Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
F.A.O seanl Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:50 am

» escaped birds return
F.A.O seanl Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
F.A.O seanl Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
F.A.O seanl Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
F.A.O seanl Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
F.A.O seanl Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
F.A.O seanl Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
F.A.O seanl Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
F.A.O seanl Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) F.A.O seanl 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 79 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.F.A.O seanl Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
F.A.O seanl Vote_lcapF.A.O seanl Voting_barF.A.O seanl Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222590 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
F.A.O seanl Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
F.A.O seanl Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

F.A.O seanl

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

F.A.O seanl Empty
PostSubject: F.A.O seanl   F.A.O seanl EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:12 am

PRODUCTS YOU WILL NEED =

There are 2 products you need to purchase, 1 from the supermarket first is SODA CRYSTAL.
The second product from a chemist is MEDICINAL CHARCOAL TABLETS, which contains 100 tablets cut in half this will give you 200 doses, you give half per young bird (make sure you buy tablets not capsules they are more expensive) I buy mine from BOOTS £2.99 for 100 tablets. They work on old birds too, if they are having problems with vomiting.

RIGHT THIS IS WHAT YOU DO =

If the young birds retain the corn for more than 24 hours or being sick, the following will be sufficient to treat 20 birds so you will have to make up as required:
ADD 5 teaspoons of soda crystal and 100 mls of warm water and stir till dissolved, it doesn't matter if you put 10 teaspoons you can not overdose with the amount.
So do not worry it will not hurt them, you need a syringe to syringe 5 ml down each birds throat, this will make them vomit up all the corn in the crop.
Leave them for half hour, if they have not been sick syringe 5 ml more down each birds throat you must make them SICK, the soda will sterilize their crop.
When they are sick feel the crop you might have to syringe them 1 more time, you must make sure the crop is completely empty of all corn, once you make sure the crop is empty let them rest for half hour then give them half of charcoal pill each.
When you are making them sick place them in a pen with grids or upturn a crate so they can not pick up corn when they are sick, OR you will have to watch them.
REMEMBER this works in seconds as soon as you syringe the 5 mls down the throat they will vomit straight away.

The next part is the most important once you give half of charcoal pill you must not feed for 26 HOURS please do not feed THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT.
Now when you feed you must only give them DEPURITIVE or DIET and you only give each bird quarter ounce only NO more that day.
The reason for the half pill is it goes through them and cleans them through from crop to back end.
And you only give them a light feed to start with the next day to start the crop moving, give birds quarter ounce depuritive or diet mix late evening. On second day, half ounce depuritive. On third day 50% depuritive 50% corn, once AM and the same late PM.
Next day feed back to normal, young bird sickness gone, you must follow instruction VERY IMPORTANT.

SO THE 3 STEPS ARE =
1 - SYRINGE 5ML DOWN THROAT TILL SICK
2 - HALF CHARCOAL PILL FOR EACH BIRD
3 - DO NOT FEED FOR 26 HOURS

From now on you do not have to worry about young bird sickness you now have the tools to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

F.A.O seanl Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.A.O seanl   F.A.O seanl EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:28 am

gt to be the most harsh and stressfull thing you can do to a yb imo ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

F.A.O seanl Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.A.O seanl   F.A.O seanl EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 am

stewhit wrote:

yes must stress them no end ...and it don't always work either but I do find the charcoal tabs very useful but this soda crystal lark is a no go for me ...there are other ways
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

F.A.O seanl Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.A.O seanl   F.A.O seanl EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:43 am

stewhit wrote:

a mate of mine has  YBS   and from what i hear that treatment works  so i,ll pass it on to him  down to him if he uses or not  guys that have used this before  their y/bs have went on to win plenty food for thought  sean
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

F.A.O seanl Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.A.O seanl   F.A.O seanl EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:45 am

i use charcoal tablets. also good if your birds have had a night out as they absorb toxins. mind you the shit goes black lol
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

F.A.O seanl Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.A.O seanl   F.A.O seanl EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:00 pm

seanl wrote:
stewhit wrote:

a mate of mine has  YBS   and from what i hear that treatment works  so i,ll pass it on to him  down to him if he uses or not  guys that have used this before  their y/bs have went on to win plenty food for thought  sean

it does work not saying that but not all seem to vomit when given the soda crystal,
give 2 charcoal tabs per bird morning and nite at first sign and acidify the water and starve for 36 hours and feed depurative for a few days in small amounts or pellets any that don't get over it doing this wont make the grade anyway as their are always 1 or 2 that don't seem rite again after, anyway they don't all seem to get it and good birds don't seem to get ill ...never had a yb yet that had a serious bout of ybs do any good and come to think of it were lost in the end jmo atb

Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

F.A.O seanl Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.A.O seanl   F.A.O seanl EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 pm

oldstrain wrote:
seanl wrote:
stewhit wrote:

it does work not saying that but not all seem to vomit when given the soda crystal,
give 2 charcoal tabs per bird morning and nite at first sign and acidify the water and starve for 36 hours and feed depurative for a few days in small amounts or pellets any that don't get over it doing this wont make the grade anyway as their are always 1 or 2 that don't seem rite again after, anyway they don't all seem to get it and good birds don't seem to get ill ...never had a yb yet that had a serious bout of ybs do any good and come to think of it were lost in the end jmo atb

Darren I know plenty that have had it and their young ins have went on to win all before them and they used that system to cure them I really cant comment as I aint had it before sean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

F.A.O seanl Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.A.O seanl   F.A.O seanl Empty

Back to top Go down

F.A.O seanl
Page 1 of 1