Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:52 am

» Weather today
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» RPRA Partnerships
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:26 am

» BHW Subscriptions
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 66 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Vote_lcapFIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Voting_barFIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Vote_rcap 
David
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Vote_lcapFIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Voting_barFIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222782 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Empty
PostSubject: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 am

WELL IT WAS A NICE DAY TODAY SO TOOK 20 COCKS AWAY FOR THERE 30 MILE TOSS 5 CAME BACK IN 45 MINUTES ANOTHER 5 CAME BACK IN 55 MINUTES 4 CAME BACK JUST OVER A HOUR AND 6 CAME BACK AFTER 4 AND 43 QUARTER HOURS BUT ALL BACK WILL TRAIN UP THE HENS NEXT WEEK BEFORE WE PUT SOME AWAY FOR OUR FIRST RACE NEXT SATERDAY LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE RACE SEASON TO START FOR US AGAIN THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT PS YOU JUST CANT BEAT THIS SPORT WELL DONE TO ALL THATS STARTED AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR MEMBERS AGAIN THIS YEAR. YOURS GARY
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:48 pm

birds sound as tho they are coming well gary, need to start mine off training this week as they seem to be exercising round home a lot better now...........good luck for your first race Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:44 am

funny you saying that david my older birds has been geting a open hole in the morning for 3 hours and just seem to fly a little and stop and away they go again not flying for more than ten mins at a time and they was my first 5 back was a shock to me as the other cocks get out just for a hour and a half and they fly there socks off when out and they was my last cocks back cant understand it my self david just hope it all comes together for the longer races this year i wont be going on to round about until they go to 150 miles so just fly them to youngsters and eggs for the first three races good luck to your self as well david its all in taking part not winning
ps winnings great but to me seeing them coming home is great as well and ofcorse me and dad allways race each other then club then feds so its all great fun Wink
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 pm

there as been some flyers this season saying some of there birds are lop sided
when flying and when they land have there wings hanging down , and the conculsion is don,t
push them let them fly on there own accord and having them on a open hole will benifit them better
then forced exercise after been locked up for 6 months .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:54 pm

afraid i cant have mine on open hole due to either cats or hawks, even tho my loft is at home , it is out of site from the house so i need to be at the loft whenever the pigeons are out exercising.................also dont think my birds have been out for approx 7 months so im just taking it steady with them and exercising once a day in the morning for as long as they want to fly, also gave them a bath today which they enjoyed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 pm

im the same as you david cats every where and hawks to many to mention
but im not keeping the birds in they are out all day long and ive lost one to the perigrine
so far . the cats i can sort out thats not a problem the yb went out for the first time tonight
and i just left them and went home for my tea they have all been out and all gone in all through the
sputnick trap so very pleased with that , but im just not having my pleasure ruined by hawks or cats whats there at the end of the season is all i worry about now i don,t get atached to any thing these days i stoped wraping them up in cotton wool long ago .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:13 pm

best way kev..........
i had my ybs out today for only the second time, i have them out in the morning for an hour and just let then flutter around the loft, so they seem to be getting the hang of it and are coming straight in when called (so far affraid )
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:17 pm

ive got to go to plymouth on sunday so the birds are going as well
so that will be there first toss agood 65 miler but they have been out flying since feb
so should be ok i will let you know how they get on .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 pm

should be ok kev................ Very Happy

been having problems with my w/hood cocks, they are only flying for 10 minutes and have only just started to trap when i call them...........last week they woudnt come in the loft and were not flying so i cut the food down a bit and they still wouldnt trap, also now not too bothered about eating all the amount i feed thwem and still leave a few small seeds...........
dont know what my next move will be but maybe training ?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:28 pm

DAVID wrote:
should be ok kev................ Very Happy

been having problems with my w/hood cocks, they are only flying for 10 minutes and have only just started to trap when i call them...........last week they woudnt come in the loft and were not flying so i cut the food down a bit and they still wouldnt trap, also now not too bothered about eating all the amount i feed thwem and still leave a few small seeds...........
dont know what my next move will be but maybe training ?
i would not feed them for 24 hrs then give them not even half of what they usally have put some lemon juice on the corn when you let them out don,t let them see you as they will not fly if they land leave them alone they will take off again when ready also lock them in there boxes when there inside the loft see what that does because some times when you feed them all together they just fight each other .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 pm

also i would not train them yet there not ready david they want at least 3-4 weeks flying
round at home first they can be jump in at 100 miles when ready no probs , a little tip to get some spark in to your birds is give them a very small amount of hemp in there box it really fires them up but go steady with it .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 pm

when i let them out kev i stand out of the way till they land, then i go over and stay with them until their hour is up because of cats/hawks etc.............im exercising them and feeding them once a day at the moment and giving 50/50 super diet and widowhood at the rate of 1 oz per bird, i also feed each bird in their own box and have removed all perches from the widowhood section.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:00 pm

it doesent look like am going to get a chance to get the hens tossed before saterday so will just have to put the cocks in for the first race david weathers been to cloudy this week if i cant get them a toss tomurrow will just put cocks in for first race only 70 miles so not bothered about the first two races
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:03 pm

hi john, what sort of exercise have they had and have the cocks had many training tosses...? my birds have been out for the last 10 days now and flying crap, so wondering if i should take them on a little trainer........? maybe 4-5 miles scratch
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 pm

our first toss was about 18 miles.
and then 30 miles
thy have not had enough tosses yet david.
but just hopping to get them away again this week.
there has been a lot of fog hear.
and it comes down in a hand clap.

allwas try to go to the same place bavid
we use to go to out side aberdeen which is 40miles by car.
but every time we went just seem to loss a bird.
i think there must have been hawk;s about there.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:58 pm

got told to take mine straight to 10 miles, then let them have half a dozen before sending them with the club trainer which i think goes to around 35 - 40 miles......
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:09 pm

i would say thats allright david.
ours have not had enough road work yet.
might get them 2 short tosses at that distance david 10 miles.
if we can just have to watch the weather.
but if the weather is alright i will try and get them 30 miles.
just have to see how it go;s.
a lot of races yet. would not like to loss them all at the first race.
but you just don;t no. Sad
john.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:28 pm

yes thats true john, this week coming is our third race so i need to get going to jump them in as soon as i can other wise the full oldbird season will be lost...........altho hopefully i will be ok for the ybs.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:32 pm

best of luck david when you start.
nail biting the first one
affraid
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:34 pm

id say i am about 3 or 4 weeks behind, it might have been a mistake me pairing up 5th feb which meant i didnt have much time before the racing began...........i think next year i might go back to early breeding again which will give me more time to wean and seperate the cocks and also more time to prepare them for racing.........
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Sorry David but come on mate change gear

The season will be over before you know it mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:43 pm

im stuck don, dont know what else to do as its all gone pear shaped as usual......... No No Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:06 pm

In what sence mate has it gone pear shape
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:22 pm

cocks not flying for more than 10 mins, and also not trapping when called.........im feeding 50/50 super diet and widowhood at a rate of 1 oz per pigeon once a day, im only exercising once per day at the moment......... scratch
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:07 am

david my birds are all still on breed and ween as we dont have our racing mixture yet but they have been flying ok about a hour then on and off for another hour so we put the cocks to 18 miles then 30 the ones that are not flying well was my first birds home from 30 miles so i dont know what to think but all are still sitting on eggs or feeding youngsters wont put them on round about for another 4 weeks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS   FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS Empty

Back to top Go down

FIRST 30 MILE TOSS TODAY WITH COCKS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next