Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Weather today
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
thought id lost all my yb  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) thought id lost all my yb  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.thought id lost all my yb  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
thought id lost all my yb  Vote_lcapthought id lost all my yb  Voting_barthought id lost all my yb  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222885 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
thought id lost all my yb  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
thought id lost all my yb  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
thought id lost all my yb  Vote_lcapthought id lost all my yb  Voting_barthought id lost all my yb  Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

thought id lost all my yb

Go down 
+6
Rudderfett
skytx
peel bros
birdy2011
EssexSteve
kev d
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

thought id lost all my yb  Empty
PostSubject: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:59 pm

let them out this morn 8.30 beautifull blue sky hardly no wind up and away they go
sky high i was watching them till they went out of sight all 20 of them ,
3 hrs later no birds over a 6 hr period just got one missing now but still time but boy have they flown .
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:08 pm

and it would have done them the world of good
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:18 pm

yes steve i think so as well , better then training better start soon as there starting to
range now we start on july 20th so a while yet .
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 pm

bet they hit a race batch soft lad ya lucky but at least they learnt from it glad you got them one never knows where or how far they go
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:34 pm

you,ve been very lucky getting them back concidering a lot have been racing today.i kept ours in for that reason
Back to top Go down
skytx
Chipping
Chipping
skytx

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Blue skies--no clouds
Pigeon have problems.
Just think back how your birds did on Races that were only Blue skies and no clouds.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm

I live on the coast and the Irish birds flying from the channel come across here all the time, a few years ago one sunny sunday morning not knowing the Irish birds were in penzance I let my 35 ybs out, they flew for about 1 hour and 10 came back really high.
I wondered where the rest were and waited, 3 hours, 5 hours and 8 hours went by and no birds. I had 1 back the next morning 24 missing never seen them again.
True story.
I would say thats whats happened to your birds followed some birds heading somewhere.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:15 pm

skytx wrote:
Blue skies--no clouds
Pigeon have problems.
Just think back how your birds did on Races that were only Blue skies and no clouds.
yes blue skies the sun and the moon up together not good ?.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:31 pm

kev d wrote:
let them out this morn 8.30 beautifull blue sky hardly no wind up and away they go
3 hrs later no birds over a 6 hr period just got one missing now but still time but boy have they flown .

Kev that has done them the world of good mate and yes i would also say they need training now

But why not do what Richard Boylin used to do never raced his youngsters but always feed them well one hour before he let them out but he always let them out when the fed birds would clash with his birds and then they would be all day getting him but the ones that were left were the one which win for him the following years

I love to see this happen because it shows the birds charactoristics plus it shows if they have anything between there eyes Wink as the cream will rise to the top

forgot to say "I KNOW NOTHING" mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:35 pm

skytx wrote:
Blue skies--no clouds
Pigeon have problems.

Your right there Don 2 but was also told Blue Skies which are still is not good plus always leave your birds in when sun is in its highest position (mid-day)
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:55 am

Don Webb wrote:
kev d wrote:

Kev that has done them the world of good mate and yes i would also say they need training now

But why not do what Richard Boylin used to do never raced his youngsters but always feed them well one hour before he let them out but he always let them out when the fed birds would clash with his birds and then they would be all day getting him but the ones that were left were the one which win for him the following years

I love to see this happen because it shows the birds charactoristics plus it shows if they have anything between there eyes Wink as the cream will rise to the top

lol! lol! lol! "I KNOW NOTHING" I would have thought Smile Smile Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes after 10,864 post's etc lol! lol! you should know something.
"Please explain" what went wrong. cheers

Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Spot on Don webb again.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:41 pm

When I was in to it in a big way I use to take my youngbirds down to the transeporter and let them go with them I lost some but the ones that came back turned out to make good racers sometimes and another thing I use to do we have the old Martello towers over here and I use to go down nearly dark and put my youngbirds in the holes and let them sleep their for the night, that was 2 days befor the race as when the race came they didn't want to spend a night out
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 pm

got my last one back last night about 6.30 pm din,t look to botherd about been away for 10 hrs its happend to me a few times over the years ,like don days if they got any sense what so ever they they will work back on there own and not in a box ive never wraped them up in cotton wool and i never will . in a few weeks they will be up with over 5,000 birds , they look very good at the mo flying well and eating well .
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm

no ome dose the same kev but amire you for the way you treat your birds an trust me lads i had one of his birds via stray collecton ant she went on to wi ket 90th national worst thing i did was sending her hom
e lol xx

Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:59 pm

i sent her on sat for a prep race ready for next sat when i come home from work she was in the loft so i clocked her i was 30 mins behind the winner , i will never know how long she was home but she looks good for cholet on sat 300 miles .
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: test loft report   thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 pm

check updates on web site for test birds i cant get used to this laptop but alls well we have a few pink rings naughty birds funny how quick they learn and we got a few lesbians but and i say but im not to sure about rene fink opnes a cock other a slut davids hen is deffo a lesbo seand well them blacks fight a lot then rays sort um stans piss weak ah then theres flash from some t**t in mids nice bird but is it flash in pan then we got stew and there rest of you all i can say is its a pleasure to see such nice youngsters hope to get pics on soon but have to go libay to up date cuss my pc is knacked
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:43 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
check updates on web site for test birds i cant get used to this laptop but alls well we have a few pink rings naughty birds funny how quick they learn and we got a few lesbians but and i say but im not to sure about rene fink opnes a cock other a slut davids hen is deffo a lesbo seand well them blacks fight a lot then rays sort um stans piss weak ah then theres flash from some t**t in mids nice bird but is it flash in pan then we got stew and there rest of you all i can say is its a pleasure to see such nice youngsters hope to get pics on soon but have to go libay to up date cuss my pc is knacked

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
kev d wrote:

lol! lol! lol! "I KNOW NOTHING" I would have thought Smile Smile Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes after 10,864 post's etc lol! lol! you should know something.
"Please explain" what went wrong. cheers

Its all the punches i have taken over the years from the boxing its the drive to comment on posts about nothing i know lol! lol!

But at the moment not to sure something must be going right confused confused drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Spot on Don webb again.

Cheers Martyn but what is it im spot on about confused confused confused confused

CONFUSED.DON drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:01 am

kev d wrote:
got my last one back last night about 6.30 pm din,t look to botherd about been away for 10 hrs its happend to me a few times over the years ,like don days if they got any sense what so ever they they will work back on there own and not in a box ive never wraped them up in cotton wool and i never will . in a few weeks they will be up with over 5,000 birds , they look very good at the mo flying well and eating well .

Cheers Kev

Had a young hen reported she was only 2 miles from the loft and the fancier who reported her said it has taken him just over 3 weeks to get her in when i collected here she was just flesh and bone

The fancier said she would go from the roof every morning and return every night at dusk, this hen was placed in a section on her own for a week and allowed to eat and rest placed her in the youngbird section started to let her out then when she was strong again started to train her and then race her

Kev this young hen was only very small you could fit her into a half pint glass she had every race 14 in total including 3 channel races and she never nighted out again and was always one of the first 3 pigeons back to the loft think she was on the clock about 5 times

The most consistent youngster i had ever raced never put a foot wrong after the mistake when first on the wing

Sorry for being a boring Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thought id lost all my yb    thought id lost all my yb  Empty

Back to top Go down

thought id lost all my yb
Page 1 of 1