Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
a question on humidity Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
a question on humidity Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
a question on humidity Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
a question on humidity Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
a question on humidity Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
a question on humidity Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
a question on humidity Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
a question on humidity Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
a question on humidity Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) a question on humidity 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 3 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.a question on humidity Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
a question on humidity Vote_lcapa question on humidity Voting_bara question on humidity Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
a question on humidity Vote_lcapa question on humidity Voting_bara question on humidity Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
a question on humidity Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
a question on humidity Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

a question on humidity

Go down 
+2
Sky Tx
birdlady
6 posters
AuthorMessage
birdlady
Chipping
Chipping
birdlady

a question on humidity Empty
PostSubject: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:46 pm

any ways to reduce humidity in the shed..
at the moment for last 3/4 wks..i have had 100% humidity..the shed isnt damp,no water getting in..but we have had alot of rain here (nothing new there).
i have a gauge in there left over from breeding the small birds,thats how i know what it is...the outside humidity is the same.there are plenty of vents,and i also have 2 hatches that go to outside avairy,which are open all day.
Back to top Go down
Sky Tx
Hatchling
Hatchling
Sky Tx

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Just asking by an Old American
What is harmful with/by haveing High Humidity?
If the inside of the loft and the birds are DRY
Here in Texas-somedays the Humidityis 100%--We have a saying"today we can breath it or drink it."
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:59 pm

hi birdlady, i would have suggested more ventilation.....but you say you have plenty.

do you use any floor whitener when you clean out ? it is good for drying moisture on the floor, perches or nestboxes.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:02 pm

some times you have to realise when and when not to open your loft rainy days isnt one of them and try to adjust ventilation acording to the weather this can be done with sliders up and down your vents
Back to top Go down
birdlady
Chipping
Chipping
birdlady

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:21 pm

yes..i have floor whitener....i didnt want to close the vents up in the rain,to ensure that ventalition was getting in..but will try it..thank you guys..

re high humidity sky tx....dont know if its the same in pigeons,but when i bred the smaller birds,i always kept a check on it during breeding times..if it was to high the eggs can drownd in the shell..to low and they dry out.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:25 pm

like graham said, if you have secondry wire mesh doors, i would open your main doors so the sun csn shine into the loft when its a fine day..........it will help keep the loft dry and the air fresher.
Back to top Go down
Sky Tx
Hatchling
Hatchling
Sky Tx

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Yes Birdy--I give the birds lots of baths in dry weather and have even misted the eggs to help them hatch.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 pm

it takes time to get a loft right but the best way is sit in the loft at times when its sunny windy and damp and try to adjust things to comfort its not easy but given time you will see the differance most of all a damp loft wont and never will be healthy keep it dry at all times
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:41 pm

hi bird lady, is your ventilation high up and low down ? why i ask this is because last year i only had ventilation below the roof, front and back.......the air was still and you could tell it wasnt ventilated enough.........i then added air vents to the doors about one foot up from the bottom and then i could feel the air circulating through the loft.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:45 pm

yes g can be difficult to get the rite balance i never open the loft on foggy or damp days and have installed the small dehumidifiers in each section and now things are going in the rite direction
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:49 pm

take ya drinkers out at night they dont do the loft any good and ya birds sure dont leave there perch for a drink all ya doing is leaveing water there and anything that can draw water will even the heat from the birds
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:54 pm

yes i do this aswell g i remembered you saying on the chat m8 ........thanks
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:59 pm

time for bed on the blackpool run in morning you lot be good ive got me lap top so any shit while im away ill report to admin lol take care chaps
come to think of it ya dont think david would make me a moderator do ya
na not if he has any brains pmsl
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:13 am

no way lovejoy you cant trust a antiques dealer pmsl
Back to top Go down
birdlady
Chipping
Chipping
birdlady

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:50 pm

vents are bottom and top....i do have a wire door so that on good days,the main door is left open,..the hatches to the avairy are in the middle.
have put some loft whitener in today after a good clean out,and will remove the water at night..makes sence that they wont be drinking during the night.

thanks for the info..very grateful,also might invest in a dehumidifyer...i do have a plasma air purifier in there...left over from the small birds...it charges any dust or pollen particals,and makes them fall straight to the floor,instead of floating around.
Back to top Go down
Sky Tx
Hatchling
Hatchling
Sky Tx

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Are NEW TOPICs not showing up on the site???????
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Sky Tx wrote:
Are NEW TOPICs not showing up on the site???????

they wont show up on site if no-ones making any don..................... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:39 pm

silly man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
Sky Tx
Hatchling
Hatchling
Sky Tx

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:43 pm

I sent 1-2 today and nothing showed up. It could be ME?

My computer?
---I'm not clicking the cottect Key?

Doon't worry--I'll just live with the problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a question on humidity   a question on humidity Empty

Back to top Go down

a question on humidity
Page 1 of 1