Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» escaped birds return
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
who chooses to dispose of birds now Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) who chooses to dispose of birds now 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 104 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 102 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.who chooses to dispose of birds now Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
who chooses to dispose of birds now Vote_lcapwho chooses to dispose of birds now Voting_barwho chooses to dispose of birds now Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
who chooses to dispose of birds now Vote_lcapwho chooses to dispose of birds now Voting_barwho chooses to dispose of birds now Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222592 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
who chooses to dispose of birds now Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
who chooses to dispose of birds now Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

who chooses to dispose of birds now

Go down 
+4
barnie
seanl
lifes to short
edgie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

who chooses to dispose of birds now Empty
PostSubject: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 7:41 am

unless somthing is deffinatley wrong with it, i sort my birds end of november, when everything has repaired its self, that is when the weakneses show up ? .scratch 
Back to top Go down
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:10 pm

thin them out just prior to pairing up
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:18 pm

edgie wrote:
unless somthing is deffinatley wrong with it, i sort my birds end of november,  when everything has repaired its self, that is when the weakneses show up ? .scratch 
every one has their own ways  at present  i have prisoner stock birds that where lent out  but i aint got room for them so they will be sold  to recoup some of my out lay  they are all good birds breeding birds to score for the lad who had a loan of them  but unfortunatly his circimstances say he must put them back   also i have 3 or 4 very good hens but they will be 10 y/olds next year so these will be dispoed of  also there are a number of l/breds  that i bred off the best birds  these will be sold over the next month   i need to just get down to nest boxes  numbers  too many birds   sean
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 pm

I used to try and sort them during racing. If theyre not pulling their weight and you wait too long they moult out and you keep some just cos they look bonny.
I realise some exceptions to this but generally speaking if the loft's really on form and some birds aren't coming they just end up further behind when you hit a bad run of form. jmo
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:05 pm

if its won nothing by the yearling stage the odds it will do so at 2 years old are slim

if its bred nothing in 2 years the odds are it wont in 3 or 4 years

if you base this on a small loft ie the amount of room you have its a fair way of selecting

unless your birds are bred for distance then maybe then you have to wait till there 2 years old having said that more and more yearlings are featuring in national results

jmo

or look at it another way if it cant get 5th to your loft on a regular basis whats the ods of it getting in the top 5 of your club
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Cant believe this subject really, I have never thinned out birds ever, nice if we have any left after racing.
Unless you are talking about stock birds which I do dispose of a few every year, but racers unheared of.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:42 pm

I never dispose of birds, just keep a few and they seem to thin themselves out in racing meaning by the end of the year ive enough left to send next year, would never kill any, couldnt care less if they dont win, as long as they look healthy and return thats fine by me, think many good birds get culled when really its probably the fancier thats wrong not the birds jmo though.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 pm

you have to sort out your birds every year,you cannot keep feeding birds that are no good .its costs too much to do that..its the worst part of the season but it has to be done...i myself try to give birds away free that have done something or cost me a small fortune but regards the rubbish which we all have must go.......
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:58 pm

i agree ray they hold the others back take up time space and food
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who chooses to dispose of birds now   who chooses to dispose of birds now Empty

Back to top Go down

who chooses to dispose of birds now
Page 1 of 1