Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby David Today at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Do you pair or not pair YBs Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Do you pair or not pair YBs 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 121 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 121 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Do you pair or not pair YBs Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Do you pair or not pair YBs Vote_lcapDo you pair or not pair YBs Voting_barDo you pair or not pair YBs Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Do you pair or not pair YBs Vote_lcapDo you pair or not pair YBs Voting_barDo you pair or not pair YBs Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Do you pair or not pair YBs Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Do you pair or not pair YBs Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Do you pair or not pair YBs

Go down 
+7
Don Webb
George & Morgan
sj lofts
Gaz b
David
Rene A
EssexSteve
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Do you pair or not pair YBs Empty
PostSubject: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:10 am

Lets discuss, Do you pair or not pair youngbirds and why
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:16 am

if they pair up i leave em as they are
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:17 am

morning steve, i think its down to the individual really, some will have success by pairing and some wont.......ive always found if ybs are bred too early all tey want to do is be pairing up, rather than exercise, but ive also found that if the oldbirds were paired up at the beggining of feb the ybs off of them are just ready for pairing/showing an interest in the opposite sex somewhere around the 3rd yb race, which i think is just right........

then again there will be the fancier who has his ybs on a sort of widowhood/roundabout system....... study

each to their own i say steve....... Razz
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:35 am

I never let them pair and once they start to show an interest in the opposite sex they are split up as it causes allsorts of problems, like not coming in when called and roof hopping etc.
I like youngbirds to mature but not spend all their time and energy driving. I want all that energy to go into the pigeon for their development.
Exercising is important leave em together and they won't do it.
However I do have a sliding partition where both sexes are visible to each other. This is closed at night but open during the day.
When training and racing they arrive to an open loft where they can play together.
The day of basketting I allow then to play together before going in the basket.
I do a few other motivational tricks as they progress.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:23 pm

just let them go through the natural process if they pair up leave me if they lay thats fine not realy fussed theres alot ov top races won with ybs sittin feedin etc each to there own lol like young cocks on w/hood lol so watever takes preference that suits lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:58 pm

a practice years ago was just to slip 2 eggs under a young hen sitting in a nest and it worked especilly for the longer races it was said if a young hen was to lay it would never be any good as a old bird george
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:13 pm

rainbow wrote:
a practice years ago was just to slip 2 eggs under a young hen sitting in a nest and it worked especilly for the longer races it was said if a young hen was to lay it would never be any good as a old bird george

I will second that Rainbow
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:13 pm

If they pair up i leave them together and rear a youngster the motivation is 120%
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:26 pm

i will be pairing ybs but let them do it in their own time but dont let them raise ybs just sit pot eggs
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:29 pm

pigeons are more mature these days ive always paired them to older cocks and hens a jealous y/b if fit will take some beating
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:32 pm

my best yb last season was a hen, the cock she was paired to was paired to 2 or 3 different hens..........
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:26 pm

David wrote:
my best yb last season was a hen, the cock she was paired to was paired to 2 or 3 different hens..........

a few of my y/bs are real early and have matured very fast in fact some of the young cks would pair now if i let them
but once they come off the darkness i will select some to fly w/hood and maybe a few hens on roundabout the rest can please them selves i,m just lucky i got room as not haveing old birds but each to their own what suits me might not suit them sean
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:36 pm

because i have such a big yb team this year i think i will leave them togeather, its easier......if they start to pair up when racing has started i will leave them and use it as a way of motivating them........
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:10 pm

youngbirds on celibacy, get it right it's deadly method.
One thing many fanciers do, is use the desire to mate and breed as a motivator, but once they have satisfied their urges they have to use other things to motivate their pigeons.
My way, you can manipulate that desire throughout racing and you take nothing out of the youngbirds at all, but that desire to mate and breed is still stronger motivational tool than ever, that never becomes stale because that need is never satisfied..
Birds will stay much fitter than you have ever seen them.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:27 pm

if mine pair they pair but i,m not bothered either way,the yb hen i topped the fed with last season was not paired at all,so it just goes to show you,does it really matter as long as they are happy, fit and healthy
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:32 pm

That's the one Ray, one of my best ever Hens, never ever paired and she scored well over three seasons.
But it is good to get lots of different opinions and thoughts on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:55 pm

peel bros wrote:
if mine pair they pair but i,m not bothered either way,the yb hen i topped the fed with last season was not paired at all,so it just goes to show you,does it really matter as long as they are happy, fit and healthy

Will second that Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you pair or not pair YBs   Do you pair or not pair YBs Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you pair or not pair YBs
Page 1 of 1