Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
changes in the sport over the years  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) changes in the sport over the years  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.changes in the sport over the years  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
changes in the sport over the years  Vote_lcapchanges in the sport over the years  Voting_barchanges in the sport over the years  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
changes in the sport over the years  Vote_lcapchanges in the sport over the years  Voting_barchanges in the sport over the years  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
changes in the sport over the years  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
changes in the sport over the years  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

changes in the sport over the years

Go down 
+10
Ginger
peel bros
George & Morgan
lvlasked
phil411
David
Don Webb
IANYOUNG
birdy2011
seanl
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

changes in the sport over the years  Empty
PostSubject: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm

members it would be a great insight into the many changes in the sport over the last 30 years the good and the bad in your areas i will give you an example
i hail from the mighty UNC area at the time before the many splits one of the things that makes me very sad is to see the friendship and help that used to be the normal where you where welcome to every ones lofts how sad it is now where many will not let folks visit or help in any way and only locked gates to greet you
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 pm

its the same with friday and saturday nights once some put birds in they go and soon as the winners be announced they go and forget the poor lad at the bottom of the sheet long gone are the good days where you shook hands and had a pint and a laugh before and after
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 pm

most are in it for themselves dont give a shit about fellow members my gate is always open and anyone is welcome , ill help any body out as and when i can
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 pm

IANYOUNG wrote:
most are in it for themselves dont give a shit about fellow members my gate is always open and anyone is welcome , ill help any body out as and when i can

thats very good of you ian but what do you think are the good or bad changes since you came into the sport
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Fair play Ian
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 pm

i think you might get the odd few who will help other fanciers, but i think they are in the minority.............most are in it to win at any cost and will not help or give info to others

in my opinion the best flyers say very little...........
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:48 pm

as a new comer to pigeons from just knowing the bits to reading up and info from other flyers and members from sites i wouldnt of had a clue and the lads in my club all helped me out by small things to me asking but i know some are good flyers and others fly for a hobbie im thankful for the help ... but if i can give someone a helping hand i do ... .
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:22 am

well i carnt reali comment not been in the sport long but in are club we all help eachother all shake hands and all stay behind till the transporter turns up and the birds loaded on and on race day after its ofer all go round one of the fancers and have tea and cakes Very Happy and see who won
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: changes in the sport over the years   changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:36 am

Chris Tea&cakes thats a new one on me
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 am

seanl wrote:
IANYOUNG wrote:

thats very good of you ian but what do you think are the good or bad changes since you came into the sport
this is what iam saying sean people have changed over time maybe theres more money involved ,ie the cost of racing them corn meds etc , and prize money (,in some clubs)
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 am

i will help the lads at the bottom if i can,as you all know i give birds away for nothing,i do,nt ask for a penny like some .thats what i call helping people out.these pigeons i have bought myself but that does,nt bother me one bit,the only reason i lock my gate is to keep the big lads out as i have noticed when you win a decent race they want to know everything but when you ask them they cannot remember anything,very strange.on here there are a few which have helped me over the last few years and i thank them for that,but it has changed over the years
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 pm

theres always going to be backstabbers ray, some of which will be friendly to your face even...........most are not to be trusted. No
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 pm

theres plenty about scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:38 pm

David wrote:
theres always going to be backstabbers ray, some of which will be friendly to your face even...........most are not to be trusted. No
exactly david i know a few
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:07 pm

The most changes I,v seen since I came back, is that most people cleaned out every day and all the anemosty thats going around some dont talk to this one the others dont talk to that one, if any one askes about something they wont tell them,when I first started we use to stay behind and have game of cards or just chat, you could say I would like a youngster off that one and nine times out of ten you would get it even if it was a latebred we would go to other houses and have a chat, but it seemes now that they seem to keep in little clicks and are not happy when someone els wins, I no every one wants to win but their can only be one winner they should be happy to get the birds home to race next time things are not the same and will never get any better, thats the way of the world now I think my name is jack
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:19 pm

It's all gone far too serious and money motivated.
My last partnership was with a young lad, my ex's son. He was only twelve at the time. He refused to take the clock in on race days, because of the abuse he got when we won. It was disgraceful, the way they these pigeon men behaved.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Gaz b wrote:
It's all gone far too serious and money motivated.
My last partnership was with a young lad, my ex's son. He was only twelve at the time. He refused to take the clock in on race days, because of the abuse he got when we won. It was disgraceful, the way they these pigeon men behaved.

I will second that mate just passed a joke now were has all the fun gone in the game
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:49 pm

they are good lads in my club guess im lucky really....when i did manage a decent position though it was silence all round lol
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:02 am

Wait till you do it every week. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:25 pm

alex move up here my club great ha Razz
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 pm

lol! we are basically against each other anyway chris
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:37 am

your going down fool , down Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 am

weather im right or wrong i don,t care but there is to many pills and potions about on the market
these days all wanting your money making you believe that they can make your birds world beaters
there are to many pigeons being sold with peds you can,t realy trust all saying bred of top class birds
it all boils down to pure greed , the RPRA all there intrested in are giving our money away to charity we don,t get any publicity from the national press they all think we wear flat caps and keep whipets the genarel public doesn,t realise what happens on a fri night and sat night in pigeon land but ive spoken to people and there really intrested in the subject of keeping and racing pigeons but would think about it in later life when settled down , i think pigeon racing is out of reach with the younger generation they have so many other things to do
in there lifes . i think i will stop at that cos i think it hasn,t changed for the better the pigeons have got faster but are we really enjoying it with all the money we have to fork out .
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 am

yes the fun side has gone without doubt and yes to many pills and potions

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:36 pm

to many charlatans in this game for me ...dont remember it being like this years ago,to many potions on the market to ,trying to hoodwink fanciers into buying rubbish also the sport is not being portrayed to the public in any shape or form,i can remember when i was at school and most of the public schools had a loft on their grounds (early 80's)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: changes in the sport over the years    changes in the sport over the years  Empty

Back to top Go down

changes in the sport over the years
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next