Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
percy away with my open winner first time out Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) percy away with my open winner first time out 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.percy away with my open winner first time out Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
percy away with my open winner first time out Vote_lcappercy away with my open winner first time out Voting_barpercy away with my open winner first time out Vote_rcap 
David
percy away with my open winner first time out Vote_lcappercy away with my open winner first time out Voting_barpercy away with my open winner first time out Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
percy away with my open winner first time out Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
percy away with my open winner first time out Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

percy away with my open winner first time out

Go down 
+9
littlehen
David
robbiedoo.
Alex
kev d
big pete
Don Webb
steve1952
stormqueen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

percy away with my open winner first time out Empty
PostSubject: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:00 am

cant believe it birds out for first time since racing stopped last year and percys away with my open winner out of 16 birds it just has to be that hen i have two off her at least but would have rather had her back the cocks bringing up the two youngsters his self ok as there 15 days old
ps thats the lows of the sport starting early this year lets hope for a better race season
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:37 am

hen hawk vanished from our lofts last week never to be seen again, yesterday another took its place calling when flying above lofts, they need a killer disease
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:36 am

stormqueen wrote:
cant believe it birds out for first time since racing stopped last year and percys away with my open winner out of 16 birds it just has to be that hen i have two off her at least but would have rather had her back the cocks bringing up the two youngsters his self ok as there 15 days old
ps thats the lows of the sport starting early this year lets hope for a better race season

Sorry to hear the bad news mate looks like you have had your bad luck now before the season starts
Back to top Go down
big pete
Hatchling
Hatchling
big pete

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 am

very sorry to hear your bad news, you must be absolutelty gutted atb
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:20 pm

well lets hope that it gets better from now on allways hoping she turns up hurted but liitle chance of that now thats been three days just really sick she was on my hand every morning eating out of one hand standing on the other why is it allways your best that gets it.

we put a hen away a month ago a 07 hen never been in a basket never been tossed . took it 37 miles let it up when darkness was just starting to come down and the hen came back last week was out for 4 weeks dodging hawlks the lot and my open winner gets out for 30 mins and gets taken its just not right
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:23 pm

gutted for you mate , carry on regardless pigeons these days have a very short life span .
i try not to get to attached to the birds cos if you do things like this happen , these past few seasons i taken to having a open loft pigeons are ment to fly not to be locked up all day and in 2 years i have lost no more than 2 or 3 birds to the hawk , im in a position where i can have the birds out with out up setting the neighbours
and when they spot any hawks there heads go sky wards and there straight in the loft , im also very lucky to have up to 12 buzzards flying over head every day and i think i might be wrong but they tend to keep the other hawks away this is some thing i have done now for 2 years and it works ok for me . cherrs kev

Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 4:38 pm

so sorry to hear No
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:23 pm

o well up wards and on wards
just have to breed another one
nothing ealse for it
not so simple to do but thinking about what i have now not what i lost. Wink
Back to top Go down
robbiedoo.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:18 am

stormqueen wrote:
gary which race was it your 1st open with and what distance also how old was the pigeon in question .these hawks are everywhere i see the percy everyday . i was watching percy on sunday whilst at work and what a noise they were making sqeeling back and forth . there was a guy on site yesterday with a harris hawk and i told him about them he said its just them showing off to each other before they get ready to nest . god help our doos these cannibals are everywhere
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:04 pm

sorry to hear this john, it always seems to be the best ones that get took............hope it doesnt come back. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
robbiedoo.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:19 pm

DAVID wrote:
sorry to hear this john, it always seems to be the best ones that get took............hope it doesnt come back. Evil or Very Mad
it will be back trust me they are everywhere clown clown clown
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:24 pm

DAVID wrote:

a well david we will just have to try and breed another one this year. fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 pm

hope you do well again , look forward to hearing how they do for you............ Very Happy when does your old birds racing start ?
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:29 pm

sorry to hear this mate, all the best for the coming season sunny
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:30 pm

DAVID wrote:
hope you do well again , look forward to hearing how they do for you............ Very Happy when does your old birds racing start ?
23rrd david the birds was out today for first time so alot of work to do with them to get fit now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:35 pm

havnt even had mine out yet , but will get them out after the weekend when i part my ybs........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:41 pm

you should be fine david, i worried too much about the ybs first thinking what may happen....but it never did happen so i just let them out now and pray they all come back in Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:44 pm

will be parting my ybs maybe about tue or wednsday, then will be getting them out every day if possible..............
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 pm

should be ok david the sparrow hawk hens are sitting on there eggs now at least with you lads
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:52 pm

hope so, it would be nice to get them knowing their surrounds in peace.......also i`ll have to put them straight onto the dark as the clocks altered a few days ago....... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:47 pm

weaning ybs tommorrow, so need to get my covers sorted out for darkness........ affraid

will a week or so make any difference as they should have gone onto it when the clocks altered............ scratch
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:54 pm

i will put another 4 ybs over next week david and they will go straight on the dark but was told they need 12 weeks on the system maybe some of the other lads might be able to throw some light on the subject sorry for the pun lol
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Would like to hear if this is ok too that as long as they are on darkness for 12 weeks if it matters if you start later.
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:49 pm

percy took one of my good hens straight off the loft and was eating it only a few feet away behind the neighbours bin.i was wondering what happened to it when a half hour later i saw percy on the tree next to my loft cleaning his beak on the branch.i did notice a bit earlier crows and magpies were gathering round the tree like vultures.anyway looked over the neighbours fence to see lots of feathers and two wings still attached to the skeliton.
Back to top Go down
robbiedoo.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 pm

[quote="robbiedoo."]
stormqueen wrote:
gary which race was it your 1st open with and what distance also how old was the pigeon in question .these hawks are everywhere i see the percy everyday . i was watching percy on sunday whilst at work and what a noise they were making sqeeling back and forth . there was a guy on site yesterday with a harris hawk and i told him about them he said its just them showing off to each other before they get ready to nest . god help our doos these cannibals are everywhere

yes gary sickening for you losing your first fed doo Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: percy away with my open winner first time out   percy away with my open winner first time out Empty

Back to top Go down

percy away with my open winner first time out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next