Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
price of corn going up  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
price of corn going up  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
price of corn going up  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
price of corn going up  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
price of corn going up  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
price of corn going up  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
price of corn going up  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
price of corn going up  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
price of corn going up  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) price of corn going up  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 119 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 118 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.price of corn going up  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
price of corn going up  Vote_lcapprice of corn going up  Voting_barprice of corn going up  Vote_rcap 
David
price of corn going up  Vote_lcapprice of corn going up  Voting_barprice of corn going up  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
price of corn going up  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
price of corn going up  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

price of corn going up

Go down 
+5
oldstrain
birdlady
Don Webb
peel bros
glen wilkinson
9 posters
AuthorMessage
glen wilkinson
Chipping
Chipping

price of corn going up  Empty
PostSubject: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 pm

was talking to my dad yesterday and he told me he was at knoxys the other day putting in this months corn order in and was told that the corn was going up on some brands the biggest jump was on red band which was going up £10 per bag yes £10 going from £16 to £26 some others by £2 per bag this is not knoxy this is the supplyers so be ware shop around and if you can get some cheep stock up .
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 pm

thats terrible
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Yes its getting past a joke the cost of corn is
Back to top Go down
birdlady
Chipping
Chipping
birdlady

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 pm

£10 on a bag seems very high..

i switched to pigeons because the feed was cheaper...half the price i was paying for finch seed,some of it was £25 a bag.
will be interesting to see if there is an increase on the stuff im using atm (versa lagge small bean/wean)
was £13.50 two mths ago.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:13 pm

bought a sack of redband 2 weeks ago for 15 quid ...just in time by the looks
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 pm

think we was 18 pound last year for red band.
just got 3 bag;s of barley this week 8;46 the bag 25kl bags.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:01 am

no wonder young uns do,nt come into this sport,the cost of corn,clocks, rings and so on...terrible
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 am

I never buy brands of pigeon corn. I always prefer to buy the separate grains and build it up according to the time of year. Corn, barley, wheat and a small amount of beans. I adjust this as and when I think fit. I also have another a bin, in which I mix red and white dari, hemp, rapeseed, linseed, and a small amount of groats and crushed peanuts, popcorn maize. Most I buy from a corn mill, other bits I buy from Asian supermarkets.If more fanciers did this, it would force pigeon feed companies to drop their prices. Because at the end of the day, you are just paying for a fancy name in a fancy bag. Also paying for the convenience of having them compile a mixture for you.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am

For breeding I buy beans from a local farm, amazing quality everone around here buys it and a 25kg bag cost 4 quid beat that, and best barley is 5 quid a bag. But I just went to order from Taylors choice again this week and noticed they are no longer doing pigeon corn mixes in any form below 40 bags at a time, whats going on???? I used to buy 20 bags of various mixes off them usually versa laga, but seems now I cant buy like this again? strange business.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 am

That's the way to go mate. You may find though, at this time time of year, that many companies put up their prices. A corn merchant, pet supplier etc, has to take their prices into consideration, before bulk purchasing. Because if they cannot make a decent mark up and remain competitive, then they will not buy it in. Many years ago, I had a business account at Batleys Cash and Carry. They used to do a good range of Bucktons Corn. Which I used to get for a few local fanciers on a weekly basis. I only used to put on a pound a bag on it. But they was over the moon with savings and I cut my corn bill down dramatically.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:13 am

interesting reading gary and martyn.....
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:18 am

thats not pigeon brand corn your more again for a 20k bag from club when they have to order but our clubs stopped it now unless some of them come together to get a crate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:27 am

since racing stopped ive been feeding mine on £7.50 corn mix, it is in a plain white bag and i thought it would be just cheap corn to feed them on over winter.....when i opened it i was suprised how good it was and how clean it was, its no different from the £14.50 bags of vanrobeys ive been feening them on all season...........

if it can get the same stuff ill be feeding it during next years racing.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Pigeon racing, does not have to be expensive, the more you do for yourself, the cheaper it becomes. If your birds like a particular mix of corn, then why not write down it's list of contents and buy them in as singles. You might find that a certain mix works for you, but the there is the odd grain that your birds seriously dislike and will not eat. So why not recreate the mix yourself and omit these grains.
Be cost effective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: price of corn going up    price of corn going up  Empty

Back to top Go down

price of corn going up
Page 1 of 1