Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:50 am

» escaped birds return
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
How many pigeons do you have and Race Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How many pigeons do you have and Race 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 79 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How many pigeons do you have and Race Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
How many pigeons do you have and Race Vote_lcapHow many pigeons do you have and Race Voting_barHow many pigeons do you have and Race Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
How many pigeons do you have and Race Vote_lcapHow many pigeons do you have and Race Voting_barHow many pigeons do you have and Race Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222590 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How many pigeons do you have and Race Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How many pigeons do you have and Race Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How many pigeons do you have and Race

Go down 
+4
peel bros
Don Webb
Paul j
Paul
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

How many pigeons do you have and Race Empty
PostSubject: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:29 pm

I only like to keep a small team of around 10 Ob's, I prefer to keep a small team so I can send them every week, and its easier to control them as I only get to the garden after work for an hour or so, I know other lads like to send 20's and 30's each week but each to our own and suppose you send what you can afford, but it only takes 1 to win.
Back to top Go down
Paul j
Chipping
Chipping
Paul j

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi I want around 20 pigeons so i can have 2 teams and then there might be some lost etc
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Paul wrote:
I only like to keep a small team of around 10 Ob's, I prefer to keep a small team so I can send them every week, and its easier to control them as I only get to the garden after work for an hour or so, I know other lads like to send 20's and 30's each week but each to our own and suppose you send what you can afford, but it only takes 1 to win.

Paul there is nothing wrong with having a small team mate you can concentrate better on a small team than a larger team plus you can bond better with your birds as you have more time to give each bird than having a larger team

heres a story for you when i was 9 years of age i asked my dad if i could have a loft of my own which he said yes to and brought me a 6x4 garden shed i placed 6 widowhood boxes in the shed (loft) the widow i used as the entrance and the door was to the side

placed 6 young cocks in there and spent all winter spending time with them even reading my school books to them and talking to them paired up breed youngsters come racing always had to wait fore my dad to do his work with his team then i could exercise my team

Come the first race 3 pigeons come together 2 for dad 1 for me the next race 2 come together 1 for dad 1 for me the next 3 races i had the in first pigeon

Out of 12 races entered i beat my dad 8 times at the end of the old bird season the loft was changed to a shed and was stopped racing my own team and the reason for this was because my dad said he could't afford to pay for two race teams lol! lol! lol!

The main thing Paul is if your birds are right there motivation is right and you have put the work in any small team will hold there own against any big team
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:04 pm

i send lots as you all know..i,m the mob flyer on here
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 pm

14 OBS 8 stock and will have 30 ybs and thats plenty for me to go on with
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 pm

9 pairs OBs, 4 stock pair and hopefully about 30 YBs
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 pm

We have 40, oldbirds this season and we have bred 50 youngbirds.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:11 pm

peel bros wrote:
i send lots as you all know..i,m the mob flyer on here

I haven't bred a pigeon this year etc Smile Smile but I reckon Wink Wink I could give you a run for your crown I suspect.
Simple math's lol! lol! lol! should put you in the ball park etc. Just remember !!!!!!!! this time of year here they don't eat much. Thou there is a bucket load of feathers, every day coming out of the loft.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:39 pm

i wish my did,nt eat so much corn but they certainly do at this time of year...why have,nt you bred any ybs
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:07 pm

peel bros wrote:
i wish my did,nt eat so much corn but they certainly do at this time of year...why have,nt you bred any ybs

Because !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Embarassed to say, I'm having terrible trouble coming to grips with PMV issue here. For someone who didn't even innoculate for pox etc (most do) I've never had a problem in this area, bar the odd one now & again. At my age now (old & grumpy) Wink Wink the chances are, I will just enjoy them in the back yard & watch them work the valley when I let them out etc.
PS I must also help the grain store survive lol! lol! with my donations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many pigeons do you have and Race   How many pigeons do you have and Race Empty

Back to top Go down

How many pigeons do you have and Race
Page 1 of 1