Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
1 for ray peel  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
1 for ray peel  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
1 for ray peel  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
1 for ray peel  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
1 for ray peel  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
1 for ray peel  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
1 for ray peel  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
1 for ray peel  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
1 for ray peel  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) 1 for ray peel  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 111 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.1 for ray peel  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
1 for ray peel  Vote_lcap1 for ray peel  Voting_bar1 for ray peel  Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
1 for ray peel  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
1 for ray peel  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

1 for ray peel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:36 pm

hope you like it ray sean

ERNIE GOODYEAR

of Staincross, Barnsley

Ernie Goodyear and Steve Burditt

Sunday 25th October 10.30am I arrived in Sheffield to meet up with a good friend Steve Birditt of Eccelsfield. I’ve mentioned Steve before on my blog, a great guy who I’ve known for over 12 years and one of the best fanciers I know (Steve’s not been well with a short spell in hospital so it was good to see him.). We had made arrangements to go over and see Ernie at his home in Staincross, which is a very well turned out bungalow with a lovely garden were he houses some of his team. The trip was intended for me to have a look at Ernie’s Koopmans & Van Dyck pigeons which I had on good information were top class but as it turned out it was a very interesting look inside this maestro’s loft and it was more than even I had expected.

After arriving at the house just a short trip up the M1 from Sheffield with Steve we were greeted with an empty house but we were a little early so we had a little chin wag about my new stock hen I had just picked up the day before. It’s a direct Pouw Bros, a dtr of “de goode broken poot”, an old 2000 hen but I know Steve has some great Pouws so it was a bit of a hint (hahaha).

Young Koopman hen

Ernie arrived about five minutes after us and, as it turned out, he had a coach trip leaving that morning so had to make sure everything was in place, never leaving anything to chance! Ernie runs a very successful coach company in Barnsley - Goodyear Travel - covering every kind of trip including some great trip for us pigeon people to Belgium, Holland & Germany doing loft visits, stud tours and the big shows... (Well worth a visit. Can be seen in the B.H.W.).

After meeting Ernie and having a quick chat, he invited us to pop around the back and have a look at the lofts and his rather large dog that does a great job of deterring any unwelcome company. Once the dog was safely locked away we had a look at the fantastic garden and pond, which is situated right next to his house and goes into his conservatory, so you can see the fish from inside (very swish). The lofts are situated at the bottom of Ernie’s garden and are made up of a few different sheds, the largest being an L-shaped pantiled loft with electric lighting and automatic cleaning belts under the grilled boxes, with three other sheds housing spare birds and younger stock being matured ready for the shows.

Ernie started with pigeons after becoming interested as a young man, with his farther keeping and racing birds for a long time. I asked him how long he’d kept and raced birds and the reply was one I’ve heard many times - too long! It’s funny most pigeon men have a very dry senses of humour and Ernie is no different.

Direct Koopman stock cock

The young bird team had not been raced this year due to work commitments, which is a real shame, but even with the birds heavy in the moult you could see the class oozing from them, which is a credit to Ernie and his husbandry. The lofts were spotless and with the quick cleaning process I could see why the grilles were of great help to someone who works full time and the floors grills made this a very good set up. We handled some of the young birds and a few of the Koopmans & Van Dycks that I’d hoped to see. I wasn’t disappointed. My info was correct. Bred from directs so what more could a man ask for?

The other birds that caught my eye were some lovely dark pied. I had a good look at a few and asked Ernie what they were? Willy Jacobs was the answer. What fantastic birds and also from directs, and have already bred prize winners. My next question was: 'What other families do you keep Ernie?' The answer shocked me as they are as follows: Janssens, Pouw Bros/Piet Valk, R Van Soset, Jos Thone, Frederick Philippe, Walter Docx , Jan Huybregts and Brasspennings.

Wow! How many world class families in one man’s lofts and almost every family bought direct apart from two. All the top lines from these flyers, too many to list, but I do hope to return and compile more info for you guys. These are the best birds I have ever seen and this is my tip of the year: if you’re looking for something new this year this is the guy to call on. Ernie does sell some of his birds at the shows and I know he’s going to Telford, Doncaster Dome, South Shields, Blackpool & Doncaster Race Course, and before you all say go on, how much?, well get ready, his birds start at £35 and go up to £80 - working man’s prices, and yes, most of these birds are bred from directs. With the birds, you will receive a copy of sire and dam’s peds. A lot of people look at these birds at shows and think no way, £35 from directs, this guy is lying. I can tell you guys, he’s not!

Direct son of Willi Jacobs' car winner

Good birds are raced from these lofts every year but for some reason people choose not to give credit where its due. Ernie had a few birds in the Europa one loft this year and and they are all still there, one having a few good places and prizes. Someone could grab a bargin - have a look, the ring number ends 82.

I hope you all enjoyed the report. Until next time, if you know someone who’s had a great year and deserves a write up in the Yorkshire area let me know.

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 pm

thanks sean but i,ve read it on his web site.but again thanks for putting it on for me..xx
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:42 pm

i also have a hen direct off the car winner which is willy jacobs,i bought them last year but got nothing off them,i think hen was a bit young maybe and took a while to settle.but they are a fantastic looking pair.i hope they do as well as the walter doxc
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:48 pm

you should have a visit he has some quality birds sean
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 pm

ungreatfull git ray sean spent all day typing that out for you lol!
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:55 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
ungreatfull git ray sean spent all day typing that out for you lol!

i try to please lol sean
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:58 pm

yes and i am grateful.....thank you xxx
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Yeah, good birds, we have a couple of cocks from Poppel lines and a couple of hens from Van Dyck. study
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:09 pm

peel bros wrote:
yes and i am grateful.....thank you xxx

gee thanks Ray lol sean
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:53 am

no bother what so ever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1 for ray peel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 for ray peel    1 for ray peel  Empty

Back to top Go down

1 for ray peel
Page 1 of 1