it smells more.......and also it leaves a greasy film around the bowl. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm

basically decomposing/rotting in your drinkers, it may smell but my feelings are the goodness is gone?

jmo Shocked

we always used to cut up and place in drinkers, but remove/refresh after 48hr
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:14 pm

mmmm, see your point.....never gone into much thought about it, but have read that some make it up and use hot water and leave it over night..... also heard that by putting hot water onto it ruins it, so seems there are many thoughts and opinions to the use of garlic. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 pm

DAVID wrote:
read that some make it up and use hot water and leave it over night..... also heard that by putting hot water onto it ruins it, so seems there are many thoughts and opinions to the use of garlic. scratch

Making the garlic "tea" by hot water and leaving overnight to cool with the good ness locked inside, good method...........how strong does your cuppa get when you leave it to stew for a bit?

but again there are many thoughts and theories, thats what makes this game so fantastic
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:31 pm

I have to admit I hate using anything in the water, but I do use honey and garlic. However a friend of mine gave me some garlic oil which I put on the corn now. Has anyone used garlic oil? and is it the same as fresh in the water?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 pm

hi martyn, dont know if its as good as clove in the water and have seen some fanciers putting too much in the drinker and the wattles going brown/greasy. ive used the garlic oil to key brewers yeast to the corn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Yes I do use the oil to bind stuff on the corn, I only really put golden boost calcium on the corn when rearing, I was reading about codliver oil which I used to use for this but its not good for the birds, so I stopped using it.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 pm

martyn, once read about an old fancier......when he weaned his ybs he would put a codliver oil capsule down their beaks for a few days, dont know why exactly but must be for health reasons etc ?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:46 am

Yes iv used it for years, and so have others, but I read that its benifit out wieghed by the down side. It actually blocks some vitamins absorbtion, and the benifits which I cant remember can be found in other feeds.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 pm

magic 6 times a week every week and bicarbonate of soda once a week every week
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:49 pm

hi john, whats majic? never heard of it...... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:30 am

hi david magic is a soluble formula of seven strains of live protected bacteria
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 7:56 pm

John, seven strains, sound to me like good stuff.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:03 pm

yes grizzle cock i was told about it last year i put it in every day well 6 days a week good for the birds gut as well you can find it if you google it and it tells you all about it not cheap but nothing is
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

water lol
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 7:37 pm

barlbylofts wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

water lol

p.m.s.l. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's in your drinkers?   What's in your drinkers? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's in your drinkers?
Page 1 of 1