Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Vote_lcapWhat do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Voting_barWhat do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Vote_lcapWhat do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Voting_barWhat do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What do you do with birds who lose?

Go down 
+8
notykinlofts
kev d
birdy2011
Rudderfett
Chad
Don Webb
SGWBrown
sakura
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Red Bull Lofts wrote:
I don't cull birds that come back in a box unless there is serious health issues that dictate otherwise.

There are too many factors now beyond our control and that of the pigeon to judge them as rubbish or failures without justifiable reason - 15 years ago it was different but with the mobile phone networks and the serious hawk problems how can we judge a pigeon in such a way?.

Also think pigeon fanciers are too keen to blame the pigeons without looking in the mirror - come and visit my loft there is a mirror hung on my fence and then in my corn section.

The high losses are scary but with regret it now seems part of the hobby now - I will still stick to my strict small team numbers and sink and swim with them figures.

Good look to all
good reply mate
Back to top Go down
Red Bull Lofts
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Red Bull Lofts

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:05 pm

David wrote:
hi redbull, when i raced many years ago the threat of hawk attacks very entered my head, i could let me birds out without having to worry about them.........apart from the ocasional cat attack , now im on constant alert for a hawk attack which i ruining the hobby/sport of pigeon racing..............you only have to read and listen to other fanciers to know how bad it is becoming.

Quite agree David, I think it is many factors but in our first 3-4 seasons i think we dropped many 8-9 birds in all that time.

There is too much now to hinder them and it is an achievement to carry a strong team over from the YB loft to replenish what in most cases is a depleted old bird team. (myself included) unless of course you are prepared to carry large numbers in the hope you can do this - which i am not Sad

Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:45 am

Very Happy I too believe in the birds which come back on there own, this happened to me 2 years ago, first race I lost a blue cock, it was reported 80 miles away, I would point out the bird had been hit by a hawk as a youngster weeks before and had been reported 4 miles away during training and I colleced it..., however this chap 80 miles away rung me about it and because he liked it and it was on line of flight I said keep it...anyway 4 weeks later on a saturday he rung again and said the bird had been restless and shy and had gone, that day a few hours later the bird was on the loft wanting to go in, just goes to show with a bit of rest good one work back.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 pm

have heard of this happening before martyn, but ddo you think the birds which do this are better birds than the ones who just get lost never to return.....? does it show that quality birds can still get lost ?
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:36 pm

David wrote:
i think theres too many pigeon men shurking their responsibilities for getting lost/reported birds home........they automatically assume the finder will keep it, therefor solving their problem of getting it back home. yes, i know its expensive to get a courier to collect your lost bird, but this should be taken into account when taking up the hobby/sport and when breeding loads and loads of ybs each season......if you cant afford to get them back, dont send them..........(just my opinion dont shoot me)

yeah thats true mate 9 times out of ten i send a courire to get mine back,to be honest i feel guilty for sending them to the race and get them back lol.
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
Red Bull Lofts
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Red Bull Lofts

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 pm

David wrote:
have heard of this happening before martyn, but ddo you think the birds which do this are better birds than the ones who just get lost never to return.....? does it show that quality birds can still get lost ?

I may be wrong but sure one of the recent UK international winners was reported and returned in a box in a previous race.

A friend of mine topped the section last year from NFC Saintes with a bird that had returned in a box at the start of the season from a 30 mile toss (ended up going 120 miles the wrong way)

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 pm

yes i read something similar in the homing world the other week redbull, and it just goes to show that all birds which get lost are not all rubbish doesnt it.......
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

David wrote:
yes i read something similar in the homing world the other week redbull, and it just goes to show that all birds which get lost are not all rubbish doesnt it.......
david the cock what got me 19th section D in the NFC from messac was missing for 3 weeks in his first channel race this season rested him for 2 weeks then bang came like a good un .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 pm

kev d wrote:
David wrote:
david the cock what got me 19th section D in the NFC from messac was missing for 3 weeks in his first channel race this season rested him for 2 weeks then bang came like a good un .
also forgot to say sent him to tarbes 560 miles but got him back after 5days in good nick , will try him again next year .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 pm

kev d wrote:
David wrote:

just goes to show kev , they must have a good fly round while they are missing from home........and they eventually find they way on their own so it must have done him some good eh...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with birds who lose?   What do you do with birds who lose? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you do with birds who lose?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2