Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 120 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 119 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Vote_lcapRant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Voting_barRant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Vote_rcap 
David
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Vote_lcapRant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Voting_barRant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Empty
PostSubject: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 am

the rant on BOP has started again on the rsbp'sfb page for the members that has FB heres the link https://www.facebook.com/RSPBLoveNature/posts/299260286846845?notif_t=like
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 am

im not on FB rene, whats it say......?
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 am

They you go you sick twisted Bird of prey lovers, it was only a matter of time. These are the consequences of allowing these killers to live in our towns and cities. If you give money to the RSPB then you support this. The Church allows them to live on their cathedrals and churches. Councils put out nest boxes for them. Protect your children and pets show your disgust.

Boy, 2, maimed in hawk attack
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4634906/toddler-maimed-in-playground-hawk-attack.html

Boy, 2, maimed in hawk attack
www.thesun.co.uk
EXCLUSIVE: BIRD of prey swooped and latched on with razor-sharp talons — leaving 2-yr-old Alfie horrifically wounded .

Like · · Share.

2 people like this..

Trace Clifford This is hardly a common occurrence, there are more attacks from dogs on children than birds of prey! It's probably poor handling on the owners part, the article says it belongs to a teenager, the bird probably didn't know where it was meant to be or w...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 17 hours ago..

Claire Wright how does the RSPB encourage the slaughter of garden birds? By encouraging people to feed them? Yes, birds will go where food is and yes Sparrowhawks will follow them as they are savvy birds that have to eat, survive/feed young etc. I'd get more worke...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 15 hours ago..

Alison Connolly In that case let us ban all dogs bigger than a toy poodle from towns and cities as well, just in case. And cats. And parrots.........

Like · Reply ·
· 18 hours ago..

Chloe Pritchard The RSPB in no way promote the destruction of garden birds. You shouldn't make allegations against a charity that are trying to conserve what is natural when you don't fully understand what their aims are. If you were to go through the RSPBs current mi...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 14 hours ago via mobile..

Trace Clifford Actually, if you look around birds of prey are all over even in built up areas, a perfect example is where I live, we get Buzzards, Kestrels and Sparrow Hawks, these birds move to where the food is, you can't encourage a bird of prey to visit your gard...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 16 hours ago..

Megan Jay That is very sad, but not the same bird that lives on churches or cathedrals. Wild birds wouldn't attack like this, this Harris Hawk was obviously used to humans, therefore wasn't scared of them.

Giving money to the RSPB supports the Wild Birds of Pr...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 20 hours ago..

Robin Dylan Evans I hope the young lad makes a full recovery. Mike your on cloud cucoo!!!!! What a load of crap you have writen above. The birds natural enviroment is quickly being destroyed by humans, they have nowhere else to go.

Like · Reply ·
· 15 hours ago..

David Wilson Think Mike has reeled us all in, and popped us in is net. :/

Like · Reply ·
· 15 hours ago via mobile..

Mike Link actually did not think the post would stay on the site for long so no plan just a spur of the moment frustrated soapbox rant lol

Like · 13 hours ago..

Write a reply...

Nicola Stables Um no, disagree completely, everyone has a right to a view, birds of prey normally go for birds not people, really hope the little boy is ok and its very upsetting for all concerned but in my view it's wrong to slate the complete world of birds...who we do need for our food chain....it's a natural world...

Like · Reply ·
· 15 hours ago..

Claire Wright ps if you want a blood sport ~ come to one of the grouse moor land ~ birds shot for pure pleasure ~ Birds of Prey shot to protect man's interests.....shows how much you really don't understand about Birds of Prey...

Like · Reply ·
· 15 hours ago..

View all 2 replies..

Mike Link not true at all, The birds should live in their natural habitat that i believe. They should be discourage from city nesting and moved on without the need for cruel treatment.

Like · 13 hours ago..

Write a reply...

Vivien Finn I am sorry for this little boy and truly hope he makes a full recovery frome his ordeal, and his mum too. It was irresponsible to let a Harris Hawk fly or even be where there are small children. Small children make noise,( I'm not implying Alfie hims...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 16 hours ago..

David Wilson Harris hawks arent a native species. They are owned by falconers who fly them as a hobby. So they are out of their natural environment . This is a freak and unfortunate accident. I agree these hawks shouldnt be flown in built up areas but blaming all native birds of prey as attackers and dangerous to people is just silly.

Like · Reply ·
· 16 hours ago via mobile..

Trace Clifford As for the 'killing tables' I have never heard of this and I'm sure there are a lot of people who follow this page would not do that for the sake of seeing them up close.... most on here love nature of all kinds and are happy to see things in their natural habitat Smile

Like · Reply ·
· 16 hours ago..

David Wilson The birds were here before us. We moved into their territtory. And to seriously think that a hawk would attack purposefully a child is nonsense. Raptors grace all of our country regardless whether we feed birds or not.

Like · Reply ·
· 16 hours ago via mobile..

Dave Warren well frolets i think get some real facts here.firstly you wont see harris hawks in wilds of britiain.or iv not seen any.yes theres peregrines.and other birds of prey that live on buildings in citys/towns.but iv never seen any attack people.be it a pere...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 15 hours ago..

Trace Clifford Very well said Claire Wright Smile

Like · Reply ·
· 15 hours ago..

Chloe Pritchard ALSO there are alot of small, songbirds that are overprotected, but you're not going to tell me we should go out to the Serengeti and start killing the lions off because the smaller animals are being eaten.

Like · Reply ·
· 12 hours ago via mobile..

Chloe Pritchard Do you even know what the small bird ratio: bird of prey ratio is?! They clearly won't be just something found in history books. Take a trip to Leighton Moss (or any other RSPB reserve for that matter) - educate yourself and come back with a comment li...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 12 hours ago via mobile..

View all 2 replies..

Mike Link No its a human world and because of human actions nothing is balanced.

Like · 12 hours ago..

Write a reply...

Andrew Kyle Where have all the songbirds gone? Can't blame farmers for their demise in our city gardens! The blame lies squarely with BOP. They are overprotected and overpopulated. Do not haul out the outdated population figures, even if they were up to date, ...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 12 hours ago..

Robert James Owen I love the birds of prey but not the artificial move to install nest sites in cities. My garden birds have been decimated the last few years. Please people if you put feed sites in the garden make sure there is some protection for the unaware song birds. Hen sparrow hawks are the worse culprits and I would imagine the sparrowhawk population is at an all time high.

Like · Reply ·
· 12 hours ago..

Dave Warren one of the biggest problems.with owning birds of prey is.almost any one can have one.there should be much more stronger regulation on licences on who can have them.and theres a dam good lesson to be learned here.if your going to own a bird of prey.the local park aint the place to let it have a fly round.thats has badhas letting a viciouse dog in to the school playground

Like · Reply ·
· 15 hours ago..

Ger O Donnell Shoot every bird of prey not a bird left in de sky with them shoot dem all

Like · Reply · about a minute ago..

Derek Wroe Why dont you go for a jog, come back home play war game, watch a James Bond film, listen to Deacon Blue for an hour or better still get a life !!!!

Like · Reply · about an hour ago..

Andrew Kyle The main point is that for two days running there has been reports of Harris Hawks attacking innocent non prey species. A Jack Russel terrier had its tongue ripped out and now this toddler. Irresponsible owners, yes. The dangers inherant with these ...See More

Like · Reply · 12 hours ago..

Mike Link looking at all these replies i would say that the little birds are doomed and we might as well get used to seeing them in history books. The argument that when the prey is gone then the bird of prey is gone will not stack up since human habits will provide plenty of pheasants, pigeons and seagulls.

Like · Reply · 13 hours ago..

Mike Link Ps. I am glad that you have decided to debate rather than delete.

Like · Reply · 17 hours ago..

Mike Link These natural predators belong out in the wilds of woods, cliffs and Quarries and not within human habitats. Regardless of captive or not they should not be allowed to live amongst us. And yes sick twisted is insulting just as i am insulted by the way ...See More

Like · Reply ·
· 17 hours ago..

View all 4 replies..

Andrew Kyle The main point is that for two days running there has been reports of Harris Hawks attacking innocent non prey species. A Jack Russel terrier had its tongue ripped out and now this toddler. Irresponsible owners, yes. The dangers inherant with these bir...See More

Like · 12 hours ago..

Andrew Kyle Where have all the songbirds gone? Can't blame farmers for their demise in our city gardens! The blame lies squarely with BOP. They are overprotected and overpopulated. Do not haul out the outdated population figures, even if they were up to date, they...See More

Like · 12 hours ago
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:31 am

Fuel for the fire here now...

that picture of the boy on the sun is discusting.

ive seen what they do to pigeons, but to think it could happen to people too.

should be ashamed No No
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 am

thanks rene, interesting reading, i see we still have the bop brigade trying to defend them, even when its a child or a small dog...........

the thing is, both these attacks have been down to the idiots who owned them, these are a wild animal they are playing around with which they have no control over once liberated..........there should be laws introduced to stop all and sundry keeping such birds.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 am

Alex wrote:
Fuel for the fire here now...

that picture of the boy on the sun is discusting.

ive seen what they do to pigeons, but to think it could happen to people too.

should be ashamed No No

if my dog attacked a child alex, i`d be up on charges........why isnt this idiot ?
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 am

i agree with that David but will anything be done about it I THINK NOT will the teenager get done I DON'T THINK SO he will have the bird taken away from him and the birds given to another Falconer now that bird has had a taste of blood it will want more and it will happen it was said on another post on here that its because it was a teenager that BOP BULLSH** i have spoken to a falconer over here on many accastions and he said himself " these are wild birds at the end of the day and they can turn nasty at anytime the same as any dog or any animal "

not so long ago an old lady was attacked in a park protecting her Dog another lady was attacked in her own home and the BOP actualy went into her house a few months back too and these to incedents were from wild BOP
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:57 am

i agree, it shouldnt have been out in a kids park...

the lad it belongs to should face charges, people dont realise the danger these birds cause...

they think its all a conspiracy caused by pigeon fanciers, well now they know No No No
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:59 am

i dont think it will make any difference what these hawks/bops do rene, the rspb are very powerful and in with the right people.........so nothing will get done about them.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 pm

this is now the time that the raptor alliance has fuel for its fire, and can use it in their favour....

if they care enough that is...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:16 pm

lets see what they say about it in their weekly updates.......... Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:03 pm

David wrote:
lets see what they say about it in their weekly updates.......... Question Question Question

an i bet it there wont be alot said David on/about it mate
it dont seem as if they've done much for us fanciers as it scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB    Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant from the ( RSPB )on FB
Page 1 of 1