Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:50 am

» escaped birds return
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 92 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Vote_lcapHow did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Voting_barHow did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Vote_lcapHow did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Voting_barHow did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222590 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?

Go down 
+8
barnie
edgie
peel bros
Don Webb
oldstrain
Rene A
mufc rick
EssexSteve
12 posters
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Empty
PostSubject: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:35 am

Well he question is in the title how did you get started in pigeons and why?
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:27 am

i got started in pigeons through my old fella.i needed a hobby at the time cause i was in the pub all weekend and i got my final ultimation of the misses.best thing ive ever done nothing better than getting down the loft and theres always something to keep me busy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:23 am

I got involved in the pigeons through my late father and my bro but its been in the blood for many years as my grandfathers and uncles had them when they were alive
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:10 pm

my grandfather and uncle used to keep pigeons always been an interest since then
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Got started through my Dad got them at 5 years of age then as I got older it was a way of keeping me out of trouble and it helped big time

Got to say the best sport ever and I love every minute of it
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:20 pm

My Grandad had them since before I was born and 2 of my uncles and I loved them eased into them after 4 years breeding canaries.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:32 pm

i started in 1979 on our balcony at my parents house.we had only 4 birds then.we started because everyone on our estate had them.we started racing in 1984 and have never looked back.we,ve loved every single day of it
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:44 pm

baught my first pigeons at the age of 11, remember it as though it was yesterday, i went on my bike to get them after school, to my amazement he new my dad, sold me a pair of tumblers and gave me a youngen to go with them, price 5 bob them were the days, my dad would never let me have homers, so at the age of 18 i got some, joined a local club to race young birds that season, i was 3rd in my 3rd race, the following year i was 2nd from accross the channel and third from my second channel race with the same bird ring no nu 71 L 59966 he was only 9 month old carrying 4 nest flights, that same year i won the accumulator with a blue hen in the very last race of the season totaling £42 38p,mega money in them days 1971 from that day on i was hooked , and so was my dad, god bless him.cheers 
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Our headmaster at junior school had us all look after animals at the school during our breaks and also one full lesson a week, we kept pigeons, guinea pigs, rabbits, and hens. Hens eggs were sold to the other teachers and youngins off the rest were sold to pupils and the local pet shop. It all brought money in to feed them but importantly all the kids experienced looking after stock properly even if they had no pets at home. When we went swimming at he local pool for a lesson we used to take the pair of racers on the bus and chuck them on the lawn outside.
When he retired the new headmaster wanted shot of the lot even though all us kids wanted to keep them going. I ended up taking a few pair tumblers and rollers and kept them on the allottment aged 10 or 11 years. Then a few strags ended up stopping by and the rest was history. Great experience and thats how I got started but I still hated school though ,right through for another 6 years.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:24 pm

The first photo of me that I can find was me laying on a blanket on my dads lawn surrounded by pigeons pecking around me.
I had no choice.
Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:44 am

I started around 1986, had a few in the back garden then the chance came when a garden became available at central HS in 1989, my good friends Ray and Barry Peel did the business for us and me and my dad bought the garden opposites Rays, since then theres been a few ups and downs with the worst being all the allotments being flattened for the new ASDA, weve since moved to our new garden and alls going well. cheers 
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:55 pm

i started aged about 16 when my older brother got married and took his loft....he left a section in my mams garden which i used to keep a few strays and fantails, i then started racing for a while and packed up in approx 1986 and kept out of pigeons up until 2008 when i restarted again.........Embarassed Embarassed scratch scratch 
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:36 am

David wrote:
i started aged about 16 when my older brother got married and took his loft....he left a section in my mams garden which i used to keep a few strays and fantails, i then started racing for a while and packed up in approx 1986 and kept out of pigeons up until 2008 when i restarted again.........Embarassed Embarassed scratch scratch 
My older brother first had the pigeons at our house (No history)(got smart thou) Smile Smile  went into bugerigars etc. Had to find an idiot lol! lol! lol!  to take over the pigeons. That was in 1956. That idiot Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  has been scraping s**t ever since. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?   How did you start with pigeons, Why/How? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you start with pigeons, Why/How?
Page 1 of 1