Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» Good Morning
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Today at 1:33 pm

» Weather today
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Today at 1:32 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Book on Pigeon Racing Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Book on Pigeon Racing 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Book on Pigeon Racing Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Book on Pigeon Racing Vote_lcapBook on Pigeon Racing Voting_barBook on Pigeon Racing Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Book on Pigeon Racing Vote_lcapBook on Pigeon Racing Voting_barBook on Pigeon Racing Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222878 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Book on Pigeon Racing Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Book on Pigeon Racing Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Book on Pigeon Racing

Go down 
+4
Don Webb
Ginger
David
Barry T
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Barry T
Chipping
Chipping
Barry T

Book on Pigeon Racing Empty
PostSubject: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:10 am

Thinking of buying this book ( Long-Distance Pigeon Racing by John Clements ) can anyone recommend it.

Thanks Barry
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarragempugs.co.uk
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:41 am

sorry barry, ive not heard of it, im not one for long distance racing but maybe some of the other members can advise.........did someone recomend this book to you ?
Back to top Go down
Barry T
Chipping
Chipping
Barry T

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Not had it recommended i was looking on Amazon & Ebay for pigeon book to read i'm interested in all distances just trying to find my way having just had hip done i'm getting bored sitting about i like to be active, pigeon racing seems a bit bewildering at the moment with darkness lightness roundabout widowhood natural not to mention all the supplements so thought a book would be good place to start

Barry
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarragempugs.co.uk
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:58 pm

yes i agree barry, theres that much to take in from different sources maybe a simple book could be the answer..........you could be right.

the only books i have are month by month by frank hall, feed to win and advanced techniques by jan aerts, all older books but very interesting.........
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Barry before you get into distance raceing stay with the short races to get the hang of it once you have that you can venture a bit farther a field distance raceing is good to get them home but you must get the bassics first study study study study study
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Ginger wrote:
Barry before you get into distance raceing stay with the short races to get the hang of it once you have that you can venture a bit farther a field distance raceing is good to get them home but you must get the bassics first study study study study study

I will second that Ginger

Barry the one thing i will say is just take one step at a time mate and get the basics right and everything will follow mate
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Barry T wrote:
Thinking of buying this book ( Long-Distance Pigeon Racing by John Clements ) can anyone recommend it.

Thanks Barry

Hi Barry, Its a brilliant book,and will lift your horizons way past inferior sprint type efforts,go for it
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:30 pm

GRIZZLECOCK wrote:
Barry T wrote:

Thanks Barry

Hi Barry, Its a brilliant book,and will lift your horizons way past inferior sprint type efforts,go for it

Everyone to there own Grizzle cock i myself like sprint racing up to 200 miles and there is nothing wrong with that
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:48 pm

I too Don, sprint to middle.
Horses for courses as they say.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:19 pm

ive got that book mate its ok nothing special
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Gaz b wrote:
I too Don, sprint to middle.
Horses for courses as they say.

Gary would like to follow in the shoes of Albert Babington as i have always wanted to be a top sprint flyer old and young birds from a very young age mate

have done the distance timed in on the day from 470 miles and won on the distance but sprint racing is it for me

And the help you have given me i am one step closer mate a big cheers Gary Wink
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:40 pm

I served an in depth apprenticeship as a young boy, by a great fancier who was a channel racer through and through, he never raced a youngbird in his life.
My love is youngbird racing, I don't know what it is, I just love everything about it.
I've won races from across the channel, but my best successes have been from Frome 169 miles approx onwards to our furthest racepoints on the south coast approx 230 miles.

Your welcome Don, I just hope I can put it all into practice mate study
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:09 am

You will put it into practice mate Wink Wink

My main winning was also done with youngbirds it was when i was on my summer holiday from school and everything i did was all around pigeons

One of my best win was when i sent a young cock feeding a youngster to Dorcester he was
1st Club 600+ birds, 1st Ring Special,1st Nom, 1st Club Single nom, 13th Fed 6,000+ birds

Then the following week
1st Club Cherbourg 250+ birds, 1st Nom, 1st Fed Championship, 1st Fed YB Knockout, 4th Fed 3,000+ birds, 1st Club single nom

In 2 races that young cock won just under £600

But that was when i was flying with my Dad (Tosser) so i am egger to race on my own and win big time with just mine and my son's name on the cards or trophies
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:19 am

I raced in four strong clubs, two mid week clubs and two weekend.
Most of successes were from 160 miles mark onwards, I had many club wins, but never topped the fed, had loads of top places 2nd to 10, but that 1st Fed always eluded me.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:26 am

Gary only ever had 2x2nd Feds and loads of other prizes mate never won the fed but the Fed Championship
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:29 am

don i have that book if you want to borrow it
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:33 am

HI STEVE DO YOU KNOW A MATE OV MINE IN SOUTHEND DONT KNOW IF HE STILL RACES M8 HE,S A BUILDER TERRY SPEERPOINT ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:36 am

You will do it again Don, and maybe you can set the record straight mate. cheers
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:36 am

yes mate a great fella, he has just given me a Van Der Merwe cock and is doing me 2 more birds ,i have just become seretary of his club this year, hes a good flyer
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:44 am

HAD SOME TOP PIGEONS OF HIM IN EARLY 90,S GD SHE BRED ME SOME CRACKERS EVERY NEST WAS A WINNER IN IT LOL AFTER THAT HE USED TO FETCH ME PIGEONS UPTO BLACKPOOL SUPER GUY LOST HIS TEL NO WEN PACK UP IN 2002
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:48 am

pm me your number mate i will pass it on to him on friday at basketing, he is still near the top week after week he has to be the 1 i got to aim for, him and trish his other half shes a good flyer to, shes great with hens.
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:58 am

WILL DO STEVE NOW M8 YE THE FIRST PIGEON I EVER GT OF HIS WAS A JANSSEN HEN SHE ENDED UP BEIN THE FOUNDATION OF THE LOFT BRED ME A FED TOPPER 1ST NEST LOL LEFT ME SOME GR8 PIGEONS WILD EYES WAS 1 AND ANOTHER WHICH BECAME KNOWN AS THE SLAG LOL ALOT OV PEOPLE STIL GT PIGEONS OUT OF THE SLAG VERY FEW AND FAR BETWEEN BUT HE DEFO A GENUINE GUY AND TOP FLYER CHEERS STEVE
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:00 am

I loved that Ste, she was one in a million. I still talk about her. lol!
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:07 am

YE GTTA SAY GAZ THE SLAG AND WILD EYES WERE AMAZING PIGEONS BUT THE SLAG AS GTTA BE MY ALTIME FAV WAT A GEM SHE WAS CUD DO OUT WITH HER SHE WAS AS DAFT AS A BRUSH LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:12 am

She bred them two sisters I had with that red cock if you remember 2077 and 2078, they won first and second from Hereford at Preston 2 Bird Club in really bad weather, they were over 13 minutes clear.
She was a cracker, she always showed to us when we went in the the loft. She was a cocky sort of hen though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book on Pigeon Racing   Book on Pigeon Racing Empty

Back to top Go down

Book on Pigeon Racing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next