Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
YB flying over 2 hrs Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) YB flying over 2 hrs 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.YB flying over 2 hrs Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
YB flying over 2 hrs Vote_lcapYB flying over 2 hrs Voting_barYB flying over 2 hrs Vote_rcap 
David
YB flying over 2 hrs Vote_lcapYB flying over 2 hrs Voting_barYB flying over 2 hrs Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
YB flying over 2 hrs Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
YB flying over 2 hrs Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

YB flying over 2 hrs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB flying over 2 hrs Empty
PostSubject: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 pm

my ybs are flying for 2 hours and 20 mins now.............. scratch not sure if this is a good thing or not but with them doing all this exercise should i be giving them a bit more food.....?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:23 pm

never worry when y/b are flying and you must be giving them enough if there doing 2 hours so i wouldnt change seems like they found out what wings are for good luck to you
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:31 pm

thanks graham, yes over the last couple of weeks they have certainly changed their ways............seems as tho they are loving the exercise as today i had to call them in or they would have flown longer.......im wondering if i should give maybe an oz and a quarter instead of 1 oz per bird, or possibly change the % from 50/50 to 75/25 ???
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:35 pm

well they say never change when things are going right over feeding stops um flying so stick with what your doing for now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:38 pm

right, but altho im happy with them exercising at the moment i will be starting training next week, so im stuck for what to do as when i start training it will alter their routine....... scratch study
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:03 pm

good to hear there flying well now.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 pm

thanks fred, going to start training next week so need to re-think thier feeding as at the moment im only feeding once a day and exercising once a day too......
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:16 pm

they seem to be flying fine now so keep them on what you been feeding as when you start training i cant see them flying for 2 hours as its only going to be short tosses to start with.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:19 pm

yes it will be fred, the problem is tho that if i send them training they will not fly when they get home, so then i need to exercise them in the evening wont i .....? if so what should i feed them when they get home......?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:26 pm

David i would not change anything mate because as soon as you start training the will soon stop the 2 hour flys mate because when training starts it will be in basket from basket in the loft no messing about at all

Same when exercising around the loft you birds either have to be in the air or in the loft it just routine David and don't forget your the boss mate not the pigeons

Good luck mate wish you all the best
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:26 am

thanks don, proper training starts next week hopefully............ive had them 3 miles away just to get them used to coming out of the basket already but as its only 3 weeks to yb racing id better get them going ........ Wink
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:04 pm

David wrote:
my ybs are flying for 2 hours and 20 mins now.............. scratch not sure if this is a good thing or not but with them doing all this exercise should i be giving them a bit more food.....?

i had the same thing a few years back,and the caretaker over the school is a pigeon man,he came round one day and said i wish my birds would fly round te loft like mine,he said how they doing in race,i said not good at all.so he then asked to see what i was feeding them on he then said thats why my food was to bulky for them and they burning it of in the week and when race day is here they worn out lol.
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:07 pm

David wrote:
thanks don, proper training starts next week hopefully............ive had them 3 miles away just to get them used to coming out of the basket already but as its only 3 weeks to yb racing id better get them going ........ Wink

im not going to be racing this year by the looks of things i not training the ybs yet i was wondering why they not doing what they should be doing.they now came down with yb sickness. i going to take defeet for this year and hope everything is better next season.
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Have you looked at the ventilation of the loft and treated for respetary with the pigeons

If your birds have YB sickness then keep the food of them for 2 days but let them have plain water only
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 pm

hope you get them sorted mark...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YB flying over 2 hrs   YB flying over 2 hrs Empty

Back to top Go down

YB flying over 2 hrs
Page 1 of 1