Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
sexing old birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
sexing old birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
sexing old birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
sexing old birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
sexing old birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
sexing old birds Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
sexing old birds Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
sexing old birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
sexing old birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) sexing old birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.sexing old birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
sexing old birds Vote_lcapsexing old birds Voting_barsexing old birds Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
sexing old birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
sexing old birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

sexing old birds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:33 pm

alright all im just woundering if any body can tell me a other way to sex a bird ive told its a cock but to me it looks like a hen ive always under stood the hens head look round and cock looks flat and the way with the toe if the outter two same size then it a cock if not then it a hen . but i forgot with way is what any help
or easy way to sex a bird ...
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:59 pm

its the other way round phil hen flat head cock round however sometimes we find it hard sometimes with certain birds it all comes with experience iam afraid and watching the birds ,
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 pm

thanxs ian i will just have to watch them pop it in with a couple of hen see wat happens
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:06 pm

thats the way sharp pick it up
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Very Happy Just a funny thing, this year I had a hen which paired to a hen when they were seperated, now it acted like a cock with this hen so suspected it could be a cock... So when I paired it up, it paired no problem and was in fact a hen, but funny thing is , it hasnt laid??? its the only bird now not to have laid with me, and it was the first paired up.Im thinking perhaps it is a cock? just not sure any more. lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:09 pm

you get some like this bet its a yearling , chances are will be a cock
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:12 pm

my Dad has one, cant remember exactly tho

it was to do with the feet and 1st and 3rd toes when pushed together perfectly one would be level and the other would have one longer than other, but i cant remember which was which

will have to try it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:15 pm

yes have heard this one when toes are level same length supposed to be hen when one longer than other hen have proved this theory wrong tho with known sexes
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

yea that is wat happend with me it was sex as a hen but it danceing round like a cock and the other one i put it on a site and they all said it was hen but i was giveing a yearling hen but that is in a disco danceing round like a cock and paired up with a late breed ... and then i have a 08 bird that as been paired up and nowt happend so i split them and poped the hen back in with him for few weeks and there is notting happening with them ... ive even locked them up for a week im woundering if i should just try to settle her by cliping her wing as i settled him in a few days with the clip
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 pm

this is the problem some people have when they have birds off other people and have not brought them up themselves, when you bring up your own you watch them and get to learn what sex they are as youngbirds
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:24 pm

this is the pic of the bird wich im trying to find out by the toe sexing its a hen but it paired u to a hen the pic was taken a while ago on me fone ... so sorry it not a good pic but can any one sex it on other site befor i found u lads and lasses ... said it was a hen and it was 45 post that said hen and one said it was a cock ....

sexing old birds 251109_1112_1243

and its a unrung bird
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:25 pm

i would have said a cock phil
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:34 pm

ok then so from the other site i will say that amanda said that it was a cock too but everyone else said hen
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:37 pm

think it could be a cock phil put it in end with a fresh hen see what happens
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

sexing old birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing old birds   sexing old birds EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
my Dad has one, cant remember exactly tho

it was to do with the feet and 1st and 3rd toes when pushed together perfectly one would be level and the other would have one longer than other, but i cant remember which was which

will have to try it Very Happy

have heard of this before with the toes, if the outside toe is longer than the inside one the yb is a cock.....if the ouside and inside toes are the same length the yb is a hen. this method can only be used with ybs up to a month old, but after that it cant be relied on as the feet alter in shape when they have been walked on after a while. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

sexing old birds
Page 1 of 1