Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
How do members pair...? Emptyby David Today at 1:54 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
How do members pair...? Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
How do members pair...? Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» Weather today
How do members pair...? Emptyby David Today at 1:49 pm

» good luck weekend
How do members pair...? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
How do members pair...? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
How do members pair...? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
How do members pair...? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
How do members pair...? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How do members pair...? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 110 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 108 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How do members pair...? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
How do members pair...? Vote_lcapHow do members pair...? Voting_barHow do members pair...? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
How do members pair...? Vote_lcapHow do members pair...? Voting_barHow do members pair...? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222669 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How do members pair...? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How do members pair...? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How do members pair...?

Go down 
+9
Rene A
Don Webb
Alex
alexhe
Ginger
IANYOUNG
kev d
stormqueen
David
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

How do members pair...? Empty
PostSubject: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 pm

how do members decide which birds to pair to each other, is it best to best ie racing performance ? or do they study pedigrees and decide which to pair to each other...? or maybe even eyesign scratch
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 am

am pairing my fed topper back on with her father this year only got 1 egg from the pair and the youngster went on to top the fed at 197 miles but i lost the young hen that bred her so she will be paird back to father to keep that line try not to put two perl eyes together thats about it with me or two pieds with bull eyes
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:33 pm

i try not to put a big cock with a small hen i try to get the balance right
with the sizes also feather texture eye colour and not to close with the
inbreeding .
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:10 pm

dont like to inbreed pigeons
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:29 pm

ian wrote:
dont like to inbreed pigeons
why is that then ian ,if you don,t go to close
and your breeding with good winning pigeons then it,s fine to keep the family line intacked
but like your self some like to do it and some don,t .
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:43 pm

dont mind missing a generation kev but like you say not too close
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 10:04 pm

im going to pair a brother and sister together which were out f a father and daughter pairing........ affraid lol! lol! lol! they might end up with three wings and two heads lol!
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:01 am

never david put brother and full sister together this year my uncle inbred and cross bred for 55 years and there was not much could touch him let me tell ya that ya just must know what yer doing as it can get com
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:20 am

If I bring in a birds I never pair them together allways take them out and put them back just to have diffrent blood in them mind you they go to something good in the first place
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:44 am

inbreed line breed keeps your lines close
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:29 pm

i prefer not to do this everyone has a different opinion
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:45 pm

yes diverant stokes for diferant folks but you must do this to keep your family close simple as
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:49 pm

must do nothing john thats you method but not mine simple as
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:06 pm

no didnt say you must do now
but if you want to keep lines of family going this is how you do it simple bounce
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:23 pm

o whatever john but not for me lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm

no not everyone does it well it wouldent be a good sport if everyone did the same thing now would it just pionting out one of the methods there is to do things no harm done study
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:03 pm

your entitled to your opinion and so am i
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:52 pm

yes thats what its all about ian thats why theres sites like these Arrow
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:12 pm

i think some of the top fanciers inbreed/linebreed to keep the family strong, i suppose it depend on what winners, if any they produce as to weather it is successful or not.........each to their own at the end of the day and for the fanciers who have produced winners this type of pairings will be acceptable..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alexhe
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:19 pm

DAVID wrote:
how do members decide which birds to pair to each other, is it best to best ie racing performance ? or do they study pedigrees and decide which to pair to each other...? or maybe even eyesign scratch

bump bump sunny
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:20 pm

would be interesting to know alexhe, members never gave their views on this did they ....?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 pm

I'd be intrested to know too...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:24 pm

all keeping quiet alex, they dont want to tell us............. No No lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:28 pm

perhaps its a secret?
Back to top Go down
alexhe
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:29 pm

just pair birds up at random. just do it as you want. no any rules for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do members pair...?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next