Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
flys and lice  Emptyby barnie Today at 10:41 am

» Good Morning
flys and lice  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
flys and lice  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
flys and lice  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
flys and lice  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
flys and lice  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
flys and lice  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
flys and lice  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
flys and lice  Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) flys and lice  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 92 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.flys and lice  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
flys and lice  Vote_lcapflys and lice  Voting_barflys and lice  Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222605 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
flys and lice  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
flys and lice  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

flys and lice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mick
Hatchling
Hatchling
Mick

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm

another (fact or fiction) (true or false ) spray vinegar around your loft stops flys and also kills lice I use it al the time including in the bath don't hurt bird but knocks the lice off them
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Mick wrote:
another (fact or fiction) (true or false ) spray vinegar around your loft stops flys and also kills lice I use it al the time including in the bath don't hurt bird but knocks the lice off them
I will go along with that Mick Smile Smile , in the warmer weather here I also spray the loft out etc, with a Bleach/vinegar combination, cup each to a gallon of water & then let it dry. Cheap !!!!!!!! & not very fashionable Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink I would say thou. But then !!!!! the local vet's hate me Smile Smile as they never see me walking through their doors, to con me out of my money etc. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Mick
Hatchling
Hatchling
Mick

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:54 pm

hello m8 people look at me as if im daft and they've had pigeons 40 /50 years they pay silly money for sprays and dips why if you walk past a chip shop on a hot summers day the place is full off fish and you never see a fly I may be young daft and nieve but theres 1 thing I do no is flys hate strong smells apart from SHIT haha but the vinegar takes over this I learnt from a few people in my short spell in life and everything ive been told is true theres still people now in my new club think im BONKERS when they look in my loft and see onions and stinking of vinegar another good thing about vinegar is its herbal and herbal is the best thing IMO
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:10 am

Mick wrote:
hello m8 people look at me as if im daft and they've had pigeons 40 /50 years  they pay silly money for sprays and dips why if you walk past a chip shop on a hot summers day the place is full off fish and you never see a fly I may be young daft and nieve but theres 1 thing I do no is flys hate strong smells apart from SHIT haha but the vinegar takes over this I learnt from a few people in my short spell in life and everything ive been told is true theres still people now in my new club think im BONKERS when they look in my loft and see onions and stinking of vinegar another good thing about vinegar is its herbal and herbal is the best thing IMO
"Bonkers" lol! lol! lol!  I can relate to that, every day !!!!!! my missus Smile Smile  preaches similar words to me, as I go about my daily chores with the birds etc.
Facinating world Wink Wink , if one goes down the herbal path, & it doesn't take much ground either, to grow a years supply. whether !!!! it's for human use Smile Smile  or pigeons Wink Wink . cheers 
Back to top Go down
Mick
Hatchling
Hatchling
Mick

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:14 am

I love HERBAL stuff for the birds:lol: better than the **shiet** you get in an unmarked bottle lee friibons makes some great tonics but another good thing is your local shop sells the stuff he don't
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:36 am

i use ordinary salt and vinegar in my pigeons bath water, and ive never had a problem with fleas or lice..........No 
Back to top Go down
Mick
Hatchling
Hatchling
Mick

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:40 am

david how much salt SALT is bad for a human it causes damage to liver and the heart I would say you would need about 1 table spoon to 10 litres
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:49 am

I use a blowtorch once a week twice in winter seems to keep the loft clean of mites and lice also for the moths we put cedar wood blocks in the loft and in the bath water I just use Epsom salts now
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:56 am

oldstrain wrote:
I use a blowtorch once a week twice in winter seems to keep the loft clean of mites and lice also for the moths we put cedar wood blocks in the loft and in the bath water I just use Epsom salts now
One can see the sense in an Epson salts bath etc for the birds. Along the same lines as humans I would say. cheers 
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:46 am

Mick wrote:
david how much salt SALT is bad for a human it causes damage to liver and the heart I would say you would need about 1 table spoon to 10 litres
yes i would emagine too much salt would be harmful mick, i dont actually measure it out but i dont mix it for example a cup full per litre.......ive been using it for the past 4 years or so and to be honest ive never really seen them drinking the bath water, but i suppose dosages of a lot of things if over done would be harmful, take for instance fanciers who use bleach in the drinking water, some wouldnt dream of using it, others use it regulary.....
Back to top Go down
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:15 am

dried lavender from your garden great for keeping the crawlies at bay
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:39 am

David wrote:
Mick wrote:
yes i would emagine too much salt would be harmful mick, i dont actually measure it out but i dont mix it for example a cup full per litre.......ive been using it for the past 4 years or so and to be honest ive never really seen them drinking the bath water, but i suppose dosages of a lot of things if over done would be harmful, take for instance fanciers who use bleach in the drinking water, some wouldnt dream of using it, others use it regulary.....
1 Table spoon MMMmmmmmmmmmmmm Smile Smile lol! lol! not my way. One cup of salt (pool) to 12 litres is the way etc that I go about it. Bleach !!!!! 125 mls to the same 12 litres at other times & for a change now & again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Vinegar 250 mls. They drink it swim in it & in general have a ball in their bath & I have never found a problem with any of my potions. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flys and lice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flys and lice    flys and lice  Empty

Back to top Go down

flys and lice
Page 1 of 1