Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby David Today at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Exercise of friday.....? Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Exercise of friday.....? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 113 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 112 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Exercise of friday.....? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Exercise of friday.....? Vote_lcapExercise of friday.....? Voting_barExercise of friday.....? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Exercise of friday.....? Vote_lcapExercise of friday.....? Voting_barExercise of friday.....? Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Exercise of friday.....? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Exercise of friday.....? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Exercise of friday.....?

Go down 
+2
stormqueen
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Exercise of friday.....? Empty
PostSubject: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 pm

do members exercise the ybs on friday mornings when basketing later that day.....? i didnt last week but im thinking of doing it this week
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:31 pm

david.
we have allwas kept them in on friday when thy are racing on saturday.
but this week we have not had a trainer because of the weather.
we have to go to our club at 7pm on friday with the birds.
like you i would be interested if it would be all right to give them a 12 mile trainer on friday.
WHAT ARE THE MEMBERS VIEWS ON THIS.

Back to top Go down
Paul Thomson
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:46 pm

As a rule I don't let them out on a friday. Feed them all they want early in the morning, feeders away by 8am. We basket at 4pm normally for the first 6 yb races.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:08 pm

paul.
do you think it will be allright not to give them a trainer this friday.
if we have not had one this week.
just keep them in. as we have allway do on friday.
Back to top Go down
Paul Thomson
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:56 pm

stormqueen wrote:
paul.
do you think it will be allright not to give them a trainer this friday.
if we have not had one this week.
just keep them in. as we have allway do on friday.

It won't do them any harm as long as it is not too far. I have gotten into a routine on a Friday due to work more than anything hence easier for me not to let them out as I start early to finish early for basketing

Last week mine were in from Saturday to Wednesday as we were away camping with the kids. They got a toss Wednesday night when I got back and one on Thursday morning and into the race. I got 13 out of 14. Mine have had one 20 miler this week but are out twice a day.

One option would be to try with half and see if there is a difference in performance on Saturday. In all honesty there probably wont be
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:28 pm

i will see what like a morning it is paul. and take it from there.
best of luck on saturday.
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:32 pm

My birds will be out for a spin in the morning as normal, they love it; seeing them scoot out the sputnik has to be seen to be believed, they're tripping over each other to get out Very Happy Very Happy .

My club doesn't basket until 7.30pm so if I finish early on a Friday afternoon they'll get a quick fly in the afternoon too. They get a normal feed of conditioning mix in the morning and a few light seeds in the early afternoon.

I'd have no problem sending them on a 12 mile training toss as long as the weather is good and it's early enough i.e. before midday - after all its only a 15 - 20 minute flight. JMO.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 pm

going by the weather chart.
it looks all right in the morning. so just might take them.
john.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:29 pm

didnt manage to let them out this morning, they had a 20 min fly around the houes yesterday evening so hopefully they will be ok for tommorrow..........this morning i fed half oz per bird of 50/50 super diet and widowhood, and in about half an hour they will get an oz or so of super diet between them so they will hopefully have a drink........our basketing is between 6.30 and 7.30 so i should start basketting them up around 6.15

good luck to everyone who is racing tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 pm

just keeped to our routine david.
did not let them out .
and gave them half there normal feed.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:52 pm

mine get around an ounce and a quarter a day john, but when racing i feed half oz per bird before dinner time............then its a couple of oz of small seed around 3 oclock so will hopefully gat another drink of water.

going to basket in about half hour to get down the club............ Question
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Very Happy In my opinion what would you hope to gain exercising on friday?? If your management doesnt have them ready by friday you wouldnt be sending them, also I believe the morning before basketing is an important time in your management for proper feeding , watering and motivation. So I would say make it part of your routeen to keep them in and keep them quiet and motivated for whats to come.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:42 pm

hi martyn, i understand what your saying but wouldnt a friday morning spin around the loft sharpen them up a bit and keep them motivated.....?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Well this is what makes pigeon racing so interesting, every one thinks and does it differently, mine are sharpened up monday, tuesday , wednesday and thursday friday is in the loft day.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:55 pm

yes your right martyn, i suppose if a fancier exercises on a friday and they do well, he will stick to this method and do it every week until they dont come well eh........ Razz
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy In my opinion what would you hope to gain exercising on friday?? If your management doesnt have them ready by friday you wouldnt be sending them, also I believe the morning before basketing is an important time in your management for proper feeding , watering and motivation. So I would say make it part of your routeen to keep them in and keep them quiet and motivated for whats to come.

Agree with that Martyn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise of friday.....?   Exercise of friday.....? Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercise of friday.....?
Page 1 of 1